Eternity - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The action RPG Eternity: The Last Unicorn is now available:

Eternity - The Last Unicorn

Eternity - The Last Unicorn is a fully featured action RPG inspired by tales from Norse Mythology with classic game mechanics that bring a nostalgic feeling to players.

Aurehen is a young, pureblood Elf on a quest to free the last Unicorn. This creature has been captured and cursed by witches. Travel through mesmerizing locations, meet fantasy characters and fight to protect Elven immortality. Pursue Eternity!

Key Features

• Acquire new skills and abilities as you progress through the game.
  • A fixed-camera system that used to be commonly present in old-school games..
  • Level up your weapons and acquire new skills.
  • Discover and use new and more powerful items as you progress through the game.
  • Two playable characters: The young elf, Aurehen, and the Viking, Bior - each with a unique backstory and character abilities.
  • Over 12 hours of gameplay.
  • A soundtrack that captures the Nordic and fantastical themes of the wor
More information.

Last edited:
Is it just me or this isn't RPG but classic consoley nostory action game?

@HiddenX;, please can you fix the URL you posted in the news?

Danke!

Is it just me or this isn't RPG but classic consoley nostory action game?

Excuse me, it clearly uses the words "level up" and "playable character".
By all definitions today this makes it 100% RPG.
/s

* Contains 10% of the gameplay found in real RPGs!!

I played this at Gamescom and wrote something about it. The summary of it is that I found the fixed camera to not be optimal, especially in combat. You cannot freely walk around. The combat was easy for me as the tactics of the opponents thrown at me were so obvious. I usually suck at combat oriented games (which this game is) so that might be telling something, but perhaps they had a journalist special version which was dumbed down.
You can only save at specific points in the game. Leveling up is automated. The puzzles were easy. It has timed events and crafting looked to be very basic.

As it is a combat oriented game, I hope for people who enjoy these types of games, that the combat has been made challenging enough.

Less than ten hours in length is truly disappointing to hear. I like hearing how there seems to be a big focus on the actual combat, but a game that short in length isn't something I'm likely to pick up.

Played it for about 6 hours. 1 hour was just trying to beat one of the several badly designed bosses. The fixed camera angle is terrible, combat is too simplistic with unpredictable hitboxes, animations are very basic, so is the character progression. The only interesting aspects are the two playable characters and the music. Might send in a full review later.

BREAKING NEWS:
It is with the saddest regret and grieving hearts that we must announce the death of poor Last Unicorn, who just had a fierce pulmonary embolism last week and managed to survive for 42 minutes on the operating table! She lived 222 years! Viewing and service will be held on Sunday at the Morgue, where all present will happily roast the legendary beast and everybody can have a plate of its tasteful meat! Seconds are served!

Less than ten hours in length is truly disappointing to hear.
I've breezed through steam forums, a dev said the aim was 12 hours.

hmm too generic , too simplistic, too short , too ... not rpg?

It's a game by a brazilian developer. And as a fellow countryman, I urge you guys to please don't play this. I did it and refunded as soon as I was to hit the 2 hours mark.

If you want a "throwback to the 90s" bya brazilian developer, go play Thorne or a game by Behold Studios(the first Knights of Pen and Paper, Chrome Squad, Galaxy of Pen and Paper).

Back
Top Bottom