What games are you playing now?

After playing through Grim Fandango (yay! haven't played since the original!) I just got Final Fantasy X for the Playstation Vita. Just got started, great graphics, loads of cutscenes and emo-looking kids :) Should be interesting ...

I'm still playing Gothic 2, although I haven't played it in a week or so. I just finished up the expansion content and have returned to Khorinis, and now I have to finish Chapter 2 and move on to the Valley of Mines. I have to find the scraper camps and report back to the castle, and then I believe Chapter 3 will start shortly after.

I'm also playing a bit of Saleron's Gambit module for Neverwinter Nights. It's a really great change of pace, since I love the Dungeons & Dragons systems, it's tickling my RPG fancy quite a bit. ;) The module is really fun with a lot of very good quality content, and the story, depth of dialog and pen-and-paper feel all make it a very rewarding and worthwhile experience. If modules are this good, I can only imagine what some of the other ones are like!

Rotating through Sunless Sea, Shadows of Mordor, and Divinity Original Sin playthrough right now. There have been a lot of pretty enjoyable games and I'm spoiled for choice at the moment.

I haven't had as much time for gaming as back around Xmas so it took me a while but I finally managed to finish the AC4 Black Flag DLCs.
One DLC is called 'Aveline' and that was a super-short (one hour?) mission. I hope people didn't pay too much for that one on release.
The other one is 'Freedom Cry' which, as the name suggests, has a slavery theme. You play as Adewale, a black dude, who is Kenway's (Black Flag's protagonist) quartermaster in the main game. This was like a real mini-expansion and a pretty good extension of the main game with slightly different mechanics in some areas and new islands and a new small sea map to explore.
Definitely gets my stamp of approval.

And now, after wrapping up the Assassin's Creed series, operation backlog elimination continues as I work my way down alphabetically in Steam (skipping some games I do not want to play yet) with the letter 'B' and another series that I haven't even touched yet, namely the Batman games.
I'm a few hours into Arkham Asylum now and it's pretty good fun. I'm not a fan of superhero stuff at all actually and haven't really read any Batman comics either (maybe a few as a kid but it never grabbed me). The last Batman movie I watched was that 1989 flick with Kim Basinger.
But who cares... the games got great reviews and I picked them all up for very cheap in past sales.
So far, Arkham Asylum is decent with enjoyable nutty characters (Joker, Riddler, Harley Quinn etc.) and good gameplay.

I have to say though that after the entire AC series, and some other console ports I played before that (F.E.A.R 3 etc.), my patience is starting to wear a little thin as far as checkpoint saves, FoV issues and weird control schemes are concerned.
I believe I really need to play some kind of actual pure PC game for a change of scenery after finishing this series (up to Origins that is).

Still being the Inquisitor. Who knew this would last so long? The amount of content is truly huge….

I've managed to maximize influence on all companions, and done almost all their quests. Didn't like the Winter Palace. Damn, I hate the panic of timed missions… I felt my judgement against Florienne was a bit cruel, but was worth it for her comments. When I walk by her she says "Don't look for humor here". ;)

Holding off on main quest since I still have lots of area to explore. Still no dragons killed. And many more side quests to do. The Western Approach seems to go on forever….

I'm wondering, has anyone fully explored every nook and cranny of the whole game, and done all the quests? I have found some weird stuff in hard to get to locations.

like a hidden little cave full of bear heads on a wall, and a bunch of what I suppose was bear meat on the floor.

Little touches like that are too few and far between given the huge areas to cover. There certainly are enough odd hard to find hideyholes that could be rewarding. 90% are empty though.

Last edited:
Dragon Age 4 in the works! First screenshot leaked!

Naughty-Bear.jpg

Really? Never heard of it… What's it about?

Sorry, I just couldn't force myself into not posting it, trully, trully sorry. :)

Well, I WAS playing Inquisition, still. But my computer broke last night.

Was it too many bears, an ungodly number of re-spawns, or too much elfweed? I may never know.

Ouch!!!
I know how it felt when my PC died on friday.
What are you going to do during the weekend?

Haha, I may actually see the sky… ;)

I couldn't do without, so I have a loaner while the elite book 8770w is getting fixed. It needed a new motherboard. Poor thing. ;)

It's due for replacement in 9 months, but probably not in time for the Witcher 3 release. I'll have to wait on that.

How about you? How are you dealing?

You mean what I did? It was about 10 years ago. I kept myself deaddrunk till monday when part stores finally opened. :)
TV was too boring - I had just a few channels available.

I'm now too old for getting drunk that much so I guess I'd spend my "jailtime" in front of TV, with this IPTV technology there are so many channels I actually never even checked them all, dunno why am I paying for all those packages, LOL. Ah well...

BioShock infinite. I just met Elizabeth and it's shaping up to my expectations. It's weird, I blindly accepted the setting, hanging on rails, vigor etc. without a second thought. But the projector on monument island casting no shadows catched my eye immediately.

The bad thing is my savegame got corrupted due to low disk space. Aaargh.

BioShock infinite. I just met Elizabeth and it's shaping up to my expectations. It's weird, I blindly accepted the setting, hanging on rails, vigor etc. without a second thought. But the projector on monument island casting no shadows catched my eye immediately.

The bad thing is my savegame got corrupted due to low disk space. Aaargh.
I'm working thru that game now as well. Picked up a save from a while back. I'm in the Fink area right now. I expect DArt was looking forward to my time in this zone...

BG2 Throne of Bhaal. Having a little trouble getting into it however. I like to explore and this thing is completely on rails so far. I also don't really enjoy high level combat with Mages. They always cast the same annoying uber spells. Time Stop is irritating. Tearing down their defenses get repetitive. Getting through my spell resistance with a "Death" spell is simply annoying. Lots of reloads on that last one. Is this really fun? LOL. If the game doesn't open up soon and give me a proper world map I may walk away.

No offence but I think you should stop playing BG2 now because you've been complaining a lot and I don't see why you should continue on playing.

BG2 expansion pretty much sucks from anything but a powergaming perspective. You basically play it to see how omgzor powerful your character has become and to mess around with +8 weapons of WTF.

The only reason to trudge through it as a roleplayer is to get closure on the saga.

No offence but I think you should stop playing BG2 now because you've been complaining a lot and I don't see why you should continue on playing.

I had a lot of fun with BG2. Out of the 80+ hours I complained about a few design elements. Doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it. You sound awfully defensive of the game!

Back
Top Bottom