Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
However if I switch off wysiwyg using the "A/A" button the text I type appears as very light grey against the white background, almost not visible.

Oops. That was a bug I seem to have introduced yesterday. Solved now.

Are you perhaps archiving older threads? I did an open search based on my username and only got 49 hits going back to late October. Don't know that it matters, just curious.

So far as I know, we aren't, but Myrthos would know for sure!!

The default search result setting is 'display results as threads', meaning that you posted in 49 threads since October. You can search for posts, too - just check the option in the lower left corner when doing a search.

Sorry, misunderstood what "display as threads" meant. Pass that dunce cap this way, please.

*passes dunce cap to dte ;)*

@Wulf: Yes. The asterisk wildcard does work.

You're slipping, Jazzy. I figured I'd receive a temporary alteration to my avatar... :)

I figured your current avatar was punishment enough! :p

But apparentely only in FireFox. Have to check that.

Fixed it. There were some 'Funny' characters in some of the posts. This is caused by transfering newsbits in the early stages when RPGWatch was being designed. These 'Funny' characters had to be fixed by hand. Guess we missed a couple.... could be we missed a few other posts as well, but it's too much work to search the database for it. So if anyone spots them let me know.

Thanks for spotting these.

I noticed when I used the "grab" option in the G3 wiki for a few of the tweak posts to print them, I ended up with all the editing text and posting scripts as well. Is that a have to for the wiki or can that be fixed?

What do you mean with "grab"?

Oh..... That looks like a useless functionality indeed :)
Have to look into it.

Again, I'd like to request more specific information on the Genre each game is posted as.

The term RPG means a lot of things these days.

For example, Silverfall. I have no idea what kind of game this is. Is it an Action RPG or a Traditional one. Will it be Consolish or Japanese style with the focus on Cutscenes. Is it a hybrid? Is it First Person?

I would suggest at least three categories for RPG Genres: RPG, Action RPG, Console RPG.

With this sites prime focus on RPG's we cover everything under the gambit and a lot of different types of games call themselves RPG's as we all know.

thanks

@Lucky Day - This sounds pretty reasonably in my opinion but I wonder if it can be really implemented. The problem with this is that the news poster would have to know what type of game he is actually writing about and this may be unknown for fairly large part of all the games we are writing about. Most of them are actually not yet released...

Danicek. I can't argue with that, however the news post or database entry could simply say RPG if they don't know until someone who does know better is able to update it. Most of the developers seem to be making a point up front of saying their games are Action RPG's when they are in order to ward off the perceived RPG stigma to investors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom