Risen - Screens @ GameStar

I love the look ... but after the video don't care about the static screens ...

anybody saw the character screen? reminded me a bit of VTM with the dots below the skills.
Weird but I don't like the helmets, and I miss the ponytail :(.
But it just got the right feeling :D

The screenshot with the bridge just made me think: too bad about no swimming. *whines a bit* :\

Ah, but did you see that small improvised bloody altar/shrine that somebody hid on top of a roof? It's little stuff like this that makes PB's worlds believable and fun to explore! :)

No swimming? too bad, ah at least you can jump. Maybe climbing will be back again?

Yes, from what I understand, it's swimming - no, climbing - yes. Err, at least that's what the translation of the GC video said.

I have never really been thrilled with the swimming implementation in too many games anyway ... other than the freedom in G2 to explore certain areas.

oh my god!
the girls are fugly as hell!:thumbsdown:
Have a few pints of beer and you won't care anymore. I know I don't. Although in my country any man who exclaims "Oh my God!" probably isn't too interested in girls in the first place.

Really looking forward to PB's next game as always. My biggest concerns, do we really have to listen to the PC grunt every time he swings, reminds more of a parody of a game or movie, it's really annoying and distracting. Secondly, yet once again we are forced to play a male, as much as I admire PB and all their creativity, intellect and skills this is ridiculous.

Next I expect to hear, well it's a male prison colony, she would have to be a slave, there are just males. It would change the feel, she would........ What? She would have to come in as a slave, have some idiot try to rape her, then she kills him and the game begins? Yeah, that's really screws up the story, wow, why didn't I realize this all these years. Oh, wait that's a different game, I know only males can wash up on to shore after a ship sinks, right. :p

I have never really been thrilled with the swimming implementation in too many games anyway ... other than the freedom in G2 to explore certain areas.

Exactly. Except one time I swam into the barrier in G1 and can you say reload? :biggrin:

Anyway, I'm keeping a close watch on this game. I just hope my system can play it decently enough.

I know only males can wash up on to shore after a ship sinks, right. :p

Believe Sarah washed up on shore too so when the game comes out just mod it and change the character model.

Really, I see no reason why to care. If that's the story they want to tell its their decision. You don't have to play it ;)

Back
Top Bottom