|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Couchpotato's Random RPG News

Default Couchpotato's Random RPG News

August 23rd, 2018, 01:47
Realms Beyond at the Gamescom Indie Arena Booth

Link - https://www.realms-beyond.com/forum/…;boardseen#new
Which brings us to the final part of this post, our grand announcement:

Realms Beyond will be launching a Kickstarter campaign in October 2018!

We will reveal more information about the campaign once Gamescom is over and we've had a chance to catch our breaths. Stay tuned!

And before closing this post, we'd like to offer a heartfelt thank you to all the visitors to our booth who showed interest and asked questions about our game. There were hundreds of you, and it was a joy to show our game to each and every one of you. We're ready to receive hundreds more in the coming days, so don't hesitate - pay us a visit and let us guide you through the Realms Beyond!
--
“Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by
lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.” ― Robert Heinlein

Couchpotato

Lazy Layabout

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)

August 23rd, 2018, 10:53
Not sure if this was posted but game play video:

loading…

--
I hope the writer is skillful; one problem i've had with some of these games have been the story (complex but easy to follow and not convoluted).

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

August 23rd, 2018, 11:38
Dark Souls Trilogy Announced *No Pc Version

loading…
Fear not the dark my friend and let the feast begin!" Prepare to die all over again with the ENTIRE critically acclaimed series in DARK SOULS Trilogy available October 19th, 2018 for Xbox One and PS4.
Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar Wishlist Drive Announced

Link - https://steamcommunity.com/games/650…45056881398189
The second release of Grimoire at the one year anniversary of the game's release is progressing well! Brand new inventory workshop (see and sort all items, now apply all special crafts for classes) is done and extremely helpful during gameplay, almost changes the whole experience! In addition to new regions, new NPCs, new story lines, new enhancements to gameplay and two new title screens!

Many players have complained about the high initial price of Grimoire compared to other roleplaying games on Steam. We are considering a major price discount at the release of V2 and you can help decide what it will be!
Anthem hands-on preview and interview
GameCentral reports back from Gamescom on EA’s Destiny killer and discusses the secrets of marketing budgets and the nature of BioWareiness.
Link - https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/22/anthe…-game-7868613/

Why No Assassin's Creed in 2019 Makes Sense for Ubisoft

Link - https://www.usgamer.net/articles/why…se-for-ubisoft
When Ubisoft announced that Assassin's Creed was no longer going to be an annual franchise, some folks breathed a sigh of relief. After some missteps, the series needed some time off to find its focus and for more casual fans of the franchise, trying to get through one huge historical journey each year was difficult. The break paid off with the excellent Assassin's Creed Origins, which is why some groaned when Ubisoft announced Assassin's Creed Odyssey for release a year later. Was Assassin's Creed back to an annual cadence already, they wondered?
The Shenmue Story: From Virtua Fighter RPG to Kickstarter Success

Link - https://www.usgamer.net/articles/the…tarter-success
Shenmue is a popular topic of dialogue again thanks to the recent release of the Shenmue 1 and 2 remaster, and the sadder news about Shenmue 3 not arriving for another year.
Why ‘Darkest Dungeon’s Stressful Nature Is Helpful

Link - https://www.goombastomp.com/why-dark…re-is-helpful/
While not a complex concept to understand, difficulty in video games is often a hard thing to measure in quantifiable statistics.
Shenmue's HD remasters analysed

loading…
In the build-up to Shenmue 3 we have a superb rendition of Yu Suzuki's original double bill, now remastered at 1920x1080 on all consoles. John guides us through how Shenmue 1 and 2 HD improves on the Sega Dreamcast (and OG Xbox) source codes - while still staying faithful to AM2's vision.
--

Couchpotato

Lazy Layabout

August 24th, 2018, 04:27
Fallout 76 - Introduction to Crafting and Building

loading…
Brought to you by the Vault-Tec American Tricentennial Committee. Today’s episode, “A New American Dream: Laying the Cornerstones”. After thermonuclear war, Man’s towering industrial marvels may no longer stretch to the heavens. It’s up to YOU to rebuild America with C.A.M.P.s – Construction and Assembly Mobile Platform.

