|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Piranha Bytes » Elex 2 » Elex 2

Default Elex 2

March 23rd, 2022, 12:01
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
Also, to others who completed it:
Spoiler

Edit: There are a few unique weapons that can only be found if you max out fuel.

Edit 2: Oh yeah, the whole infection thing really got on my nerves. Comments and such ("That.. thing.. will happen to me") were far too frequent.
Probably needs its own thread but:
1. Didn't like the quest list so I worked on getting the side stuff done, went through most of the MQ with few side quests so it did not feel it flowed as it could have.
2. Exploring came later but meant I didn't do as much, more for a second go though
3. I liked the companion quests even though sometimes they cut across each other, a bit confusing

Spoiler – end game

kborom

Watchdog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

March 23rd, 2022, 17:44
One complaint I have is that it's too easy to accumulate money. I'm only level 14, and I'm already swimming in more shards than I can spend.

Even though damaged weapons sell for much less, you can still acquire a ton of shards by selling them or repairing them with 1 level in blacksmithing and then selling them for more even with the 3 to 1 trade-off. They should have made damaged weapons basically worthless imo. Either that or less common.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 143 Post(s)

March 23rd, 2022, 18:03
The top-end armour and weapons do offer somewhere to put that money but yeah. By the endgame the game had pretty much moved on from being about gathering resources and into taking the fight to the enemy for me. Which I was fine with - it's ok to change style for different parts of the story, quite good even IMO.

Alistair

Sentinel

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

March 25th, 2022, 06:30
Is it just me, or are the companion quests wildly unpredictable in terms of difficulty? I wish there was some indication of what was in store for us before starting them.

Fox's first quest after he joins you at The Bastion…

Spoiler

Prior to that, I had done all of Caja's quests and several for C.R.O.N.Y. and Falk, and they were all fairly easy.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

March 25th, 2022, 13:41
Caja robots quest easy?
You must have waited quite a while before going for it - I tried it as soon as it appeared and the difficulty bar felt extremely high at that point.

But yes, difficulty of any quest is quite unpredictable at early stages.
Sure, when you get a quest to kill a troll logically that one can't be easy, but in other cases you can't know.

The other cooment was on money.
Money you need. Certain items that you will unlock later are very expensive.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 231 Post(s)

March 25th, 2022, 17:55
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Is it just me, or are the companion quests wildly unpredictable in terms of difficulty? I wish there was some indication of what was in store for us before starting them.

Fox's first quest after he joins you at The Bastion…
That spoiler thing happened to me too. I went away and did some other stuff, I can only assume that something needed to happen within the overall story prior to attempting the quest. When I arrived a few levels later it played out very differently.

I found some of the quest chaining a bit erratic but wondered if I was playing it too fast (if that makes sense)

With Elex 1, I found my second playthrough more detailed and logical. Possibly I was so focused on staying alive first time around that I wasn't absorbing the story

Qayto

Watchdog

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
+1:

March 25th, 2022, 19:55
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Caja robots quest easy?
You must have waited quite a while before going for it - I tried it as soon as it appeared and the difficulty bar felt extremely high at that point.
Compared to the one I mentioned, yeah, Caja's quest was a cakewalk. I think her quests are meant to be done earlier than the others.

Originally Posted by Qayto View Post
That spoiler thing happened to me too. I went away and did some other stuff, I can only assume that something needed to happen within the overall story prior to attempting the quest. When I arrived a few levels later it played out very differently.
Thing is, there's nothing to indicate to the player when it's a good time for that quest. They should have designed it where Fox doesn't even present that quest until you're a higher level.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

+1:

March 25th, 2022, 23:47
I actually didn't find Fox until I was a reasonably high level, so while I found that quest a challenge, I eventually managed it with a lot of running and sniping!!
--
If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)

March 26th, 2022, 02:15
One of the map puzzle parts requires maxed fuel for the jet pack

Hurls

Non-twitch gamer
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
+1:

April 4th, 2022, 12:54
I've completed it with the Berserkers, Albs (Clerics) and Morkons now. Overall, I enjoyed it a great deal, though I do prefer their previous faction systems, and I'm not a fan of the infection aspect.

