Shareware Repository

crpgnut

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor
This is just an idea I'm throwing out there to see if there is interest:

Before the indie scene resurrected, self made games were fairly common. I think it'd be cool if we could all pool our resources and try to keep these alive. I thinking of the old, old, old stuff that would definitely need Dosbox. Hopefully, some of our skilled IT-types could create working Dosbox setups, but I'm basically just trying to preserve. First thing to do would be to make a list. There used to be sites that covered this kind of thing, but I'm not up to date.

A couple years ago, I posted the game War Wizards and I believe RPGWatch has that game available for download. The original author had lost the game, but I had registered it (bought the full game) and still had it on disk. I sent him a copy and got his blessing to share it. I suggest that we make a minor attempt to reach authors of these oldies, but bascially put up an "We'll take it down if you don't want it here" type of disclaimer.

I would have several contributions; in theory. I have a bunch of shareware, but it is on floppy and I haven't had a floppy drive in ages and I'm not sure if the data is good on these. Things like Helherron, Nahlakh, Natuk, Excelisor: Phase 1 and 2, Yendorian Tales, etc.

Is there interest?

Back
Top Bottom