Fallout 76 launches worldwide on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC on November 14.
ATOM RPG 0.8 Global Update Available

Link - https://steamcommunity.com/games/552…66654663112420
Atom Team is online with many great news. The last month was really good for development, and now you get to experience what we were making for all this time. We really hope these results will be to your liking.

In this major update, we continued to liven up Krasnoznamenny and Peregon with new NPCs and quests. We also listened to you, our dear, dear player base. You wished for an ability to leave your followers near your personal bunker. It is now possible.
The Surge 2 Gameplay First Look

loading…
After the success of last year’s sci-fi Action RPG The Surge, Focus Home Interactive and Deck 13 are ready to showcase the very first gameplay footage of The Surge 2, releasing 2019 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.

The trailer showcases the new and enigmatic Park sector, located in the middle of a city ravaged by the events of The Surge. Devious mercenaries called The Hunters roam the artificial, man-made forest, searching for a powerful creature. Beware their traps, their cunning cloaking devices, and most of all, the out-of-control former park guardians.
--

Couchpotato

Lazy Layabout

August 24th, 2018, 14:37
Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep Brian Fargo Interviews

loading…

loading…

Mutant Year Zero Gameplay Showcase - Gamescom 2018

loading…

Call of Cthulhu Developer Gameplay Showcase - Gamescom 2018

loading…

6 Minutes of Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord Campaign Gameplay

loading…

Breach Gameplay Showcase - Gamescom 2018

loading…
--

Couchpotato

Lazy Layabout

August 24th, 2018, 14:43
Yakuza Kiwami 2 Review

loading…

9 Minutes of Valkyria Chronicles 4 Gameplay - Gamescom 2018

loading…

Dragon Quest XI: Echoes Gameplay Showcase - Gamescom 2018

loading…
--

Couchpotato

Lazy Layabout

August 24th, 2018, 14:44
A suggestion. Rename the thread into "random RPG streams".
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 150 Post(s)

August 24th, 2018, 14:46
Diablo 3 Nintendo Switch Gameplay - Gamescom 2018

loading…

The First 16 Minutes of Shenmue Remastered Gameplay

loading…
--

Couchpotato

Lazy Layabout

August 24th, 2018, 14:50
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
A suggestion. Rename the thread into "random RPG streams".
Nope it's mixed with links and videos.

Yes I admit it has more videos today because of Gamescom.
--

Couchpotato

Lazy Layabout

August 24th, 2018, 15:00
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Review - Game Savvy

Link - https://gamesavvy.net/pillars-of-ete…adfire-review/
I played Pillars of Eternity for the first time a few months ago when it became available on Origin Access. The narrative-based RPG is made by Obsidian Entertainment Inc, and is very obviously influenced Dungeons and Dragons, like so many RPGs before it. I was instantly in love.
Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord - GAMEPLAY (Gamescom 2018)

Link - https://gamervw.com/2018/08/24/30-mi…ount-blade-ii/

loading…

Biomutant Remains Impressively Odd -Gameinformer

Link - https://www.gameinformer.com/preview…fter-its-debut
No one has seen much of Experiment 101’s open-world action-RPG since last year, but the latest demo shows that it’s still one to watch.
--

Couchpotato

Lazy Layabout

August 24th, 2018, 16:30
Going thru a lot of these stories I came across a Playstation 4 game called Horizon Zero Dawn. Any news if it would ever come to computers? Looks like my kind of game.
--
"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."

Hastar

Unspeakable
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

August 24th, 2018, 17:03
Originally Posted by Hastar View Post
Going thru a lot of these stories I came across a Playstation 4 game called Horizon Zero Dawn. Any news if it would ever come to computers? Looks like my kind of game.
It would make a perfect PC port as it plays similar to Witcher III. Though no at this point they only have a steam page that has a few video documentary's. It's disappointing.
No steam release for HZD folks sorry! This is just part of our library of free documentaries we're going to be posting to Steam over the coming months. Give it a watch if you want!
--

Couchpotato

Lazy Layabout

+1:

August 24th, 2018, 18:07
Playstation 4 game called Horizon Zero Dawn. Any news if it would ever come to computers?
Ported officially to PC - no. It's developer is owned by Sony which means it'll remain a hostage of inferior hardware.
Eventually it'll appear within an emulator but by the time it happens, noone will want to buy/play it as it'll be a decade old or more.

