• Total voters
Latest Shadows: Awakening Reviews

Gaming Trend 85/100
COGconnected 72/100
MMORPG.com 6.2/10
Gaming LYF 3.5/5

GWENT: The Witcher Card Game Homecoming Reveal Video

Beamdog announced a new voice and portrait pack
Waffle Crew cast members of the D&D Livestream Dice, Camera, Action! are recording voice-over packs for the Beamdog Enhanced Edition Family of games. Waffle Crew portrait and voice-over packs will be available as DLC in the following games on Steam, Beamdog, GOG, Google Play, and App Store:

Last edited:
Will hijack this thread for some other news (already sent to a news editor) ^^

Silverlemurgames showed some early video footage of their game Legends of Amberland:

More info at: http://www.silverlemurgames.com/category/legends-of-amberland/

It was inspired by Dungeon Master, Eye of The Beholder 2, Might & Magic 3-5, Crystals of Arborea (a not so well known prequel to Ishar series), GoldBox series (Champions of Krynn, Dark Queen of Krynn, etc).

Core design choices:
1) Classic, 90 degree rotation, FPP, turn-based, tile movement RPG.
2) Party-based (7 party members assembled upon start).
3) Open world with a big overworld to explore.
4) Fast paced combat. Quick travel. Easy inventory management. No grind.
5) Light, fairy tale like fantasy, epic story about heroes on a noble quest.

Mechanics:
Mechanically it’s 100% turn based (so you can go and make tea in the middle of a fight) with grid movement and 90 degree rotation.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 - PAX 2018: Behind the scenes Video

If you've ever wanted to see what PAX West is all about, this video will show you all the excitement! See our booth setup, the merch store and meet our amazing volunteers.
Grim Dawn Grim Misadventure #146
Today, we’re going to take a closer look at some of the incredible item art coming your way with the expansion, which not so coincidentally was the centerpiece of the Oathkeeper class art.
IGN’s Criticism Of Dragon Quest XI’s Sexiness Nets Them Scorn From Fans

When gamers go into a review they’re looking for information and detailed and thorough depictions of the gameplay, the mechanics, and the story. When gamers happened upon IGN’s review of Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age, they were met with criticisms about sexism and sexiness.
Gataela a new RPG for Gamers who Love to Debate

A Victorian Steampunk RPG where saving the Kingdom requires more than just brains and brawn: you also need to talk to people! Featuring a debate battle system, talk, debate, convince and negotiate with NPCs in order to save the country!
Pillars of Eternity II PAX West Twitch Panel
As you may have noticed by now, many of Obsidian's senior developers left the Pillars of Eternity II team after the base game was released, leaving the game's three DLC expansions to be developed by a small team of mostly junior employees. The newbies seem to have done a decent enough job on the Beast of Winter expansion, and perhaps as a reward they were given the opportunity to deliver a panel about it at PAX West yesterday. The panel is mostly about the creation of Vatnir, the expansion's grotesque sidekick, from his background and personality to his visual design and modelling to his racial and class abilities. It's a fun watch, but the real reason I'm posting this is because at the very end, Mikey Dowling unveils the teaser trailer for the upcoming Seeker, Slayer, Survivor expansion. Obsidian haven't published the trailer on their YouTube channel yet, but you can see it at 55:06.

When gamers happened upon IGN’s review of Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age, they were met with criticisms about sexism and sexiness.
I bought the game because of two things - abnormally ugly characters and puff puff. No I don't know what puff puff in this game actually is, but my dirty mind can think of plenty possibilities, each more kinky fun than another.

IGN and their "teach kids morality" idiocy can rot for all I care. The game has age check so there. Don't like fiction and fantasy? Move to India where Dragon Age Inquisition is banned because of fantasy sex with a horned creature while gang rape happens on the street every now and then.

I don't like videoreviews, but there is a good thing when it comes to youtube ones. One can downvote the trash. And I just did it.

