Knights of the Chalice II - Version 1.11 - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Knights of the Chalice II - Version 1.11

Default Knights of the Chalice II - Version 1.11

March 2nd, 2021, 17:55
Originally Posted by Capt. Huggy Face View Post
I don't think I've read him even mention Steam yet, outside of the first game already being available there for you sprite purists. I believe he has already passed a self-imposed deadline to get it up on GOG. I hope this stuff comes next after the sprites, as I'd like to read a little story about Pierre skipping the roots for at least one night to go out for a steak.
He mentions it quite often, like in the news above :

I'll hire someone to create additional sprites after the game is on Steam.
Continue working on the Steam page for KotC 2 and start working on the Steam version of KotC 2.

vanedor

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

March 2nd, 2021, 18:03
Sure hope he starts making some money soon. The game deserves it. His TBD listing on GOG has been up there for some time now. No placeholders on Steam yet.

Capt. Huggy Face

Aging Gamer
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
+1:

March 2nd, 2021, 18:36
The first Knights game should be bringing in some revenue for him, I should think. It's seriously one of the best games to play out of the past twenty years.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)

March 2nd, 2021, 19:56
The first missed greatness for me in its short list of four playable classes. Enter the sequel, with its very long list. As you can probably tell, I'm totally rooting, so to speak, for the guy.

Capt. Huggy Face

Aging Gamer
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
+1:

March 2nd, 2021, 21:49
This is amazing! I still have to finish Knights of the Chalice I, but I'm so close to the end and I killed all the mighty dragons (just like in Wizards & Warriors), that I lost interest. But since I bought the game from his website, directly supporting him - no Steam fee deduction from the price, etc.. - I'll finish it!

I don't care that the screens in his update look off with the world and sprites being at odd camera angles. I want a full, well patched KOTC-2. Then its time to pay him full price again on his website!
He deserves a medal for game development! I think we should declare him Game Developer Saint? Lots of great thinkers foraged for edible moss & plants 'n stuff, like my favorite man, Heraclitus.

Last year I foraged wild gage plum and gathered tree-nuts in the countryside, because they are free and twice a month I'm eating moldy food as I don't want to throw out the last portions. (I cook once and eat all week at least) Haven't got any sickness from it. Doc sez you might get a slight diar. but that's all.
--
SSI Gold Box-style game, we are working on.

mercy

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)

March 3rd, 2021, 17:19
As you can probably tell, I'm totally rooting, so to speak, for the guy.
Damn. Bravo.

It took 5 years for Pierre to come around to Steam, so I hope it works out for him.
--
--| sometimes game writer |--

screeg

floating head

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

March 3rd, 2021, 21:49
Yeah I think I'd gifted five copies of his game to mates back when I lived in Canada. Perhaps not as easy to purchase as, say, if Knights had initially been on GoG or steam, but totally worth it. It's the closest I've seen to a gold box successor at all. Even if the new one doesn't live up to what I'm hoping for, the first one is pure platinum.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)

March 4th, 2021, 01:48
I'll wait for the (real) Steam release.

--
My mother said that dreams aren't real. But nightmares are.

FurtiveNyctophile

Watchdog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

March 4th, 2021, 03:07
Steam was part of the kickstarter…
--
If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

March 4th, 2021, 03:20
The first missed greatness for me in its short list of four playable classes. Enter the sequel, with its very long list. As you can probably tell, I'm totally rooting, so to speak, for the guy.
KotC 1 only had three actually: Fighter, Wizard, Cleric. That was the big turn-off for me. Until now, I wasn't interested in KotC II either because of the lack of animated sprites. With this update, I'm definitely looking forward to trying it.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Knights of the Chalice II - Version 1.11