There is however a fresh variable in the mix and that's nVidia's recently announced raytracing capable GPUs.
As you know (or not but will now), nVidia refused contracts for developing PS4/XBone hardware. Both of those consoles contain weak (and now ancient) AMDs chips yet people are still buying those. Why? PS4 and XBone are still using aggressive PR for selling trash hiding what really matters (frames per second) with yelling everywhere about silly who cares about "cosmetics" (upscaled 4K, HDR, screw PC visuals only gameplay matters).

Now the same nVidia didn't refuse Nintendo Switch, however it's primarily a handheld device visual monstrosities cannot run on.
If PS5 (and next Xbox) fails to include ray tracing, there is a hope Sony will want the cash from the audience HZD definetly belongs to - PC. In such case we could see the port. In other words, only if PS5 doesn't sell like crazy. Doesn't have to fail miserably, just not sell billions of plastic boxes with cheap and weak junk inside.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 150 Post(s)
+1:

August 24th, 2018, 19:46
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
It would make a perfect PC port as it plays similar to Witcher III. Though no at this point they only have a steam page that has a few video documentary's. It's disappointing.
In the meantime, @Hastar can become well-informed (regarding the game itself) by reading the review this humble member wrote here
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jäger!
Last edited by henriquejr; August 25th, 2018 at 01:34. Reason: Typos

henriquejr

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

August 24th, 2018, 20:12
Gimme a link to the review
--

Hastar

Unspeakable
RPGWatch Donor

August 24th, 2018, 20:37
Gimme a link to the review
Oooops, I forgot to put the link in my previous post

Here it goes: Horizon: Zero Dawn Review
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jäger!

henriquejr

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

August 24th, 2018, 21:23
Thanks for showing me your review. Great read and really enjoyed it. Makes me want to play the game.

I haven't had a console game since the Atari in 1979 Not sure I will buy a Playstation 4 but I'm tempted for a few games.
--
Last edited by Hastar; August 24th, 2018 at 23:35.

Hastar

Unspeakable
RPGWatch Donor

August 25th, 2018, 17:25
RPG Codex Review: Pillars of Eternity II - It's Pretty Alright

Link- http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=10984
As you may remember, Pillars of Eternity I didn’t make much of an impression on me. In fact, I thought it was pretty damn terrible. Meanwhile, odd as it may sound, its sequel was actually a big positive surprise for me. Maybe it was due to my low expectations, but I did enjoy the time I spent on it, and my “100%” playthrough took well over 50 hours, so that has to mean something. I’d say it only gets stale in the last 10 or so hours when you’re so overpowered you can put anything down by glaring at it, and the whole exploration angle loses its charm because you’re sailing from place to place, clearing out leftover errands.

If I had to draw a comparison, I’d say the game is like Storm of Zehir’s bigger and dumber cousin. It has the same “classic fantasy adventure” gameplay focus of romping around a big map at your leisure and seeing your riches and stats grow with some barely relevant story playing out in the background. By nature of being a standalone game, not an expansion, it’s also much, much greater in scope. But at the same time its mechanics suffer due to the misguided PoE system instead of the tried and tested D&D (as butchered as it may be for RTWP purposes), while its story is all things considered much more prominent, but without any positive qualities that would warrant said prominence.

I don’t think Deadfire is a game that I’ll ever revisit, but I definitely appreciate the effort that went into improving it compared to its predecessor, because the fixes are many and they are very real. However, it must be stressed that Deadfire is more than simply an improvement over PoE1 – it’s a pretty alright game in itself, though your appreciation of it may depend on what you like the most in an RPG. If it’s freedom of exploration you seek, I’d recommend giving it a spin, because it’s the one area in which Deadfire excels. If it’s combat, you might end up disappointed. If it’s story and related matters, stay the hell away.

