Might and Magic X Legacy + DLC

I've been getting some strange artifacting on 'shadowy' mobs; newer Nvidia drivers don't like whatever it is the developers did to render these models.

I ran into that too. Turning off HDR fixed it for me.

Thanks all for the suggestions I will play this soon but currently hooked into another turn based game Trials of Cold Steel!

Welp, done! Although this was my second playthrough, it was my first time through the Falcon & the Unicorn DLC… and I have to say that the first half of the expansion was unnecessarily tedious and annoying.

Overall, the game as a whole (still) suffers from bad pacing in its latter half, bugged abilities, uneven item balance & progression, and a sluggish engine. And yet, despite all this, the gameplay remains as addictive and fun as ever. It is such a shame that there are no current plans for another installment.

uH6YX9x.jpg

I'm thinking 38 might be possible; I didn't use a scholar from approximately 55k xp onwards (my characters finished at 133k (138k being lvl 38). It's completely unnecessary though… which is why I decided to ditch the scholar once the bulk of the character building was done.

Going to make some notes now for when I search for this thread in a couple years :p
  • Maces and 1-handed axes suck. Way too sparse in the first half of the game. 2H mace inferior to axe both in damage and crit damage. Mace stun can bypass mind-effect immunities though.
  • Swords and spears most common.
  • Freemage is paractically worthless unless building a dual-wielding party around Agony. Just use Spike for secrets.
  • Multiple expert water mages could be fun for stacked attack penalties.
  • Druid Nurture is super-duper for supplanting your Light healer and allowing you to cast offensive spells more often.

Back
Top Bottom