Baldur's Gate: EE - 2.6.2.0 Patch

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Redglyph spotted patch 2.6.2.0 for Baldur's Gate EE:

Patch 2.6 is almost ready!

A new Steam Beta for Baldur's Gate:Enhanced Edition is available now, and we need your feedback. Are we ready for the big release? Go on an adventure and share your thoughts!

TEST OBJECTIVE: Start questing! Is the patch good enough to release?
See Details on the 2.6.2.0 Beta Test:

Important:
- This is NOT the last update for BGEE
- 2.6 will not fix every issue-- but we hope to improve the game in future updates
- Here's what we've focused on for this patch: 2.6 Patch Items
- System Requirements have changed:
Minimum: Windows 7, 8.1, 10 64-bit, OS X 10.9, Ubuntu 18.04 or equivalent
- Please check your device meets the updated System Requirements before testing
- Make sure your device supports 64-bit games

How to Participate
- Playthrough some quests & VOTE on the release
- Tell us about *new bugs (the beta shouldn't add any issues) - comment below!
- Tell us about major issues affecting saves, visuals, sound & quality - comment below!

How to opt-in & verify you're using the correct version

• Please make sure you're using a clean (unmodded) install. Clear your override folder before testing the beta build
  • In your Steam Library, Right-Click Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and choose "Properties"
  • Click on the Beta Tab
  • Choose the road_to_2.6 in the drop down menu
  • If you don't see the road_to_2.6 in the drop down menu, please restart Steam
  • In-game, on the main menu, you will see that the build is 2.6.2.0
[...]
More information.

You know your game is a mess when seven years later bugs still aren't fixed.:lol:

Dude that seems like most games now. Either bugs are still getting fixed seven years later or the devs just stop caring about the bugs. :D
I can semi-agree but the fixed bug lists in these patches is atrocious. They even admit some are still not fixed and there might even be new bugs because of the patch.

Only comparable examples are open world Bethesda games. Heck what's even more hilarious is it's a remaster of a twenty+ old game with even more bugs.

NWN EE another Beamdog remaster is the same.

Thank god these guys didn't make Baldur's Gate III.:roll:

…and here I thought Baldur's Gate had no bugs. A bit the same way than women never stink or fart.

I had no bugs stopping me from finishing quests in the classic versions.

Anyway thanks for that sick analogy. I'm going to go throw up now.:puke:

It's fantastic that Beamdog is still supporting BG: EE this strongly so many years after release. Say what you want about them, but they take care of their games a lot better than many other developers.

Now we just need to find the source code for Icewind Dale II. :)

You know your game is a mess when seven years later bugs still aren't fixed.:lol:
It's not seven years, it's 23 ;)

Weren't a lot of those bugs or other ones in the original games? Bioware wasn't very good at QA, in both BG and BG2 they poured more and more until the last day, only to find out the game had thousands of bugs - the Bioware book mentions 15000 bugs in BG2, that had to be fixed during the last 3 months before release. Jaheira was apparently still full of bugs on release, for example, not sure how much was fixed after that.

The code was very badly written, "spaghetti code" as one of the devs put it. Beamdog had to deal with that and adapt it to new hardware, and fix what they could which sometimes broke something else, I don't envy their task. At least they persisted and from what I've seen, it's not bad at all.

I'm not sure Beamdog would have been as "colourful" as Larian if they had made BG3, but you can hardly compare what they had to go through with their Enhance Editions to making a new game from scratch.

---

For information, it's not just Baldur's Gate which benefits from the update:
- Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
- Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear
- Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition
- Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition

Now we just need to find the source code for Icewind Dale II. :)
This question regularly comes back in their forums :lol:

This question regularly comes back in their forums :lol:
It's gone poof as BioWare/Interplay lost the floppy's/cd's. Beamdog mentioned there was another way but they don't have the resources, or time required to make the remaster.

Which is typical of the developer and the reason why you don't see any original RPGs from them either. I had high hopes for those unannounced RPGs but they were cancelled.

Weren't a lot of those bugs or other ones in the original games? Bioware wasn't very good at QA, in both BG and BG2 they poured more and more until the last day, only to find out the game had thousands of bugs - the Bioware book mentions 15000 bugs in BG2, that had to be fixed during the last 3 months before release. Jaheira was apparently still full of bugs on release, for example, not sure how much was fixed after that.

I don't think it's the amount of bugs so much as Beamdog simply being anal about hunting them. For example, Bethesda's games probably have a comparable amount of bugs, but they're content to let the fans deal with them on their own.

It's gone poof as BioWare/Interplay lost the floppy's/cd's. Beamdog mentioned there was another way but they don't have the resources, or time required to make the remaster.
It's apparently a tradition with them, they also lost the source code of Neverwinter Nights for the Mac. The dev responsible for that version moved his G4 tower because it was taking a lot of space on his desk, and put it with other computers elsewhere, only to discover the IT got rid of the lot and shredded the hard drives. This was the only copy of the last source code :anxious:

The whole "lost source code" thing could just be folks not willing to share it due to not being sure of its legal ramifications.

Weird, I got through the game with no issues roughly five years ago. And yes, speaking as someone that lived four blocks away from their offices, and showed up unannounced more than once, that team rocks!! Consider mine Beamdog forever, excelsior!!

Last edited:
FYI spaghetti code is a common term in developer language.
I know, but I didn't know the "ravioli" and "lasagna" ones, they're funny :lol:

I'm more sceptical about their translation in French though, I never heard them anyway, we have other colourful names for that. It's probably a regional thing.

I know, but I didn't know the "ravioli" and "lasagna" ones, they're funny :lol:
Yep, they're new for me as well.
Perhaps I can finally shine by combining my mediocre (but actually existing) knowledge of both italian pasta and software development and invent some new code descriptions.

Back
Top Bottom