Hades - Jim Sterling: My GotY

Soooo based on the amount of swearing in this review about how good the game is I bloody well should be playing it. Its in my library; better get started this week end.
:D

Jim Sterling's taste is almost completely opposite of mine.
So I'm gonna skip this.

It's a good roguelike, but game of the year seems overly generous. Unlike last year, there is some good competition this year.

It's an excellent game, but I agree there's plenty of good candidates still coming up.

If I were to compare the game specifically to other action based roguelikes I suspect it would be game of the year. The level of quality is definitely something you don't normally see in that genre, both in terms of gameplay and in terms of general polish/world building/story.

If I were to compare it to every game released this year in every genre, I probably wouldn't consider it GOTY, but that's incredibly subjective depending on what type of game you prefer.

It has won the Critic's Choice and Best Indie Game awards at the Golden Joysticks awards 2020. That must count for something :)

Not the Best Audio, Best Visual Design or Best Storytelling though, which go to The Last of Us 2, I have to admit the gameplay videos I've watched were impressive, but it's only for Playstation so..

Back
Top Bottom