What games are you playing now?

It's a semi-useful piece. When you select it at the beginning of the level, it brings up a menu of all the non-upgrade plants you have and you pick one. That allows you to have, say, 2 cherry bombs on a level so you don't have to wait as long for a recharge. The downside is that it has a delay on it--you drop it on the lawn as a potato and then it transforms into the plant you picked. So, where you can drop a cherry bomb into a pack of zombies and it will blow up before they eat it, with the imitator they will have enough time to eat it before it transforms and then blows up. I've probably used it most as a 2nd tall nut since the recharge on that is so long.

Alright, I get it. That could come in VERY handy with the Tallnuts, particularly on the rooftop levels, and on top of lily pads on levels with Snorkeling Zombies (they don't have to breathe, but they wear their snorkels because of peer pressure, but making them come out of the water makes them vulnerable to Cattails). Tallnuts and Pumpkins in combo are pretty cool and almost make the game too easy when you use them as a front line, but they do take a LONG time to re-generate, hmmm I'll try that Imitator; might be kinda fun.

I have to agree on the Tree of Wisdom thing. The little bit of silliness you got from feeding to 100 feet doesn't seem worth it, especially if there's nothing further forthcoming. I've now finished adventure four times(!) and it seems a bit harder, but I could be imagining things.
@Sir Markus: I've used the imitatator a few times for things with a long recharge, but you can't duplicate everything as dte points out, and the lag time really only makes it useful for things that are not in the thick of the fray. I tried using it for my sunflowers, to get a boost in the very beginning, but they're tricky with the resources, so even if you get your imitation sunflower up while the other's recharging, there isn't enough sun to buy it, so it's fairly pointless.

Magerette, I see your point. I'm just going to try using other units I never used before to get through the levels; I'm kind of bummed out I'm running out of things to do with this title. (I'm working on my third play through, lol). I feel like I need to turn in my 'twelve-sided' dice for enjoying this game so much, but what the heck.

Magerette, I see your point. I'm just going to try using other units I never used before to get through the levels; I'm kind of bummed out I'm running out of things to do with this title. (I'm working on my third play through, lol). I feel like I need to turn in my 'twelve-sided' dice for enjoying this game so much, but what the heck.
Yeah, I'm starting to feel like I'm turning into an evil 'casual gamer' :) I actually started over under another user name so I could unlock everything again. I probably need to seek help.

Posted in a different thread:

Welcome to the "Fallen Hardcore Gamers Club". Take a seat and we'll do introductions in a moment.

I know that Ive been going on about Jade Empire lately, but it's pretty cool.

Even moreso now that Ive done something in a Bioware rpg that Ive never done before - gone to the dark side. While sure, there's some snarky responses to things, but in JE it goes far deeper than just that (which is what I wasnt expecting). I'm committing some pretty loathsome actions here, and it's got me laughing out loud at the results!
\
kinda spoilerish stuff below (since i cant seem to get the spoiler thing to work)-------***************************************************************

For example, I save a girl from slavers, and all that's left is her and her potential buyer. Instead of the usual saintly admonishment and setting him free, you have the choice to pretty much force her to kill him. If she does, she goes a little nutty for bloodshed, then freaks on her mother who shows up (she was a slave too, freed earlier) and runs off. I was cracking up, it was great! I had to help solve problems w/ a love triangle, and my actions actually led to all three of their deaths!
woah! Again, I'm left cackling away at the wreckage. I tend to get bored after a while playing in the usual fashion, but this has got me wondering hell, what's next?

I think ive been converted to the Dark Side!

I'm faithfully remaining steadfast, the most casual game I've played is Lego Batman! Don't worry everyone, Risen will be out shortly!

@Sam: Yeah, JE allows you to do some pretty hilarious evil stuff. :biggrin: I still had qualms about a lot of stuff even when I tried to play evil, but some situations are just too delicious to pass them up.

And you can actually even
corrupt a companion
- but I'm not sure if that leads anywhere since I've never finished my evil playthrough.

I'm still checking out NWN2 mods. That "Harp & Chrysanthemum" was very nice, even though the ending was abrupt. Apart from that, I'm nearing the end of DMC3 - I'm really having fun with this game! :)

*takes seat* I'm Sir Markus, and I'm a casualgameholic.

I never thought I'd reach this point. We need a new CRPG game to play, this is getting ugly.
I'm hoping Drakensang will pull me back from the edge. ;)

I'm actually at my first impasse in JE, the game hasn't really been too much of a challenge so far, but the fox spirit is totally kicking my ass!

Last night I completed Devil May Cry 3. The funny thing was that I kept quitting the game, and coming back ten minutes later. Interestingly enough, having killed thousands (literally) of demons, I was still hungry for more. In fact, I immediately proceeded to continue playing it, what with the unlocked higher difficulty levels, Vergil as a playable character, and whatnot.

Hm, I may buy DMC4 one day after all... I'm just not sure when I will stop playing this one, even if only occasionally now.

Speaking of an impasse, I'm getting a bit annoyed with FF IV DS right now. I keep getting my ass handed to me by Dr Lugae in the Tower of Babil.

Took a break last night and played a little bit of Prototype and Left 4 Dead.

My first impression of Prototype is a good one. It's a very solid sandbox action game, and even has some minor RPG elements in the form of upgrades. I think I'm going to dive into it full time when I'm done with FF IV.

Left 4 Dead I found to be a fun diversion but not much else. After everyone hyping it up to be so great, I was a bit disappointed.

Well what I heared from prototype from a friend:
A great action game, a lot of fun but after a while it becomes boring, same thing over and over again. Once you killed someone for the so many timed, it gets repetetitive. No little puzzles like god of war

A great action game, a lot of fun but after a while it becomes boring, same thing over and over again. Once you killed someone for the so many timed, it gets repetetitive. No little puzzles like god of war

It's not comparable to a game like God of War.. because it's not just a linear hack & slash platformer like GoW, it offers a lot more than that. I haven't played it enough to say whether or not it becomes "boring" at any point, but I suppose thats going to depend on what one likes.

I had a chance to play a few minutes of that game, and I wasn't impressed at all. Too 'consolized' and too hyper for my tastes.

I had a chance to play a few minutes of that game, and I wasn't impressed at all. Too 'consolized' and too hyper for my tastes.

Well you can't really get the feel for Prototype in just a few minutes. If you ever get the chance, you should play a little deeper.... unless sandbox style just isn't your thing.

I personally think it's a lot more fun than the GTA games, which would probably be it's closest comparison.

I've been playing Two Worlds for the first time. I'm enjoying the game quite a bit aside from the horrid voice acting and the hamhanded attempts at Shakespearean English. People keep calling it an Oblivion clone and other things but I don't really see it. Ooh, it's an open-world RPG, it's a ripoff of Oblivion! Durrr

It's kinda like a mix of Diablo,Gothic and Oblivion but mostly you'll later realise how empty this game is.Wasted opportunity I call it.
Be sure to install the latest patches as they rebalance and fix many things.

Got Europa Universalis 3 Complete for my birthday and has been playing it for about a week. So far it is a damn sweet game with the two expansions, and the worlds development is much less on rails than in the past iterations. Since the game is pretty old by now Paradox (who are known for awful release versions) have managed to patch it up to a fairly bug-free state. I
ve tried Sweden, Ming China, and Spain for very different playing experiences. Two thumbs up.

Bought Empire At War (budget version) in order to support the struggling Woolworth Germany chain a little bit. I hope they won't close, although their future is very difficult.

Back
Top Bottom