Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can switch all styles from dark to light and vice versa in mid-thread, yet I don't see the white cubes. Using Iceweasel (~Firefox). Haven't tried it with the IE.

No, the icons are still present but there is a white cube around the either grey or green circle depending on your online status.
EDIT: My browser is IE 6.

Ah, those icons.. I see. Best solution for everyone involved would be if you upgraded to a current browser (Opera, Firefox or IE 7 would do). ;)

The problem is due to the fact that IE 6 doesn't understand 24bit PNG's with an alpha channel. I used regular transparent gif's for the forum icons on the index page, but unfortunately couldn't get it to work with those "user online status" icons.
I'll try to make it work later today for IE 6 users. I don't have that version anymore, but there's supposed to be a fix I can implement... Anyway, thanks for the heads up.

For general information: The bug workaround is active and working, and the code is only active for IE versions < 7.

Can we have a login on the front page with a quick/simpler link to your messages?

--

Also, I was searching through the news forums and came across a recent post on Depth of Peril. Since I don't know much about the game I looked for a quick link to the game but in threads there's no quick way to access the game mentioned.

Is there anyway the game icon and details can be posted on the news pages like they are on the front page? That'd be awfully convenient.

Last edited:
Is there anyway the game icon and details can be posted on the news pages like they are on the front page? That'd be awfully convenient.
The first post of a news comments thread contains a link ("More information") to a tabbed overview of everything we have on that game. By default the newsbit is shown, but by selecting the 'News' tab all newsbits about the game are shown.
Or is that not what you want?

oops, I forgot to reply.

Thanks, that helped greatly. I was missing something there.
--

On another issue

I don't know if other people have a problem with this but when you click on a news item your address text box gets "married" to the anchor you clicked on.

So, if you click on a news item for something or comment then hit back you are immediately linked to the original news you first click on.

Is there anyway the anchor address could be changed before going to the new page. Maybe something could be done with javascript to link the new item first before the next page loads?

I hope I'm clear on this. Also, I may be the only one that doesn't like this as this has gone on for a long time. If memory serves me this was the way it was on the Dot as well.

An example

you come to the watch

http://www.rpgwatch.com

you find a nice news item

http://www.rpgwatch.com/#7019

after reading up you check out a new thread

http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3118

you hit your back button and lo and behold you are here again

http://www.rpgwatch.com/#7019

instead of

http://www.rpgwatch.com

or even better here

http://www.rpgwatch.com/#7037

does that make sense?

Cosmetic issue: on Firefox 3.0b2, the front page layout is slightly borked. The "Future Watch," "Poll Watch," and "Picture Watch" boxes appear below the "News Watch" and "Forum Watch" boxes, rather than along the right edge of the page.

What with FF3.0b2 being beta and all, this is clearly not a big deal, but might be worth checking out anyway.

The page layout is having its' character attacked? ;)

any word on not being "married" to an old anchor on the news link?

--

also, I've talked to Corwin about this...

what do you think of the idea of a Tech News subforum in either the Tech News or Off-Topic forums?

But can't the existing tech forum be used? Just modify the forum headline a bit perhaps ("Tech Help and Discussion" or something similar/different).

any word on not being "married" to an old anchor on the news link?

Whoops, sorry, somehow I missed your post.

*ponders*

I can see how that behavior would be annoying. I never noticed though, because Firefox automatically goes to exactly the position on a site you actually were on, when you click on the back button, regardless of the URL in the address bar.

That said, I've changed the comments and "link to this page" links to do what you want: When you click on a comments link, that newsbit becomes "active" before you jump to the comments. Hope it helps. :)

As for the tech forum, I'd use it for tech news too, with a title change as suggested. I don't think we have so many discussions there to warrant two separate forums.

Whoops, sorry, somehow I missed your post.

*ponders*

I can see how that behavior would be annoying. I never noticed though, because Firefox automatically goes to exactly the position on a site you actually were on, when you click on the back button, regardless of the URL in the address bar.

That said, I've changed the comments and "link to this page" links to do what you want: When you click on a comments link, that newsbit becomes "active" before you jump to the comments. Hope it helps. :)

As for the tech forum, I'd use it for tech news too, with a title change as suggested. I don't think we have so many discussions there to warrant two separate forums.

And there was much rejoicing! :spotlight-left::boogie::spotlight-right:

I've noticed everytime and I use Firefox. I use the back button too and I've always had that problem. Since it wasn't fixed I thought maybe it was too difficult, but now that it is

thank you thank you thank you.

As for renaming the Tech Help forum to add the word news, that sounds perfect.

Yes, it's not only possible, but very likely!! :) Mine shows 22 minutes slow!!

Ok, fixed it.

I use Firefox 2.0.0.12 and when i edit and previewing my signature, the signature and text box overlapping control panel column on the far right.

I use Firefox 2.0.0.12 and when i edit and previewing my signature, the signature and text box overlapping control panel column on the far right.
Yea, it's one of the many pages I haven't updated yet. Might be the next on my list. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom