Anyone beside me laughing their a off at the diablo announcement

It's just you. My phone is for communicating with my friends and family, maybe an occasional sudoku puzzle when I'm on the crapper. Oh, it's convenient for a quick email and as a portable music player.

Gaming on the level of the announced Diablo game is just not practical on touch screen. There are controllers for phones, but at that point why not get a Switch or something. Get a nice $200 phone and a $300 Switch and you get a much better experience than a $700 - $1000 flagship (talk about ridiculous pricing for the device you'll replace in a year).

This just seems like missing the core audience. Imagine if next year Apple announced new iPhones will run Android.

I own an iPad and dont have to game on a phone. did you hear of the redent iPad pro announcement with usb support?

Same thing. Diablo games are fast paced action games. Porting them as is to touch based platform would make them almost unplayable due to controls. The other option is to simplify the game and make it slower paced. The core audience wants neither, hence the disappointment.

Same thing. Diablo games are fast paced action games. Porting them as is to touch based platform would make them almost unplayable due to controls. The other option is to simplify the game and make it slower paced. The core audience wants neither, hence the disappointment.

Actually given that there's no complexity to combat in diablo it might work just fine. Instead of continually clicking your mouse button and spaming cool downs you simply tap on the monster on the screen and spam cool downs.

All the complexity is in weapon load outs and builds which are just static screens. The actual combat is very easy and simplistic and should port just fine.

Does anyone care about this company or the games they release here?

I haven't played one of their games in 20 years, so if this is what they need to do to pay the bills i am fine with it. It won't change my life at all.

I wasn't excited about the first Diablo game and i surely don't care about what ever number this one is.

Actually given that there's no complexity to combat in diablo it might work just fine. Instead of continually clicking your mouse button and spaming cool downs you simply tap on the monster on the screen and spam cool downs.

All the complexity is in weapon load outs and builds which are just static screens. The actual combat is very easy and simplistic and should port just fine.

Yeah, but it's faster paced than most games on mobile and they would have to slow it down quite a bit. I just don't see it working with users frantically taping all over the screen, obstructing most of the view with their hands in the process. But according to Apple, we're holding our phones wrong, so I might be wrong...

Does anyone care about this company or the games they release here?

I haven't played one of their games in 20 years, so if this is what they need to do to pay the bills i am fine with it. It won't change my life at all.

I wasn't excited about the first Diablo game and i surely don't care about what ever number this one is.

Well, I play Overwatch daily and I'm still having fun. Diablo 2 was fun, and it got me into ARPGs, but I haven't played D3 that much since I had more fun with Path of Exile.

I'm firmly in the "Blizzard is meh" camp. Hell, I never understood why Diablo got the hype that it did. It was a pretty boring game to me. If Blizzard went bankrupt, it would be like some foreign electronics company that I never heard of nor used their products went bankrupt. It's even kind of funny to me - to be honest - that there are fanboys of Blizzard in the first place...I could go on, but don't want to sound mean, if you get my drift.

Ah, the old "some people like different stuff than I and are therefor inferior" comments, they always make me laugh :D

Let's see: I've got a high-end PC connected to a 24 inch display.
I've also got a PS4Pro connected to a 65 inch 4K HDR television.
I've also connected my PC to my TV so I can play some PC games (those with proper controller supoort) from my couch at 65'' 4K HDR.

So no, I don't want to play games on a tiny touch screen.

Yeah, I don't get the draw of playing on such tiny screens at all. If I cannot game comfortably, I'll just make sure I have a novel on hand to read instead, or some decent music to listen to.

Ah, the old "some people like different stuff than I and are therefor inferior" comments, they always make me laugh :D

You suggesting people should say "I love other stuff than them therefor I'm inferior"?
Taste and inferiority are not the same thing. You might adore 320x200 graphics, but it's still objectively inferior to 1080p - liking one more than another doesn't make you inferior. Nor superior. ;)

You suggesting people should say "I love other stuff than them therefor I'm inferior"?
Taste and inferiority are not the same thing. You might adore 320x200 graphics, but it's still objectively inferior to 1080p - liking one more than another doesn't make you inferior. Nor superior. ;)

I'm not suggesting that. How do you even come to that conclusion? And that resolution comparison doesn't really work since none of the two originally compared things (Diablo and by extension ARPGs, and RPGs that try to mimic tabletop RPGs) is objectively better than the other.

Some people enjoy slower paced gameplay with good story and meaningful choice and consequence mechanic and they would more likely enjoy CRPGs. Other people like faster paced gameplay with tons of loot, numbers going up, and creating builds as a kind of a formula to play as efficiently as possible. They would generally enjoy ARPGs. Both of these groups can have hard core and more casual sub-groups within them, but neither is objectively more hard core than the other.

I dare to add "hardcore" doesn't have the same meaning to everyone.
I mean... When it comes to games design. I'm not talking about certain type of video materials. ;)

Back
Top Bottom