What games are you playing now?

have been hankering for a crime spree game lately, and have been wary of GTA IV due to the negative comments (and the price!) I heard about it for so long. Watching some videos of it last night, I think I might have to give it a go-round here when it hits bargain. Ive played cartoony crime (Vice City, and skipped San Andreas) but this one looks pretty realistic. That might be to it's detriment, see Yahtzee's Saint's Row 2 Review.

Although SR2 looks cartoony, it sounds kinda fun in a ridiculous way, but Ive heard horror stories of performance problems in the game. Anyone played it?

Did you try Mafia? I liked it much more than GTA (tried ViceCity and never finished it).

I have spent the entire day with Starcraft: Brood War and I finally reached the Zerg campaign. It's amazing how great this game is even today.

I've been meaning to buy the Starcraft Battlechest, and try it out. But I found Warcraft 3 a real chore to finish so I have my doubts. This whole real-time strategy thing being all about how well you know the keyboard shortcuts and your speed with them is not about strategy, it's just mechanics.

It still sells on Amazon for only $15. LOL!

But, the gameplay? If it's like WC3, then.... I could just be adverse to RTS that really have no time for strategizing.

If you don't like RTS games then it really doesn't matter. There is a small playable demo for Starcraft though, I suggest you try it.

bkrueger - no i havent played Mafia

I dunno about the whole SC>WC3 thing, the ai in Starcraft is far more infuriating than that of Warcraft, i almost had an aneurism last time I had a nostalgic hankering for SC. Getting more than two Goliaths from point a to b is like herding cats! Or any land-based troops bigger than a foot soldier for that matter, then every time you turn your back on them for a second half your troops are headed across the map after an enemy! WC's ai was a bit more refined and obedient, that's my experience anyway.

Then again, maybe I'm not doing it right, it is a national sport after all. I'll stick to Dungeon Keeper when I have to break an old classic out of mothballs for punishment.

Im between office setups, just layed laminate flooring in my newly designated office, in my new house (yay!). Til i get the baseboards cut, painted, installed next weekend I'll be playing RE4 on my laptop w/ a gamepad. One of the greats!

Heh heh, I found a fan-made program on the web that I bet you would liked to have had when you played it. It not only allows you to tweak multiple variables (Graphics, sounds, key mappings, etc.), but also allows you to adjust the mouse sensitivity.

Now I'M wanting to replay it :)

What fan-made program is this?

But, the gameplay? If it's like WC3, then.... I could just be adverse to RTS that really have no time for strategizing.

Even if I have played through WC3 and FT, I am not a fan of the RTS genré. However, I find myself enjoying Starcraft anyway. The story means a lot to me.

Even if I have played through WC3 and FT, I am not a fan of the RTS genré. However, I find myself enjoying Starcraft anyway. The story means a lot to me.

Starcraft is a great space opera. The setting is cool, characters are interesting and its amazing how much they managed to pull off with just animated sprites, animated portraits and great voice-overs.

Starcraft is a great space opera. The setting is cool, characters are interesting and its amazing how much they managed to pull off with just animated sprites, animated portraits and great voice-overs.

Yeah... I am also amazed how innovative it is and how much thought went into building a believeable world. The three races display a really different mindset. Even though they mixed several nationalities, the Terrans still feel very American, paying some homage to the militarized culture of Starship Troopers. The Protoss really act as religious extremists of a very advanced civilization, and the "hivemind" of the zerg collective is displayed very well. Starcraft would do excellent as a roleplaying game as far as I concern. The setting is much more fleshed out than the majority of the titles on the market.

Ah, Starcraft. I started replaying it last summer, and I was going to play through both SC and Brood War. It took me most of the summer to complete SC and get halfway through BW, at which point I just couldn't play anymore. An overdose, so to speak. ;) Yeah, they're great games, and quite long ones.

Which has me thinking: when Blizzard said that they will be releasing SC2 as three games, because the campaigns are *so* long/big, did they mean "Starcraft big"?

I would say that in order to have played that much you have to have at least a decent tolerance for RTS ... which is about where I would put myself. I will play a few but then get completely burned out - at which point I need some months away from the genre.

Ah, Starcraft. I started replaying it last summer, and I was going to play through both SC and Brood War. It took me most of the summer to complete SC and get halfway through BW, at which point I just couldn't play anymore. An overdose, so to speak. ;) Yeah, they're great games, and quite long ones.

Which has me thinking: when Blizzard said that they will be releasing SC2 as three games, because the campaigns are *so* long/big, did they mean "Starcraft big"?

Funny. When I heard SC2 was coming, I decided to do the same thing. The difference is that I never got started with Brood War, but I finished Starcraft last summer, or winter (do not remember). Finishing Brood War was one of my plans this summer, and with 19 days left before my study begins again and only 8 levels more to do, I will.

I am not so fond of too long games though. I am almost preparing to give up GTA4 simply because the game is too long. Long games often make me think on what I do with my life. I prefer games that I can put away after awhile. A couple of summers ago I finished Final Fantasy 7-X-2 one after another, each game take 1-2 weeks to play through. That might have been a bit too much for me.

Last edited:
Capcom has already stated that RE5 will be optimized for the PC. It seems they've finally learned from past mistakes

Yeah, and Bethesda said Radiant AI would revolutionize gaming :D Just color me skeptical until it actually arrives ;)

Back
Top Bottom