Baldur's Gate 3 - Community Update #1

Bingo never said anything negative just voiced a few concerns.

Here they are for reference.

1. Not fond of there Humor Style
2. Not fond of constant Environmental Explosions

Now having said that I will wait for more footage and details.
Cyberpunk 2077 sorry it has me more hyped.

Fair enough.
I probably am in the minority on this one. It is just that I have never really been a fan of the cyberpunk setting. But the graphics, scale and vision of 2077 do look pretty incredible!

Neither for me - not hyped about anything at the moment but looking forward to Realms Beyond.

I think Cyberpunk have potential to be great but I'm not interested in cyperpunky game.

If someone is going to make a poll on that, please include "neither" option :p

lol, understood! :lol: (and I agree that Realms Beyond looks very promising)

Fair enough.
I probably am in the minority on this one. It is just that I have never really been a fan of the cyberpunk setting. But the graphics, scale and vision of 2077 do look pretty incredible!
If it wasn't for the Witcher games I probably wouldn't be so hyped for CyberPunk 2077.
lol, understood! :lol: (and I agree that Realms Beyond looks very promising)
It does reminds me of the older classic RPGs with party creation.

I would love to see a game that takes place somewhere else on Faerun. In fact, that's one of the main reasons I'm not as excited over this announcement as some. Every modern crpg set in the Forgotten Realms has been on the Sword Coast - Icewind Dale.
I'd really like to see a game taking place in Calimshan/Calimport.

Bingo never said anything negative just voiced a few concerns.

Here they are for reference.

1. Not fond of there Humor Style
2. Not fond of constant Environmental Explosions.

You're obviously just a hater. After all, the older games weren't really that good. You're just looking back at them with an exaggerated positive memory. ;)

You're obviously just a hater. After all, the older games weren't really that good. You're just looking back at them with an exaggerated positive memory. ;)
Yep. :biggrin:

Though I actually liked Divinity 2 as I said many times already.

Divinity_2_cover.jpg

Wish they would make another one.

I meant the BG series, but yeah, I liked Divinity II quite a bit myself and wish they'd do a sequel.

Big money is calling though…

I've mentioned before that the Baldur's Gate series is a sacred cow to some people here. It's not to me and I'd love to see another D&D game. Its good marketing.

Personally, I found the IWD games better even though I haven't been a fan of linear games. I loved BG2 but both BG games suffered from distractions that caused a lack of focus for the player.

Games have changed quite a bit and Beamdog, I think, has proved that another IE game is not going to cut it. Given Larian's successful track record, I think its in good hands and hopefully I won't have to play through a bunch of dark, gritty and other questionable themes that have been so prevalent in other studios including Bioware.

I don't think there's anyone here who doesn't love to see another D&D game. I also don't see anyone asking for another IE game. PoE I&II were close enough to that already, plus we had SoD.

It would have been nice though to finally get something that's not set in the exact same region that every. single. Forgotten Realms game has been set in already. Is the Sword Coast the only place WotC is allowing people to make games about or something?

It would have been nice though to finally get something that's not set in the exact same region that every. single. Forgotten Realms game has been set in already. Is the Sword Coast the only place WotC is allowing people to make games about or something?

It's a region WotC has been focusing on extensively for the past 10 years in all their products. Most of the other regions only got a small column in Sword Coast Adventure Guide (closest thing to campaign setting book Forgotten Realms got in 5e, yep you can guess what got the focus).

As for the games, it's actually not that bad. Or at least it was not in 2000s.

BG 2 was the only game set in Amn and Tethyr. Shadows of Undrentide was set in Silver Marches and Anauroch. Mask of the Betrayer was in Rashemen. Storm of Zehir was partly in Samarach. Mysteries of Westgate in Dragon Coast. DDO got adventures in Cormyr. It's mostly expansions that wandered away from the Sword Coast, but it was something at least.

I think it's safe to assume games won't go where the tabletop doesn't go. They are treated as accompanying products.

Yeah, I don't get why WotC doesn't branch out more. I understand the Sword Coast is popular, but it's not as if people wouldn't be interested in other regions of Faerun. When you look at a map of the continent, there are so many other areas that have barely been touched on.

I can't help but to think it's laziness on the part of WotC. They don't care as long as they're making money.

Im glad to see some of this discussion, there may be times of disagreement, but it breaks down what people really want. At least no one is arguing about turn based vs pause combat..

From some of the comments Swen has made, I have a feeling it might be neither of those. At least not in the way that we're used to.

I do think most old school rpg players are hyped about this game. It is ok if there are a few who aren't. They don't have to buy the game. Just as long as they are not complaining in every thread that previews this game, lol, that would get pretty annoying.

I'm sensitive to this, so on games I don't like or only have negative things to say, I will "choose my spots" and stay out of most threads that talk about the games. I will only occasionally chime in with my negative opinion, but will usually just remain silent, because I do think its kinda rude and being a "party pooper" to always infect threads with negativity about certain games. My 2 cents on that topic.

But another thing, we don't know hardly anything about the game yet either. Is it going to be real time or turn-based, and will it be top down isometric like perspective, or what, and other important things. So I guess I am a little baffled at some of the negativity so far. "It messes up the story and legacy!" is in my opinion, a pretty weak complaint, but that's me.

One of the best said things in ages around this place. I get some people don't like certain games but there are some folks who like to rain on every ones parade in every single thread all the time. Its annoying and rude.

As for BG3 I am psyched although I hope its real time myself but will probably adapt if it isn't.

From some of the comments Swen has made, I have a feeling it might be neither of those. At least not in the way that we're used to.
I wonder if they're trying to do some sort of compromise. Not completely abandoning the RTwP style of BG1/2 but at the same time, placating turn-based fans since that is Larian's core fanbase, plus a more in-vogue combat style for this kind of RPG in 2019 anyway. Could explain why they don't want to say anything until they have it working perfectly too, if the whole goal of it is placating everyone.

If that's what's going on, most likely result is that everyone hates it. :lol:

I wonder if they're trying to do some sort of compromise. Not completely abandoning the RTwP style of BG1/2 but at the same time, placating turn-based fans since that is Larian's core fanbase, plus a more in-vogue combat style for this kind of RPG in 2019 anyway.

In-vogue scares me. :)

I'd rather they just made a choice between RTwP or turn-based and stuck with it rather than experimenting with some kind of hybrid system. The idea scenario would be to include both like Obsidian did with PoE II, even if we had to wait for the second mode to be patched in later.

I agree they should stick with one system and implement it in the best way possible. Which should be turn-based! :biggrin:

But if they are trying to do a Obsidian-like "you choose your fave" combat system, hopefully it is built on turn-based as the core, and then with real time with pause built on top of that as the alternative way to play. And not the other way around!

I don't think there's anyone here who doesn't love to see another D&D game. I also don't see anyone asking for another IE game. PoE I&II were close enough to that already, plus we had SoD.

The recent game closest to IE games is Pathfinder: Kingmaker (imo).

I for one would love to see D&D games set in older universes like Krynn. Wouldn't mind seeing remakes of Gold Box games as well.

Back
Top Bottom