Torchlight - PAX Hands-on @ Joystiq

Why must it be the equal of Diablo? I didn't play it much but Kayla played the ass out of it. You can't play the one game forever, you know, so the fact that Diablo is superior is irrelevant if you don't want to play that again. She loves the pets, the fishing and the humour - Diablo doesn't offer a Grand Cheese Head of Extra Sharpness and it doesn't offer a cute little cat that can take your loot back to town for you. It's surprisingly robust and offers a different atmosphere.

I completely agree - it is also pretty family friendly, and I had my kids playing it for quite a while. It had a very different style and feel and was just lots of fun.

I am not a fan of Diablo ... it is my oft-told tale, my wife got #1 for Christmas since I used to like fantasy games way back in the early 80's, and I played it for hours and put it away and didn't touch another RPG until buying NWN Mac in August 2003 in prep for KotOR.

Who could ever forget about mimics? :)

You're right about them being rarely used though, I remember there was one in Baldur's Gate 2 (Umar Hills?), but I believe it was unique.

Has everyone forgot the cool Mimics in Dungeon Lords? :)

Why must it be the equal of Diablo? I didn't play it much but Kayla played the ass out of it. You can't play the one game forever, you know, so the fact that Diablo is superior is irrelevant if you don't want to play that again. She loves the pets, the fishing and the humour - Diablo doesn't offer a Grand Cheese Head of Extra Sharpness and it doesn't offer a cute little cat that can take your loot back to town for you. It's surprisingly robust and offers a different atmosphere.

It's not about what it must be - it's about me preferring one game over the other, because I consider it better.

Diablo 2 is better than Diablo in most ways, and Diablo is better than FATE in most ways.

That's MY OPINION, and that's why *I* personally don't get the love for FATE.

Probably, other people like different things - and as such, FATE doesn't have to be superior in my eyes.

Back
Top Bottom