Disco Elysium - Final Cut Review @ ACG

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Karak loves Disco Elysium - Final Cut:

Disco Elysium Final Cut Mini Review #1 RPG Just Got Better

Karak checks out Disco Elysium Final Cut for a mini-review discussing the game's audio changes. And...well how amazing it is. Free update if you own the game, you can turn the voice off if you want.
More information.

Never played it before but I've played it for a few hours the last days. Ten to fifteen hours maybe?

It is fun, and inventive, but I'm getting a bit bored by only having conversations with people, myself or with objects. Is there anything else happening after a while, or have I seen everything, mechanically speaking, there is?

BTW the Racist Lorry Driver's voice over changes dialect a bit in one conversation branch (from very French sounding to only slightly French sounding), which was weird. I still don't know if it was supposed to be a clue, or if it was bad quality control and fallout from the pandemic and not being able to record everything as usual? I'm leaning towards the latter.

Yeah, I didn't expect to miss combat and increasing in power combat-wise, but I do. And I'm on day two as well.

The pleasure is in the story. If you aren't enjoying it then I would recommend to look elsewhere because the mechanics don't really change - just more areas unlock as you progress the story.

The pleasure is in the story. If you aren't enjoying it then I would recommend to look elsewhere because the mechanics don't really change - just more areas unlock as you progress the story.
Thanks. I will keep going a while longer and see where it goes and if I start enjoying the story more. Sometimes it is also worth going through repetitive mechanics for the resolution of a story.

Back
Top Bottom