Fallout 4 What's Your Favorite Weapon?

Thrasher

Wheeee!
Fairly early on a legendary dropped an explosive shotgun. Talk about OP... It's my problem solver but I can easily kill myself if enemies get too close. :) Also, enjoy the hilarity of making enemies fly.

Overseer's Guardian, by a landslide. It's a unique combat rifle, with a very common ammo type and incredible damage. It's a shame there aren't more unique items like it; the only way to get a better weapon is some random luck that I still haven't experienced despite playing through it twice.

I'm with you on the explosive shotgun. It is the best weapon in the game. Why? It does 15 damage/pellet and can kill 3 or 4 Gen2 synths with one shot on hard. I use Overseer's Guardian if I need a little discretion with my kills or if they get close. I've killed myself numerous times when firing the EXPLODOGUN at close range :D

I've got the shotgun modded and with the rifle perks I do 144 damage+15/pellet which is insane. Of course, shotgun shells are rare-ish, so I have the ammo scavenging perk maxed and also buy every shell I come across.

I have a legendary shotgun that does an additional 25% damage. Its my goto for anything hard and close.

I prefer my 10 mm pistol and sniper rifle otherwise.

I have a legendary shotgun that does an additional 25% damage. Its my goto for anything hard and close.

I prefer my 10 mm pistol and sniper rifle otherwise.

I always open with the sniper rifle and it is my go to weapon outdoors. I'll climb and snipe everything that I can before clearing out the rest with the shotgun. The Corvega plant is an amazing dungeon for the sniper. There are ruins across the street from it that will allow you to clear the whole outdoor area before even coming close to the actual dungeon.

If you use a sniper rifle often, you might want to install a mod that causes unlooted corpses to glow. This makes it quite easy to find those long distance kills. It is also great for grassy/wooded areas.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4380/?

My best weapon is a fast shooting (but not automatic) .45 wounding rifle.

Favorite - gauss rifle. Any.

Most used - wounding combat shotgun in first half, Prototype UP77 in second half. Upgraded of course. These are their base (moment when found) stats:

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

If you use a sniper rifle often, you might want to install a mod that causes unlooted corpses to glow. This makes it quite easy to find those long distance kills. It is also great for grassy/wooded areas.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4380/?

Hmm I don't have the scrapper perk (yet). I don't feel like cheating it in. Darn. Would really like this. Is there way to remove the requirement for scrapper?

I've got the shotgun modded and with the rifle perks I do 144 damage+15/pellet which is insane. Of course, shotgun shells are rare-ish, so I have the ammo scavenging perk maxed and also buy every shell I come across.

I've only got level 2 rifleman and level 2 gun nut mods, and my damage reads 120 +15/pellet. Plus I think explosive damage is added on top of that. Quite the game changer early on. It's a lot of fun but too easy, so I reserve it for oh shit moments. :)

Last edited:
The two weapons I had the longest were the Serrated Chinese Sword and the Furious Power Fist.

23202901282_4e5deffa48_o.png

Furious Power fist turns Cait into a devastating side-kick. Too bad she's a bitch.

My favorite guns are a modified Combat Shotgun that does 15 points fire damage along with its mods for about 164 total. Then, modded Gauss Rifle for about 340 damage for sniping. Also, Reba II modded for about 120, then a modded Laser Rifle for about 115. The Deliverer has about 51 damage.

I'm fully sneak & snipe with my modded armor. I rarely use PA. All the mods are with perks and work benches, not downloaded mods.

Any sniper rifle plus Grog Axe or the fist weapon off that named monster that was in the middle of town. Guns are semi-neat, but an axe to the face resolved 99% of my conflicts in Fallout Four. I only carried two firearms with me the rest got turned into scrap to make hundreds of turrets.

Only used power armour once myself, when it was an obvious part of the scenario. One of my settlers used a suit that I neglected to remove the power core from, after that happened I stuck all the cores far away from the circle of suits!

The key I found that worked for me as far as melee combat is concerned is strike and move, rinse and repeat. Either most of the creatures in the game are naturally sluggish or having an eight agility really helped. Also, having a sustained dot on your weapon of choice is a nice option to choose, I had one of those plus stagger, which makes for an awesome duo of effects.

Behemoths, deathclaws, or miraluk queens with melee seems like suicide.
Peh.
Wait till you stumble upon Legendary Assaultron Dominator, then I'm gonna ask you who's cat purrs black wool.

Behemoths slowed me down maybe an extra two minutes at most. Padding hit points won't save them from a plus fifty axe to the face! At best the mobs are working fractions when I'm dealing calculus, and if my mutt actually does a take down on my target the fight is basically over.

Back
Top Bottom