Raven's Cry - Available Now on Steam

The thread says exactly the same thing the Store Page says, DRM V2. No idea what your words 'I read Fresh Info' means, since it's exactly what I wrote. Not to mention, the store page is more recently updated than the thread. I'll just guess it's some misunderstanding.

The thread says exactly the same thing the Store Page says, DRM V2. No idea what your words 'I read Fresh Info' means, since it's exactly what I wrote. Not to mention, the store page is more recently updated than the thread. I'll just guess it's some misunderstanding.
Well, it's not surprising people refuse to believe me after my deliberate exaggerating on some stuff...
Honestly, there is no DRM in Raven's Cry other than Steamworks. If it was, I'd be the first one who'd spit on it.

@Joxer - now I know why you like the game…

Gameplay video
Which scene? It's 4 minutes of random game parts and by quick FF it doesn't seem any sidequeststuff and "secrets" are included.

And yes, I like the game very much.
There are some things I don't like, but it's just too early to say if it's base design or it changes later. For example I was not happy with one shot from pistol and then you're screwed till you reload. Imagine my surprise when I bought another pistol and the captain actually equipped it along with the first one - so now I can (probably) shoot two times prior to reloading.

Everyone who bought Treasure Chest edition directly from Topware received this e-mail:
"We at TopWare Interactive would like to thank you for pre-ordering Raven’s Cry, and we know you’re eager to receive your copy of this extraordinary pirate adventure. We would also like you to have your copy, but we also want you to have the best experience possible. For this reason we decided it was necessary to re-record the vocal performances and to ensure that the gameplay was more effectively balanced. Unfortunately, the professional actors we wanted to use have been all booked up, and are only now available again. Therefore, we have decided to postpone the release of Raven’s Cry until the end of September.

However, you should know that we have made good use of this extra time, so you can look forward to a boatload of additional content and new gameplay elements, most of which we had originally planned to release as DLC. We truly appreciate your patience with us, and thank you for understanding why this postponement is necessary.

Of course, while it would be the last ting we’d want you to do, you always have the right to cancel your order at any time before the final release of the game.

The new release date for the PC, Mac, Linux, and PS4 versions will be at the end of September 2015."

The marked line is about Raven's Cry, enhanced edition. The upgrade will be free for all current game owners.

Maybe they should call the new version 'Raven's Cry: The Less Shitty Edition'. ;)
LOL
Seriously, I don't think anyone who bought the game (assuming it doesn't crash on their PC) thinks it's shitty. TBH I'm more scared that because of Gamespot and similar sites they might have removed the politically incorrect stuff from the game.

I'm playing the game right now...it's silly how some people are so oversensitive, I see no misogynist/whatever propaganda here.
It feels more like original Witcher, but even less restrained( if that's even possible), with the developers trying to portray more "adult" themes and characters, but with little tact, so everything feels a bit over the top and turns into it's own comedy.
Not really a bad game when you take some of it's flaws as extra comedy features.

I'm actually keen to try it out, and this enhanced edition seems like a good opportunity.

I tend to like these flawed euro RPGs, and I've had fun with games like Arcania and the first Two Worlds.

That's not to say either were very good, but definitely not as bad as they were made out to be.

I wouldn't mind trying it out myself, but I'm not paying $55 for it. I'm surprised they're still asking that much considering how poorly it's been received.

I won't be paying that much for it, either. Not sight unseen, anyway.

It's Still 55$? It's best to wait for GOTY edition, then.

Arrgh! A pirate game from Europe. I hope it's from Spain, Portugal, or Holland....or perhaps Somalia :)

Back
Top Bottom