Gothic Gothic 1 upgrade!

gaboru93

Sentinel
I heard about a patch (the latest) and a player kit! Can someone tell me where to get those and what does the player kit consist of?

The player kit, if I'm not mistaken is mostly used to play mods or play Gothic windowed and to change some in-game settings.
Both the latest patch and the player kit can be found on gothic.rpgdot.com I believe. If anyone can confirm this I'll be happy I could help.

ok thanks Pladio i'll search it!

ok i found all i need! on that site! thanks again! but was wondering what shakeycam11 or trial12eng are

I know the trial is a modification of Gothic, it's quite small and enjoyable, but is quite prone to crashing since it uses a mode of gaming which isn't originally supported by the game.
I don't know what the shakeythingy is though.

You want
patch 1.08k (if your version number is lower)
mod player kit
fps patch
and probably one of the updated texture packs.
In that order.
Try playing with a gamepad if you have one. Check out all available default configurations for the controls.
Read the first few chapters in JemyM´s FAQ. My maps on RPGDot are also quite useful I´ve been told. ;) They´re fugly but transport their content in a clean way.

i like your maps Gorath :) and also read JeremyM's FAQ! really well done!

i got the patcch, and all but what is updated texture pack? i mean... where could i get one?

and the player kit is in german.... i don't know german! if i install it will the game be in german? also the patch?

ok i found out that to use fps patch u first need player kit!

Last edited:
hey gorath (or anyone) while you are here..do you have any suggestions for mods aside the texture patch? I'm thinking of replayng gothic 1 and wouldn't mind to see improvements. For example Is there any mod which would add a bandit quest, I mean those fellas who are hanging in the mountains.

I didn´t really follow all the mods. At least one big mod was translated into English I think.

A link to the texture pack can be found somewhere else in this forum.

found them :D here: texture patch(es)

ummm P.S. How do i make a link in a text? i forgot! i mean the word link to be the link above

Last edited:
You could also learn how to use our editor. The URL button must be good for something. :gorath:

Back
Top Bottom