SpellForce 2 - Demons of the Past Announced

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Nordic Games has announced a new game in their latest newsletter: Spellforce 2: Demons of the Past. It will be an add-on like the stand-alone SF2: Faith in Destiny.

SF2_DOTP_Logo_2013_small.png

Dear Community,

Many of you have asked - what news about the future of SpellForce? We've kept you waiting but now there's news:

Currently we're producing a new AddOn for SpellForce2, that will connect all stories of the previous parts and will bring them to an exciting finale. The AddOn will be named "Demons of the Past" and will feature many well-known and -liked characters from the whole SpellForce-history.

Production lies in the trusted hands of Mind over Matter-studio, I myself will be part as counselor and writer.

You can look forward to an ingenious new adventure from the SpellForce-Realm.
More information.

all righhtt!!!!

I love the Spellforce games!

One of those cool and quirky arpg-RTS titles that lets you get right down in the middle of the action in 3rd person perspective. Good stuff

What about SpellForce 3?
SF2: FiD was very short.

What about SpellForce 3?
SF2: FiD was very short.
It's cheaper to use the same engine, and right now there are no details about game length. So fingers crossed.

Boy they are milking this. How about doing a part 3 and putting some effort into advancing the game.

It sounds like this is the last one so if they keep going then next should be Spellforce 3.

SF3 would require a massively bigger budget. I'm not sure Nordic is willing to commit to that.

I'm all for retro gaming, but this is getting a bit silly. I would love another SpellForce, but adding a bunch of smaller expansions just doesn't do it for me.

Nice to see you are liking the idea.

If I may introduce myself - I'm Lornik, Super-Moderator from the Official board and author/writer of the new AddOn. If you're interested I can answer questions about the game as far as it doesn't spoil too much of the story ;).

But do check out the official board. There's actually the first spot where news about the game are posted.

So long

Lornik

Last edited:
I don't know anything about SpellForce 3 at the moment, but from my Fan-Point of view (!), there is a good chance that if Demons of the Past succeeds, the SpellForce-series won't die afterwards.

So long

Lornik

Last edited:
I still haven't played (but own) the last expansion. Do love the Spellforce games though!

I still haven't played (but own) the last expansion. Do love the Spellforce games though!

Yeah, Faith in Destiny has certain "Problems" ;), stemming from it's original developers. But do check out the DLCs for this expansion. They are really great.

So long

Lornik

Yeah, Faith in Destiny has certain "Problems" ;), stemming from it's original developers. But do check out the DLCs for this expansion. They are really great.

So long

Lornik
Those words give me more faith in another expansion. The last was well bad, and I'll leave it at that.:handshake:

Those words give me more faith in another expansion. The last was well bad, and I'll leave it at that.:handshake:

I think that will have an effect on the sales of this one....and the unfortunate fact that they are expanding a game that was released long ago.

Back
Top Bottom