Pillars of Eternity - 1.05 Patch Notes

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Obsidian released the new 1.05 Patch Notes on the games official forum.

This is a big one. Patch 1.05 features hundreds of bug fixes, balance changes, and new UI features. There are many minor fixes that are not listed in these notes.

Please Note: Save games in 1.05 are not compatible with 1.04 or earlier versions. The game will automatically back up your save games in a special folder in the save game .directory after converting the saves to the new format.<strong class="bbc">[/b]
More information.

Hmmm.......... Looks like they've nerfed the Cipher somewhat. Not happy about that as I liked them the way they were!!

Hmmm………. Looks like they've nerfed the Cipher somewhat. Not happy about that as I liked them the way they were!!

People are complaining about the nerf on Steam & Reddit too. Don't know why anyone would be surprised considering the Cipher was the most OP character in the game.

You call it "OP" and I call it "useful". Especially considering wizard's underwhelming abilities.

For people not actively playing the game and waiting (like myself), it should be noted these are WIP patch notes for a beta to be released later today.

It's funny they're increasing health on wizard and cipher; instead of increasing variation between the classes, they're decreasing it even further. Not the direction I hoped they'd be taking for mechanics with this grand 1.05 update.

Last edited:
I totally agree Drithius! But they also seems to have become aware that a lot of wizards AOE spells are next to impossible to use and made them "foe only".

Nothing much for real time and pause players. Still no hotkeys for potions, scrolls etc

"Spells and abilities stuck in 'Already Activated' state will be fixed whenever a game is loaded."

Thats an important one to me...hopefully Eder will be able to use his Into the Fray ability now.

It depends on the stage of the game you are in.
In the first section your Mage is the most useful.
In the last section your cipher is the most useful.
And for the two hardest fights in the game, the Mage is the most useful.

As I don't want to spoil tactics to everyone, I hid them in the tag. ^^
In the first section you can mostly pull your opponents towards your tank, the best CC you have their is the mage level 1 spell, to create oil which lets all enemies go prone, which is extremely powerful.
This is then later replaced by the ciphers level 6 spell "amplified wave". This spell needs a friendly target, has a huge radius and knocks everyone around it prone. I recommend using +3 Movement boots on your tank. Let the tank rush into the enemy group and then just bomb them with this spell. At that level (before the patch) the Cipher has 70 energy which is enough to cast the spell twice.
For the two hardest fights in the game, the mage is the most powerful because both of these bosses can be petrified, which is a debuff, which does not just stun them but increases the game to 400%. And it has a base time of 20 seconds. So even a grace does that for 10 seconds which is enough time to kill almost everyone in the game.

Edit: I wonder what they mean by "Added new effect when petrified." If it's just a graphical effect of course it won't change much. But this spell would need to be nerfed.

Well there are plenty of good fixes, but I'm playing cipher and like how they are. That kind of radical change (Ciphers now start with 1/4 max Focus instead of 1/2) should not happen after a launch…I Won't be downloading that patch untill i've finished the game.

And whats the point of nerfing traps? Currently the whole 1 trap per 1 party member limit is already limiting their usage and most traps are quite useless to be honest. Then Sawyer goes and does something like this:

Reduced the accuracy on higher level player traps.
And why put timers on modal abilities? More micromanagement just because of micromanagement ? I'm kind of hoping a mod to fix these modals like they are now. Always having to enable modals after every encounter sucks…

Modal abilities now have activation and deactivation timers.

It could mean that you cannot activate a modal, and after your hit deactivate them again during the "cooldown", and then activate it again right before your next attack hits.

Wizard and Priests health multipliers were raised from 3 to 4

Wouhou, melee Priests won't need to rest after every 2 fights anymore!

Liked almost all the changes except the increase of health for Wizards.

No, but once you applied the patch you will not be able to give your copy to a friend who is still using the version 1.04. This is why they are automatically creating backups before converting your savegames into the new format.

Still haven't seen a fix for the Lighthouse bugs. But I recognize a few of the others...

All wall spells should now disappear when combat ends.
Hurray!

Inverted the Stronghold log.
Hurray!

Hmm wonder how many more patched they will do soon. Maybe its time to play. Anyone hear anything about patches further out?

As they are planning to release an Expansion at some point, you would need to wait a couple of years probably until the game is in a state where it is not going to be patched anymore.

Back
Top Bottom