Fable 3 - 75% Off On Steam

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Steam is now offering Fable 3 for 75% Off for the next 42 hours. It's a good chance to get the game cheap if you never played it yet.

About the Game

It's a Revolution!
Fable III is the next blockbuster installment in the highly praised Fable franchise. Five decades have passed since Fable II, and Albion has matured into an industrial revolution. However, the fate of the kingdom is in peril. Lead a revolution to take control of Albion, fight alongside your people, and experience love and loss while defending the kingdom against a looming threat. Your choices as ruler will lead to consequences felt across the entire land.
Who will you become? A rebel without a cause, the tyrant you rebelled against, or the greatest ruler to ever live?

Game Features

• Exciting PC features: Built from the ground up for the PC gamer. Experience the "hardcore mode" option for greater difficulty, enjoy additional in-game content, and even play Fable 3 in stunning 3D, thanks to NVIDIA technology!
  • Be the hero and forge your own destiny: Storytelling comes to life as "Fable III" puts you and your hero in the center of an epic journey that traces your rise from revolutionary to ruler.
  • Where blockbuster action meets adventure: Your journey spans from the streets of a thriving and industrialized Albion to the surrounding battlefields.
  • Choice and consequence: A core tenet of the “Fable” franchise, players are presented with infinite choices and consequences that impact the world.
More information.

Hope Microsoft decides to remove GFWL from this title, is one of the only three titles I have with this DRM (the other two already were converted to Steam or are in process of conversion)

Microsoft is removing GWFL from everything so buy it.
I have another problem though. IIRC F3 is yet another grinder.

Microsoft confirmed about removing GFWL from Fable III? I only saw few titles removing the support and all of them were by their devs, not MS.

Or Fable III does have a GFWL wrapper like the one available for Fallout 3 because of the DLCs?

I remember enjoying Fable 1 even though it was twitchy (and I have a natural aversion against twitchy RPGs). Is there any continuity in the series, like, will I be missing story comprehension by skipping Fable 2? (not like I remember much from fable 1, except being called Cow Killer or something)

Fable 2 is actually quite good, so it would be a shame to miss out on it.

But I can't speak to the continuity - as I never played the third game. It's supposedly pretty bad.

Microsoft confirmed about removing GFWL from Fable III?
No. Why would they, Lionhead is the one who should offer a patch/fix/workaround.

Lionhead is powerless to remove something like that, as Microsoft is in control of the product and GFWL. They'd need consent and what not.

Also, Microsoft bought Lionhead in 2006.

Well Microsoft claimed all PC games using GFWL will eventually be released again without it. It's just a matter of when and what replaces it. So far it's been Steam.

I played the first Fable, and it was a decent-enough RPG considering it was a console port. Never played Fable 2 since it never came out for the PC. But I tried Fable 3 recently, and it's downright awful. I could only stand it for a few hours. First of all, the mouse control is the worst of any PC game I've ever played. It's hard to explain, but it feels like you're extremely lagged at all times - just getting around in the game will be insanely annoying. I'm assuming that aspect of the game is fine on consoles (probably acts as console people would expect etc), but the PC port was most definitely massively bungled. "Built from the ground up for the PC gamer" as quoted in the news post is a huge lie. Even looking past the mouse control issues, all the other controls are clearly of console origins. Secondly, almost any remnants of "RPG"ness have been stripped from the game. It's closer to an "action adventure" than an RPG, which even Peter Molyneaux has admitted.

Back
Top Bottom