RPGs with dragons

Maybe first video game you played with a dragon?

Atari Adventure. (Well, they are supposed to be dragons. They looked a bit more like mutant ducks on springs.)

1. Divinity II
  2. Drakan: Order of the Flame

When it comes to dragons, those are my favorites. With Drakan first, due to better level design (no need for stupid "anti-dragon-zones"). On the other hand, Drakan is less of an RPG.

Ah, the joy of lists.

No-one bigged-up Knights of the Chalice yet? Loads of dragons in that.

Stonekeep. You help one.

Kings Bounty : The Legend + King's Bounty : Armored Princess. There, they can be "used" as army units.

DDO. There, they have human form, too !

Kings Bounty : The Legend + King's Bounty : Armored Princess. There, they can be "used" as army units.
There's also the dragon "pet", with offensive benefits, in case of Armored Princess.

I think both of the later Kings Bounty games had plenty of dragons, too.

There's also the dragon "pet", with offensive benefits, in case of Armored Princess.

Ah, yes, how could I forget that ! *facepalm*

Aye, you couldn't help but notice the wide variety of dragons available as units in those King's Bounty offerings. I think that added to my overall enjoyment of those games, I see dragons as huge, melee enthusiasts! And when they get tired of swinging claws and biting, then they can puff a fireball at the opposition.

Alas you can't charm them. There was some game where you could charm dragons but I don't remember what game it was.... anyone ?

Aye, you couldn't help but notice the wide variety of dragons available as units in those King's Bounty offerings. I think that added to my overall enjoyment of those games, I see dragons as huge, melee enthusiasts! And when they get tired of swinging claws and biting, then they can puff a fireball at the opposition.

There was one game where you could capture "souls" of your enemys in kind of soul crystals. But I don't think that was a Might and Magic game. Probably either a D&D game or something from Spiderweb.

There was one game where you could capture "souls" of your enemys in kind of soul crystals. But I don't think that was a Might and Magic game. Probably either a D&D game or something from Spiderweb.

There's many with similar mechanics, but none that I remember having dragons.
Just for instance: Morrowind (and other TES games), which let you capture enemy souls in soul gems, used for enchanting items.

Back
Top Bottom