Spoiler – A few notes on spells and weapons:

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Maylander

April 4th, 2022, 15:12
I maxed out dexterity:

--
<3

Konjad

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
+1:

April 4th, 2022, 21:39
I've completed it with the Berserkers, Albs (Clerics) and Morkons now. Overall, I enjoyed it a great deal, though I do prefer their previous faction systems, and I'm not a fan of the infection aspect.

Spoiler – A few notes on spells and weapons:
During your Morkon run, did you do the full questline of working as a mole for the Kriiton followers? I'm curious what consequences it has if any. I was disappointed that I couldn't work for them without actually joining the Morkons.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

+1:

April 4th, 2022, 22:43
During your Morkon run, did you do the full questline of working as a mole for the Kriiton followers? I'm curious what consequences it has if any. I was disappointed that I couldn't work for them without actually joining the Morkons.
Isn't that what you need to do in order to
Spoiler – Guess…
? But i can only guess that since I just completed my first play through, and I didn't join a faction.

bkrueger

Nothing to see here.

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

April 4th, 2022, 23:19
I hadn't even thought of that since I have no interest in joining the Morkons or Outlaws.

I was hoping there might be something more interesting there… like helping the Kriiton followers take over the Grotto or something like that.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

April 5th, 2022, 14:26
Yep, I also missed interacting with them. Especially if Jax joins another guild it would very much make sense for him to help the Kriitons.
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw

Currently playing: Black Geyser

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)

April 5th, 2022, 17:04
I helped the Kriitons as far as possible, but at some point they say you can only help them further
Spoiler – mild spoiler
. May be I do that in my next playthrough.

But at the moment I am still playing on in my first playthrough long after finishing the main quest, since I want to find all card parts, for example.

Yesterday I met a NPC with a quest in an apparently empty house somewhere outside of any settlement. So it is really worthwhile to look into every house, cave etc.
I have to admit that I am beyond 100 hours because of this…(And I had nearly no reloads, since I play on normal, so fighting is easy; therefore I will play my second game on the highest difficulty).

bkrueger

Nothing to see here.

April 5th, 2022, 19:28
Originally Posted by bkrueger View Post
I helped the Kriitons as far as possible, but at some point they say you can only help them further
Spoiler – mild spoiler
. May be I do that in my next playthrough.
Yeah, I did the same thing. You only get a couple of quests before they tell you that.

What was it like to never join a faction? I imagine it made the game a little more difficult, but you probably had an excess of LPs and money towards the end since you weren't spending them on faction trainers?

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

April 5th, 2022, 19:43
Yeah, I did the same thing. You only get a couple of quests before they tell you that.

What was it like to never join a faction? I imagine it made the game a little more difficult, but you probably had an excess of LPs and money towards the end since you weren't spending them on faction trainers?
I maxed out all non-faction skills in the end. Since I played on normal, I didn't find the game very challenging. I felt it easier than Elex 1, but that might only be a consequence of playing Elex 1 so often and therefore being more accustomed to the fighting, when starting Elex 2. The hardest enemies were those big war robots, but there were only two or three in the game as far as I remember. I fought with a bow the most time (because of its far range) and used a shotgun on short range. I use my drone as a companion most of the time and it nearly never "died".

Mild spoiler on companions in fights:
Spoiler – Companions

By the way I have a question on the Jetpack for everybody, who completed the main quest:
Spoiler – Jet pack master
Last edited by bkrueger; April 5th, 2022 at 19:56.

bkrueger

Nothing to see here.

April 6th, 2022, 00:03
Originally Posted by bkrueger View Post
By the way I have a question on the Jetpack for everybody, who completed the main quest:
Spoiler – Jet pack master
Everyone gets it.

As far as the Morkons go, I wanted to redeem the entire faction. Not really an option. As mentioned above, you either go full Morkon or end up an Outlaw in Morkon disguise. I feel like they probably wanted to do more with that than they managed to.

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Maylander

April 6th, 2022, 04:17
I feel like they probably wanted to do more with that than they managed to.
I feel the same way about the skill system. It feels like the faction skills should have more variety, and I'm particularly disappointed by the Clerics only having two unique skills.

I wonder how much the development was impacted by having to work remotely due to the pandemic. I'm still enjoying it quite a lot, but I think it could have been even better.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Tags
elex 2
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Piranha Bytes » Elex 2 » Elex 2