Pricewatch!

GOG has a nifty sale for the next 7 days that allows you to choose 5 games from this list of 20 and save 80% off their normal prices.

Witcher: Enhanced Edition
Legend of Grimrock
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Alan Wake
Divinity 2: Developer's Cut
Inquisitor
Deponia
Back to the Future: The Game
A New Beginning - Final Cut
Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space
Sam & Max Save the World
Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers
Capsized
Defender's Quest
Puddle
King’s Bounty: Crossworlds GOTY
PID
Runaway 3: A Twist of Fate
Lucius

http://www.gog.com/pick_5

That's a good deal. Too bad I've already got everything on that list that I really want. :(

That's a good deal. Too bad I've already got everything on that list that I really want. :(

Surprisingly, the only games on that list I have on GOG are The Witcher and Inquisitor. Although I have some of the others on disc or Steam. i.e. Grimrock, Divinity II, Alan Wake.

The games I'm looking at are Chronicles of Riddick, Divinity II Developer's Cut, A New Beginning, Capsized, King's Bounty Crossroads GotY, and Lucius. I just need to figure out which one I'm going to eliminate.

@Menigal Yeah, that seems to be my de facto response to all the latest sales. Until newer titles become heavily discounted, I'm backlogged beyond belief.

Actually I don't have some of those. Sam&Max for example - I adore adventures, everyone said they're top notch, but somehow I'm disgusted by the art style. Tiny and Big… Or Lucius… Never heard of those ones before. I could get Alan Wake games to see what was the fuss about (aren't those console ports anyway so the fuss shouldn't exist)?
Hmmm… We'll see…

Personally, I think Alan Wake is highly overrated. The setting and gameplay did nothing for me, and I quit after the first chapter.

I ended up buying the games I mentioned in my previous post with the exception of A New Beginning.

Hey, maybe it isn't, maybe on consoles it's a brilliant game. On PC however it's not strange that it feels overrated when ported.
But anyway, I believe you and will skip it. Them. :)

Did the pick 5 thing. Got Grimrock (finally), Riddick, the two Alan Wake's, and the King's Bounty sequel. Then I go to download Grimrock and… umm… what's Anachronox doing there? I forgot that I bought a game!?!? Well, I guess that happens when they go on sale and cost less than a milkshake.

If I vanish suddenly, it's likely that the me from the early 1980's (when I had to save up for months to buy a game) has found a time machine and killed me out of jealousy.

Ubi weekend on Steam, every day there will be a new offer.

Today it's for strategy lovers: Anno2070
http://store.steampowered.com/app/48240/

I have it, and after having so much fun with the game I've bought all DLC for this game (although I've always suggested buying only mission DLC). It's probably the best Anno game available.
As you'll notice, for 35€ you get everything, the game, all DLC and expansion pack Deep Ocean (it is listed among DLC, but honestly the size of it feels as a classic expansion pack).

More pros? Unlike EA games, there is no "on sale -99%" while in the end it turns out to be -1%. Here "on sale" means that not just the game, but also DLC are on sale. You don't have to pay 100€ or even more to get everything like in case of ME series or Sims 3.

Cons? There is one, but not as annoying as many fear. It's Ubisoft game which means uPlay always-online DRM. But you don't have to be online to play singleplayer maps. Some very handy ingame functions won't work if you're not online, so it's not advisable. Also, the online thing is actually not bad at all, there are daily missions you receive from the server and also worldwide event where your success on event (singleplayer) maps and success from all other Anno players in the end earns rewards for everyone involved.

Far Cry 3 is 40% off now on Steam. 50% off if you get the whole IP. As Joxer mentioned, quite a few games in Ubisoft's catalog are on sale now.

Last edited:
Looks like they finally discounted Kingdoms of Amalur on Steam - for today at least it's $15, and $25 with all the DLC.

Still expensive, I think. You should be able to get it cheaper at retail.

$5 was the price on Origin sale a couple of months ago. But that was applied only on the game itself. DLC never got on sale there, so practically if you bought the complete KoA back then on Origin it was:
$5 - the game
$5 - OP and unnecessary anywhere items DLC
$10 - more grinding DLC
$10 - another more endless respawn mobs DLC

TOTAL: $30

So today's price on Steam, $25, is still a better bargain.
I bought only the game on Origin for $5, didn't buy DLC.

I purchased the complete KoA bundle from Amazon Digital for $12 back in November. That's still the best price I've seen for it, but it was only available to US customers.

Yup, I remember that. But Amazon usually has discriminating offers on a random country or a part of the world so it wasn't a surprise.

Arcania Fall of Serif (Faux Gothic 4b) is down to 3.74. on Steam. Unfortunatley the deal expires in 15 hours. Downloading now - looks like a nice little game prior to BioShock.

Today's Steam offer on Ubisoft sale is AC.

The probably most juicy looking offer is Assassin's Creed Franchise Pack:
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/18713/

For 60€ you get:
Assassin's Creed™: Director's Cut Edition
Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe Edition
Assassin’s Creed® Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed® Revelations
Assassin's Creed® Revelations - Mediterranean Traveler Map Pack
Assassin's Creed® Revelations - The Lost Archive
Assassin's Creed Revelations - The Ancestors Character Pack
Assassin’s Creed® III

Or not? If you spot the small letters it says at the bottom:
57,93€ Price of individual games:
59,99€ Bundle cost:

So buying everything separately gets even cheaper! :D

Now those things are not RPG so I've never bought any. If someone has them, or some of them, please share your thoughts as if those games are fun, I'll buy this pack. Well… Not as pack… Those 2€ saved I'll dump into a beer. Or add AC3 DLC that's also on sale but is not included in the pack.

Back
Top Bottom