The New World - Changing the Name
We picked the name (The New World) a few months before the first reports about Amazon's MMO hit the net, meaning we didn't know about Amazon's New World back then. Yes, we should have double-checked again before launching the site, but we didn't. Back then it wasn't clear if the MMO is still in development as there were rumors of cancellations, so we decided to wait and see what transpires. Well, as of last week it's clear that Amazon's New World is alive and kicking, which means we have to change the name.

I really liked The New World as it fits the game perfectly and while Amazon hasn't contacted us about the name, their pre- and post-release media campaign would drown us. Fortunately, we haven't done any real marketing yet, so changing the name is relatively easy at this point. All we need is a fitting name, which is where you come in.
Pathfinder: Kingmaker “Tavern Party” Trailer

On the closing day of PAX West, Owlcat Games and Deep Silver would like to say thank you to all the fans and take this opportunity to share the latest trailer “Tavern Party” for Pathfinder: Kingmaker the critically acclaimed and highly anticipated cRPG! Join our intrepid adventurers as they kick-back a little and discuss their next exciting risk filled quest!

5 Times Divinity: Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition Broke our Hearts

We had a look at the definitive edition of Divinity: Original Sin 2 and discovered that, while it's a stunning game, it's also incredibly heartbreaking. Suffer with us as Bendix lists 5 things that really got to her.
Anthem PAX West 2018 Full Panel

This is the full recording of BioWare's Anthem Panel at PAX West 2018 entitled "Our World, Your Story".

I don't know if what I've got in my e-mail folder today is simply spam or trolling or a hidden Trojan … But that question simply baffled me :

"Ist die hier angebotene Switch Version 100% Uncut?"

Translation :

"Is this Switch version offered here 100 % uncut ?"

Something called "Amazon Answers" had sent me that,
perhaps because I had ordered POEII at Amazon.

This is the full recording of BioWare's Anthem Panel at PAX West 2018 entitled "Our World, Your Story".
Translated: our milkingmachine, your tits.

I don't know if what I've got in my e-mail folder today is simply spam or trolling or a hidden Trojan … But that question simply baffled me :

Translation :

"Is this Switch version offered here 100 % uncut ?"

Something called "Amazon Answers" had sent me that,
perhaps because I had ordered POEII at Amazon.

People can go on Amazon and ask a question about a product, then it emails the question to people who bought it, to see if they'd like to answer it. It's essentially using customers as free Customer Inquiries for other customers. Quite annoying.

Realms Beyond - GamesCom 2018 Video

Fallout 76 – Vault-Tec Presents: Atomics for Peace! Nukes Video

MONSTER HUNTER: WORLD Title Update: Deviljho
This first free update will be released on September 6th, 2018 at 00:00 (UTC).

Major Additions:
  • Added a new monster: Deviljho! (Includes new Deviljho weapons, and the Vangis α and β armor sets.)
    Note: Deviljho will invade 6★ quests, 7★ quests, and high rank expeditions once you have completed the investigation for the "??? Rathian" in the main story. After completing certain conditions, you will unlock the Deviljho special assignment.
  • Added a new specialized tool: Dragonproof Mantle.
  • Added a new costume for The Handler: Astera 3 Star Chef Coat (Downloadable Content).

People can go on Amazon and ask a question about a product, then it emails the question to people who bought it, to see if they'd like to answer it. It's essentially using customers as free Customer Inquiries for other customers. Quite annoying.

Yes, but that's not what baffled me.

What struck me was the question which immedeately arose in my head :

"What the BEEP should get cut in a Switch version of POE II ???"