Because let me stress again: to enjoy the game it’s absolutely imperative to shut down your brain and 111111 your way through every dialogue, preferably also skip companions and either make your own party or take sidekicks – at least they stay silent. Without all that garbage, you can focus on clearing out the overland map, looking for places to loot and people to kill, sometimes going into a fight that is actually challenging or accidentally stumbling upon a secret area that is available only on a certain time of the in-game year.
Battle Brothers Developer Blog #101 - New Weapons

Link - http://battlebrothersgame.com/dev-blog-101-new-weapons/
We take a break from looking at things that make your life harder, to take a look at things that make your life easier this week. The upcoming ‘Beasts & Exploration’ DLC will add a bouquet of new weapons. Some of them will fill gaps in the progression of existing weapon types, while others are hybrid and niche weapons to create new builds and tactics with. And all of them will add more variety to human opponents, like brigands. Just keep in mind that details may still change depending on how playtesting goes. Let’s take a look!
World of Warcraft “Warbringers: Azshara” Animated Short

loading…
Ten thousand years ago, the lands of Azeroth were torn apart by the Sundering. As the continents cracked open and the ocean rushed in, the Highborne elves and their great queen, Azshara, seemed doomed to a watery grave. But what she found in the deep was not oblivion . . . but opportunity.
Aug 24, 2018 Beamdog Livestream - Introducing Luke Rideout!

loading…
Beamdog Marketing Manager Lee and Producer Luke Rideout share the latest studio news, updates on Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition, and Infinity Engine Enhanced Edition patches.
--

Couchpotato

Lazy Layabout

August 26th, 2018, 14:34
Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem Update #81

Link - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects…/posts/2271301
Hello everyone! September and our Beta transition are approaching really fast! Today, we would like to share a little more about some changes planned. Let’s talk about the fail state in Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem!
Pathfinder: Kingmaker feels like the PC RPGs of old, warts and all

Link - https://www.pcgamer.com/pathfinder-k…warts-and-all/
In the pantheon of CRPGs, Pathfinder: Kingmaker feels like a throwback to the classics more than a modern reinvention like Divinity: Original Sin. Mishulin estimates that the main story will take at least 40 hours to complete, and an additional 80 hours for all the side content and kingdom building. My time with Kingmaker reminded me of the wonder and unknowing potential of a good tabletop campaign, but I’m also left unsure if its stories will be enough to deal with its muddy combat for dozens of hours. You can check out the game for yourself when it releases on September 25th on Steam and GOG.
Pathfinder: Kingmaker evokes old-school RPGs with an empire-building twist

Link - https://www.gamesradar.com/pathfinde…uilding-twist/
For anyone who enjoys roleplaying as a virtuous champion or malicious evildoer, benevolent ruler or militaristic tyrant, Pathfinder: Kingmaker should provide dozens of hours full of adventure and consequential decision-making. I'm mainly excited to just take my sweet time reading all the enchanting dialogue as I chat with my companions, and trying to make everyone in my kingdom like me. Your personal story can begin when Pathfinder: Kingmaker launches for PC on September 25.
Final Fantasy VI A World Reborn mod is available

Link - https://www.dsogaming.com/news/final…tral-ost-more/
A team of modders has released a graphics overhaul for Final Fantasy VI. Titled Final Fantasy VI A World Reborn, this mod comes with reworked sprites and monsters, makes NPCs more colorful and diverse, replaces the UI pictures of the characters, deletes the mobile UI and adds an Orchestral OST.
New Details on Kingdom Come: Deliverance DLC, Amorous Adventures

Link - https://www.techquila.co.in/new-deta…us-adventures/
Warhorse, the studio behind the medieval RPG, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, has shared details on what to expect for two of the title’s upcoming DLCs.
--

Couchpotato

Lazy Layabout

August 26th, 2018, 14:50
Not sure how I managed play 70+ hours in Kingmaker beta where the content is only available till the end of chapter 2, when they say exploring everything will take roughly about 80 hours lol. I'm hoping the remaining 2 chapters are just as fun and long as first two
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)

Tags
interviews, mods, previews, reviews, videos
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Couchpotato's Random RPG News