Witcher 3 - More Character Profiles

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
VGamerZ released two more Character Profiles for The Witcher III this month.

Triss Merigold

triss-character-profile.jpg

Triss Merigold of Maribor is a sorceress and the main protagonist Geralt of Rivia’s close friend, and lover in The Witcher games. She is also a close friend to Geralt’s main lover through the books, Yennefer of Vengerberg. Triss is in love with Geralt and is very jealous of the relationship which Geralt has with Yennefer, even though the bond they share is very complicated. Triss took it upon herself to act as a motherly/sisterly figure to Ciri during her time at Kaer Morhen (the witcher stronghold), where she looked after her and helped the others there to treat her as a growing woman, as opposed to a witcher-to-be, because of this Ciri wasn’t subjected to any mutations.
Ciri

ciri-witcher-2-character-profile.jpg

Princess Cirilla, better known as Ciri, is one of the main characters in Andrzej Sapowski’s novels. She is the daughter of Duny and Pavetta, and grandchild of Queen Calanthe and King Roegner
More information.

Haven't read the articles, but only the quoted snippet:
Princess Cirilla, better known as Ciri, is one of the main characters in Andrzej Sapowski’s novels. She is the daughter of Duny and Pavetta, and grandchild of Queen Calanthe and King Roegner
And, ha! I've just started to read the novels and yesterday read the short story of Calanthe, Geralt, Duny and Pavetta. :D
It's going to be great when I've read all the novels and will (hopefully) get all the references when finally playing TW3.
That helps immersion a lot.

nice reading, wondering if those adventures from the article are the ones we play with ciri in the game :D

Haven't read the articles, but only the quoted snippet:
And, ha! I've just started to read the novels and yesterday read the short story of Calanthe, Geralt, Duny and Pavetta. :D
It's going to be great when I've read all the novels and will (hopefully) get all the references when finally playing TW3.
That helps immersion a lot.

Currently reading the Last Wish also, and that's the last chapter I read as well... These blurbs contain quite some spoilers.
But, I am loving the book and the whole Witcher universe, really. Dark and gritty, and I really like how the monsters and magic are explained with the whole "conjunction of spheres" thing. Good stuff.

Wow, Ciri will be in this game. And she is an adult. And with white hair?
Did they perform the same experiment with the Trial of the Grasses as they did with Geralt?

No, Ciri did have full witcher training but she wasn't subjected to the Trial of Grasses. There was no witcher alive by then who would know how to perform this ritual.

I've read a few of the Witcher books, which are not as bad as some people claim ;-) I agree they are good for background. I seem to be one of the few people who loved the intrigue and politics in the Witcher 2.

Have read all 4 and very jealous of my friend who is reading the 5th ... which I do not believe has been translated into English yet ... if so let me know! I adored the books - excellent reading and fun adventure.

I am glad I did read them as I was very put off by what I had heard of the Witcher in games 1 and 2. Now that I have read the actual books I have grown to like Geralt a lot as a character. Really like his style in the books. So finally going to play a witcher game I think with W3.

Have read all 4 and very jealous of my friend who is reading the 5th … which I do not believe has been translated into English yet … if so let me know! I adored the books - excellent reading and fun adventure.

You can find the last two books translated by fans online if you search for them. A friend of mine has read them and say the translations were very well done.

Every time I read about Ciri and her involvement with The Witcher 3, I can't help speculating they are going to kill Geralt in order to make Ciri the next protagonist. Considering how this is the final Witcher game...

I don't think most fans want a grim dark ending for the story, or Geralt. I think most fans would want him, and his woman, to retire some place they can live peaceful, happy lives until they pass on.

If they kill him, I think they risk pissing off a lot of the fan base.

I kind of expect he and Yennefer will travel to a different plane of existence, to live the rest of there lives. Just a guess though.

retirement is far from being grimdark enough, though.

Depends on the way how you retire I guess. Geralt's "retirement" is pretty grim...

Since they are going to offer multiple endings, both death and retirement could be valid options. Both of them seem heartbreaking, though.

Well, with each volume of the Witcher saga Sapkowski is less and less able to hold the story together and, by the time of the "Lady of the Lake" it gets positively Byzantine. But in the 3rd and 4th volume Criri plays bigger part than Geralt does so it's quite possible to carry on with the franchise without him.

My dear, poor Triss. :-/

Remember that Geralt or Yennefer aren't free agents in this matter. They are both bound by the "last wish" so it's really "can't live with/can't live without" kind of relationship.

Remember that Geralt or Yennefer aren't free agents in this matter. They are both bound by the "last wish" so it's really "can't live with/can't live without" kind of relationship.

Shh! Haven't gotten there yet in the book. ;)

Back
Top Bottom