Fallout 76 – Vault-Tec Presents: Atomics for Peace! Nukes Video

The best things about Fallout 76 are the cartoons. I watch them all as soon as I can, since it is likely I won't emerge :)

EDIT: Post # 1,600. I'm still ahead of Darth. For the next 24 hrs, maybe :p

Beamdog PAX West Panel and Livestream Recap
During a special announcement panel at PAX West on September, 1 Beamdog CEO Trent Oster, Art Director Alyssa Duguay, Community Manager Sarah Dawson and Wizards of the Coast, Senior Producer, Digital Licensing John Feil talked about the history of Beamdog and Neverwinter Nights, and showed footage of NWN:EE on mobile. Special guests Holly Conrad and Jared Knabenbauer announced the Dice, Camera, Action! Portrait & Voice pack DLC for the Beamdog Enhanced Edition Family of games.
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Community Questions
With Gamescom behind us and everyone back in work after taking some much needed time off to recover, we have had the chance to sit down and work our way through the major talking points to come out of this year’s expo. For some of the topics, we plan to expand upon them and explain them in greater detail at a later date in their own dedicated blogs, but for now, we want to clarify some of the things that were said in the interviews that took place during the event.
Final Fantasy XV Sales Exceed 8.1 Million Units Worldwide
Square Enix has announced a new sales milestone for Final Fantasy XV today confirming the latest sales figure for the game. Final Fantasy XV has continued to generate interest and steady legs despite launching back on November 29, 2016. The game opened to 5 million copies shipped in day one and has now surpassed 8 million units after the launch of the PC version early in March.

Nice to see a return to form for posting news 'Potato. Looks good! And congrats to Square Enix. They deserve it with the amount of polish and overall quality of FFXV.

Immortal: Unchained was released on Steam.

Unleashed and unforgiving. Can you rise to the challenge? Immortal: Unchained is the latest addition to the genre of ultra-hardcore action RPGs. Take the role of a living weapon, unleashed to stop the source of a cataclysmic event threatening to end all worlds.
Fallout 76: beta, release date, perks and everything we know
Fallout 76 is a multiplayer survival game, and it has a release date, a beta launch window—and it's not launching on Steam. This will be the largest 3D Fallout game ever, and among other things, it'll let you nuke other players with your pals. Here's everything we know so far about Fallout 76 based on interviews, videos, and QuakeCon 2018's presentation.
Permadeath and D&D
With a cast of professional actors flitting in and out of character during lengthy D&D livestreams, Critical Role is prone to ambiguity. Viewers can't always distinguish between in-character emotions and real ones, which in one case led some fans to believe that two players were actually arguing over a magic bowl (they weren't). But when player Taliesin Jaffe excused himself from the room during a recent episode, that ambiguity fled from the table for the first time in the campaign. There was no roleplaying for him to do, because his character was dead.
How Sega brought Shenmue back to life on PC
D3T is the UK studio behind the recent re-release of Shemue I & II on PC. It's a quality port, and the games hold up surprisingly well at high resolutions. But how do you go about getting a 20-year-old console game to run on modern hardware? I asked tech director Noel Austin about the process.
Sega Confirms Valkyria Chronicles 4 DLC Schedule
Sega has revealed its DLC plans for strategy RPG Valkyria Chronicles 4 ahead of the game’s release later this month. The content — details in the table below — features a couple of free pieces in addition to its paid for content, with two pieces included in the game’s Memoirs from Battle Edition.

