Nomads of the Fallen Star - Released

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Nomads of the Fallen Star has released on Steam with a 10% launch discount.

Release day! A foreword from the solo-developer.

31 Jan @ 3:30pm - Halfgeek
G'day to my fellow gamers,

Like many of you, I have probably spent way too much time gaming when I was younger instead of focusing on my study. Fortunately, I somehow managed to graduate university, and got a career as a research scientist[halfgeek.blog].

However, years later, I kept on hearing that voice in my mind, a reminder of missed opportunities to chase my younger self's dream of being a game developer. I didn't want to reach middle-age as a miserable old man...

So I did it, I didn't know anything about coding, but I quit my career in research to chase that elusive dream. I started with tiny games to learn to code and progressed further as I learnt more.

A few years later and a few games wiser, today, my biggest project which has occupied nearly the last 3 years of my life is releasing on Steam.

If I could describe what Nomads of the Fallen Star is briefly, it is an intelligent economic simulation that creates emergent gameplay opportunities for the player.

Your decisions matter. It will affect the gameworld, as factions wage war to conquer territory, as the colonists and merchants roam & work the wasteland to survive... you will be there among them, how central a role you want to play is up to you.

The story (main and side) is personal. It's themes are duty and personal responsibility and I hope many of you manage to reach the end. I look forward to hearing your thoughts and feedback, as well as any bug reports (hopefully not too many!) you may find in your play.

I hope the game will be well received, if it manages to sell I can continue this gamedev journey towards greater games in the future. If it bombs, let it be an example, for anything worthwhile in life is hard.

Regards,

Huy

ps. If you're a content creator or curator on Steam and interested in reviewing this title, feel free to contact me on twitter (@AH_Phan) or email.
More information.

Just bought it and started the first run ever. For now i can say i like the art

I'm attracted by the premise, the only thing that throws me off is the chessboard field. I'll be keeping an eye on this one and seeing what others think of it before purchasing it myself.

Just bought it and started the first run ever. For now i can say i like the art

Please post some impressions once you've got a couple off hours in. Like @Carnifex; I certainly like the premise of this game, but I'm not a fan of the way combat looks. If it's solid I can certainly look past that though.

Please post some impressions once you've got a couple off hours in. Like @Carnifex; I certainly like the premise of this game, but I'm not a fan of the way combat looks. If it's solid I can certainly look past that though.

i have to put more time until my belt to give some decent feedback. I just can say i suggested a global map pause - to have the time to read everything on the map - and the day after it was implemented.

edit : i'm at 15ish hours so far so good, if you want and extended review - for this limited playing time - you can check my steam review.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom