Holdfast: A Gamebook of Dwarven Vengeance

Drithius

Magic & Loss
Remember the Ars Magica kickstarter that had a lot of promise but never got fully funded? Well, I got an email from them notifying me about a new, smaller project they're trying to put together.

It's a gamebook (ie., turn to page 234 if the battle with the gruesome orc was successful) but I think it bears promise. Take a look: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blackchickenstudios/holdfast-a-gamebook-of-dwarven-vengeance

As you progress through the gamebook, you’ll gather items, discover resources, command improvements to your fortress, and prepare it against a vast army. The enhancements you make can grant you powerful boons, equipment and unlock new adventures. Your fortress can also lead to different endings, depending on your foes, alliances and choices.

Holdfast upgrades include walls and defensive weapons, such as traps, economic and crafting buildings, such as inns and forges, and personnel, including your personal guard. You can choose to go it alone, too, and dwarven history is filled with desperate last stands, ending in legendary, but inevitable, sacrifices…

Back
Top Bottom