DRAGON QUEST XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age PC Performance Analysis
DRAGON QUEST XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age is a new turn-based JRPG that will undoubtedly please fans of this particular genre. The game is powered by Unreal Engine 4 and its lovely characters have been designed by Akira Toriyama so it’s time to benchmark it and see how it performs on the PC platform.
Latest version of ALOT mod for Mass Effect 3 adds/improves textures
Yesterday, we informed you about a new version of the ALOT (A Lot Of Textures) mod for Mass Effect 2 that added/improved 100 textures. And today, we are happy to report that the team has released a new version of this mod for Mass Effect 3.
The Influence of Dark Souls on Metroidvanias
Death’s Gambit is, another souls-like metroidvania to hit the steam store. With the release of so many games bearing the tag souls-like, it’s time to take a look at what that means for indie gaming.
How BioWare's Live Service Action Game Will Evolve to Meet Player Demand
At PAX West in Seattle last weekend, BioWare revealed more about the single-player portion of its upcoming live-service, action game Anthem. After the panel I had a chance to sit down with Anthem executive producer Mark Darrah and lead producer Mike Gamble to ask some burning questions that have been building since Anthem was revealed back in E3 2017
7 Cyberpunk 2020 Easter Eggs Hidden in CDPR's Gameplay Reveal
"CD Projekt Red has found all sorts of inventive ways to pay homage to the original tabletop RPG, Cyberpunk 2020 —some of which were on full display in the gameplay reveal last week."
MMORPGs for Single Player Gamer
Lately a number of studios have been jumping on the bandwagon, adding online games to their repertoire. This has been met with quite a bit of backlash. To some fans, it seems like an indication that developers are abandoning single player games, and the dedicated fans who play them, to pander to the competitive online gaming community. That is only a matter of opinion, but it doesn’t change the fact that online multiplayer has worked its way into the territory typically reserved for single player experience.
Shenmue 1 and II Patch Delayed
Shenmue fans! Unfortunately the patch we planned on releasing this week isn't ready yet and will instead be released on week commencing September 17th. We apologize for the delay but want to ensure you get the best game experience possible. We'll have more updates soon!

MMORPGs for Single Player Gamer

Lately a number of studios have been jumping on the bandwagon, adding online games to their repertoire. This has been met with quite a bit of backlash. To some fans, it seems like an indication that developers are abandoning single player games, and the dedicated fans who play them, to pander to the competitive online gaming community. That is only a matter of opinion, but it doesn’t change the fact that online multiplayer has worked its way into the territory typically reserved for single player experience.

Well, "always on" (more or less) is in fact THE BESTEST DRM the industry can only think of ... And in these times, it's about maximizing profits, not maximizing player's fun.

How CD Projekt Red aims to improve side quests in Cyberpunk
When it comes to designing side quests, CD Projekt Red has a lot to live up to thanks to expectations set by The Witcher 3. In an interview with Metro, quest director on Cyberpunk 2077 Patrick Mills discusses the process of designing encounters for an open world environment.
Devs recount the making of Golden Axe, a crunch-ridden $15M flop
Back in 2008 Sega and the now-defunct game studio Secret Level released Golden Axe: Beast Rider, an attempt to revive the Golden Axe franchise (in 3D!) that earned a lukewarm reception from both critics and customers.

Now, nearly a decade later, the folks at Variety have published an interesting feature about the game's ~$15 million development which includes a lot of eye-opening input from some of the original dev team.
Garden Paws: A New Multiplayer RPG Now on Kickstarter
Garden Paws is a multiplayer RPG stimulation game that has the player building up a farm that they have inherited from their grandparents. In addition to a farm, the player is also in charge of managing a shop, which they require the help of a local construction shop to get up and running. The game allows the player to build up their very own town with the assistance of Mayor Wilson, and it does this through a whole slew of activities. The main point of the activities is to collect coins in order to build up the town and ensure that it prospers.
I Learned a Lot More About Pathfinder: Kingmaker at PAX West
Pathfinder: Kingmaker is just a few short weeks from release on the 25th, and I had the opportunity to get a comprehensive look at the game at PAX West. For those unaware, Pathfinder: Kingmaker is the first isometric RPG to bring the Pathfinder pen and paper RPG into a video game. It’s inspired by Baldur’s Gate and Fallout 1 and 2, and features a story based on the Kingmaker adventure path from Pathfinder.
GREEDFALL - Trailer & Gameplay - New Open World Action RPG 2019

Well, "always on" (more or less) is in fact THE BESTEST DRM the industry can only think of … And in these times, it's about maximizing profits, not maximizing player's fun.

Its not just "always on" DRM but the telemetry they send back about the rig and, especially, the end user's habits

Back
Top Bottom