ATOM RPG: Trudograd - Hands On @ TBL - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » ATOM RPG: Trudograd - Hands On @ TBL

Default ATOM RPG: Trudograd - Hands On @ TBL

January 18th, 2021, 18:39
The Turn Based Lovers checked out ATOM RPG: Trudograd:

ATOM RPG: Trudograd - Hands On!

In the past years I tried a lot of Fallout flavored indie games. There were so many of them it was almost impossible to distinguish one from another. Some of them were just a waste of time, while some others were, at best, a momentary lapse of "nostalgic pleasure".
In no order of importance I can remember Krai Mira, Skyshine's BEDLAM, Fallen: A2P Protocol and many more. Needless to say that none of them was able to represent a real alternative to the original Fallout.

Many times I wondered about the reason of this strange phenomenon. I mean, if between 2015 and 2019 so many developers tried to create a Fallout clone, there had to be a cause.
Now, I know that many of you may disagree with me, but I think that the "culprit" of this damned trend was Bethesda with its Fallout 4. I mean, after the release of that game (back in 2015), there were so many people disappointed by that sort of "sci-fi Skyrim", that probably many indie developers felt compelled to fill that gap.
Mind you, I'm not saying that Fallout 4 was a bad or even an ugly game, but, at least for me, it failed to deliver what many fans of the original game asked for years. Maybe this is the reason why we're still looking for a real heir of Fallout 2…

[…]
More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)

January 18th, 2021, 21:15
I can only agree with this article.
I really love Atom-RPG. The setting, the dialogs, the am
biance… it’s all great. Probably the most « realistic » post nuclear-war rpg. No cyber-punk-cowboys a la Wasteland, or Powersuit pip-boy wearing vault dwellers, as in Fallout.

I’m really looking forwards playing Trudograd but I agree, combat could be much better. It seriously needs some balancing: automatic weapons are way too powerful, for example. Adding the concept of “covers” and to be able to control your companions, as suggested in the article, would be truly wonderful.

vanedor

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
+1:

January 18th, 2021, 21:57
Originally Posted by vanedor View Post
I can only agree with this article.
I really love Atom-RPG. The setting, the dialogs, the am
biance… it’s all great. Probably the most « realistic » post nuclear-war rpg. No cyber-punk-cowboys a la Wasteland, or Powersuit pip-boy wearing vault dwellers, as in Fallout.
Hold on one minute ATOM RPG: Trudograd has Russian Power Armor. Still I agree.

--
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 108 Post(s)

January 18th, 2021, 22:59
Ahh!

While I own the game, I have resisted playing Trudograd so far. I'm waiting for the game to leave EA.

vanedor

Keeper of the Watch

January 19th, 2021, 05:14
Is Trudograd an add-in or a separate game?

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)

January 19th, 2021, 05:28
It's an expansion that was turned into a separate game.

Takes place after ATOM RPG. If I say more it will be spoilers.
--
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 108 Post(s)

January 19th, 2021, 17:11
And both games are pretty cheap, which is a nice bonus.

vanedor

Keeper of the Watch

January 19th, 2021, 17:50
I really enjoyed the first 30 hours of ATOM. Since that's par for me, I'd say @JDR13 would like it too, but on hardcore since you like tougher combat. I played it on pacifier mode I think ;D
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut
aka survivalnut

crpgnut

Survival Game Nut
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)

January 19th, 2021, 18:12
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
I really enjoyed the first 30 hours of ATOM. Since that's par for me, I'd say @JDR13 would like it too, but on hardcore since you like tougher combat. I played it on pacifier mode I think ;D
I completed the game on the regular difficulty level. The combats at the beginning are very difficult, unforgiving. I remember having to reload at least a dozen time just to win a fight against a single NPC with a AK-47. But after a couple of levels, and getting your first companion, things are getting easier and by the end of the game, it even got a little too easy.

vanedor

Keeper of the Watch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » ATOM RPG: Trudograd - Hands On @ TBL