Embracer Group - Acquires Deus Ex, Thief, Legacy of Kain, and More

For what it's worth here's a visualization of subsidiaries in gaming from a random dude on reddit. The size of the slices is misleading of course.

Nice :)

And it's only publishers (at first glance), each having several developers.

EDIT: there are big fish missing though, like Bandai Namco, Nintendo, Activision, ...

EDIT: there are big fish missing though, like Bandai Namco, Nintendo, Activision, …
Activision is in Microsoft slice, fourth row from the bottom.
The other two are independent I think and thus should be separate slices with no to little subsidiaries. I guess that's why they haven't been included.

Activision is in Microsoft slice, fourth row from the bottom.
The other two are independent I think and thus should be separate slices with no to little subsidiaries. I guess that's why they haven't been included.

That's right, their shareholders accepted the deal for MS/Activision. It's only next year though, I don't think it's already in effect?

As for the two others, they have fewer subsidiaries but they still have some and are quite important. Similarly to Ubisoft.

This one posted by danutz_plusplus was nice too. A complete tree-like representation with revenues should be interesting, and perhaps even more mind-boggling.

EDIT: To put some numbers, this listing seems accurate, or at least in accord with other lists. No much details on the subsidiaries though. Those are big numbers.

Last edited:
That should bring something to the subsidiary pie:

Sony's Big Rumored Acquisition Was Square Enix, Says Grubb

I understand it's the leftover after Embracer Group took the other part.
Based on that article yeah it seems Square-Enix sold off their western studios to focus on JRPGs, and like I mentioned those developers were huge resource sinks with risks.

Sony buying the rest makes sense as they are already a Sony first exclusive company.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom