RPGWatch - The End is Nigh

Pretty bummed about this. I visit a couple of times a day. Appreciate the info and overall level of civility.

Thanks to Myrthos and others involved.

Hope there can be somewhere to migrate to.

Sorry to hear this. I don't really post anymore. Never did that much anyway but I think a site like Rpg Watch badly needs to exist. I'm not down with the cool kids. Been a web developer in my career for 25 years but using evil Microsoft products so I won't offer my services. Although I would happily help in any way including financial.

my profile says 2015 but was a lurker before that, it is a routine to check rpgwatch as soon as i start my pc.
You will be missed. For real.

OMG! I'm so sorry to hear this. But I understand, I also quit from rpgdot when I was tired of it, but never stoped reading you guys, rpgdot and after that rpgwatch

Is this site disapears a part of my life will be gone as well.

The best to you, Moriendor and Garrett, if he is still around or you can contact him, from your old teammate Arkray.

Thanks for all these years.

OMG! I'm so sorry to hear this. But I understand, I also quit from rpgdot when I was tired of it, but never stoped reading you guys, rpgdot and after that rpgwatch

Is this site disapears a part of my life will be gone as well.

The best to you, Moriendor and Garrett, if he is still around or you can contact him, from your old teammate Arkray.

Thanks for all these years.

a part of your life.. indeed, same applies for me, well said!

I will also miss this site. With regard to gaming, RPGWatch was my main source of information since I found it. Over time I started to participate in discussions and its the only place I do that. Thanks for all that.

:end: :raincloud: :bigcry:
Good luck going forward Myrthos and other admins. And thanks for many years of good information. Now, where to go for news :-/

There are still some options left that we can keep RPGWatch alive somehow.
Here's one for example. Let's hope :)

RPGWatch was like the Keep on the Borderlands for me. On the edge of the internet protecting the masses from the forces of chaos. The trolls and bugbears are gathering their forces.

owlbear.jpg

Damn you, mercy! RPGWatch is about to go BOOM and we'll never know the name of the game you've been working on! Could you consider this like a dying man's last wish?
HELHERRON! Link in my signature, leading you to semi-frequent updates. Last classic version on the net is the 2004 one. Best played on a Linux virtual machine. I even posted a fix for the last map - when you descend to the demon realm to kill the Boss - I think on one of the Abandonia sites. There was one letter in the name of the hell-map [it has a short obscure name] that was misspelled by the dev. Simply fixing the filename of that last map allowed me to walk down the stairs - the game now successfully could find and load the map and I won the game. Played it three times from beginning to end.. around 2004.

I would just say to people who are really bummed out by this news - don't be. One way or another this will be sorted out, and I suspect sooner rather than later. The Watch, or some evolution of it, will continue.

Yes please! If RPGWatch dissapears, where will I and Avellone read our RPG news?!
We got so famous in Hungary with Hardwired (invited as VIPs at press conferences at various dev companies, we got presents, etc..) that I got hired by Most Wanted in 2007. I'm sitting at my desk working like crazy - trying not to get fired in a heated work environment - when my colleagues start complaining that their favorite gaming news website - Hardwired - now has less news postings than usual. :D All my energy was spent on my new gamedev job. Crashing at home I had little fuel left to write any gaming news articles, but that was how developers in my country found their daily fun. :D

I would just say to people who are really bummed out by this news - don't be. One way or another this will be sorted out, and I suspect sooner rather than later. The Watch, or some evolution of it, will continue.

We'll never give up on the Watch! :)

I think it would also be great for Myrthos to know that the site he created and spent so much time on continues to live (as well as for the other team mates who have been there for so long).

We'll never give up on the Watch! :)

I think it would also be great for Myrthos to know that the site he created and spent so much time on continues to live (as well as for the other team mates who have been there for so long).

Yeah, I really hated to see some of the responses in this thread, even if I've not really been enjoying the Watch as much recently. I'd still like to know the Watchers are there, happily doing their thing.

I'm waiting for a while to see if anything gets officially sorted out, which I think it will, but if that doesn't materialise, I shall activate The Machine... :p

Awww, damn. I can't tell you how sad this makes me. I was a lurker at the 'Dot but then moved here and decided to register, and never left. I check this website multiple times a day, browse through the forums and such...
Where will I get my RPG news now? Like many others said, it's like losing a beloved friend. Hopefully in some shape or form we can keep it alive.

Either way, I will echo everyone else and extend my heartfelt appreciation for all Myrthos and others have done to maintain and keep this place afloat for so many years. It has been a refuge for me, a safe haven, for a large part of my life and it shall be sorely missed should it be gone.

For people who are not aware, there's a discussion going on in the RPGwatch subforum about possibly starting a new site, if a sale/transfer of the site isn't possible.

Anyone interested in (possibly) helping out, can go look there :)

Back
Top Bottom