What I've Been Watching: The Catch-All Film Thread

I'm confused - you enjoy watching these movies but you don't want to see these movies.... - no what you said is that you weren't interested in these movies but you enjoy watching them - so you enjoy watching things that don't interest you - but that is confusing.

It's about enjoying the company.

Something like thousands of players who hate certain games yet are enjoying playing them with friends or relatives. And then shill for those coop games they actually hate on forums. :evilgrin:

Tried watching Black Panther to see what all the fuss was about. Bored me senseless. Usual clunky script and unfocussed plot.

Well, have to bear in mind that I don't think much of the Marvel movies in general, but I thought this was particularly poor. Just a pretty bad film, IMO.

Well, have to bear in mind that I don't think much of the Marvel movies in general, but I thought this was particularly poor. Just a pretty bad film, IMO.

I thought it looked pretty bad from the very first previews. I haven't seen it and don't plan to. I still don't understand how it did as well as it did at the box office, but we all know sales don't equal quality when it comes to movies.

On a side note, Solo has already doubled what Black Pather did in pre-sale tickets.

Lets face it anything Marvel puts out will draw an "automatic" fan base as far as ticket sales. It is the safest bet any studio could make at this point. Glad 2049 go made and finally turned a small profit because that is the kind of risk studios look at before green lighting. I do wonder if we will see any more big budget risks or if we will have to look to the likes of Netflix for "true" creative content creation soon.

I thought Black Panther was pretty good, actually. It was in many ways refreshingly different from other Marvel films and super heroes. Good soundtrack, too. I also found Black Panther to be the most interesting super hero in Captain America: Civil War, short as his appearance was.

Have to agree. Went into it without many expectations, got some genuine fun and you know already I'm not easily entertained.
If there was some fuss somewhere, I didn't notice it.

It won't answer purpose of life question, but if you're looking for some fun, I have to recommend it.

On a side note, Solo has already doubled what Black Pather did in pre-sale tickets.
When I grow up I want Solo's marketing company.

Oh and Destiny's too.

I'm confused - you enjoy watching these movies but you don't want to see these movies…. - no what you said is that you weren't interested in these movies but you enjoy watching them - so you enjoy watching things that don't interest you - but that is confusing.
What @joxer; said, actually. I enjoy watching movies with my son. The movies don't matter - watching them together does.
So while I personally don't care all that much for the Solo movie (because I never was a huge fan of Han, Chewie or smugglers and crime lords in general), I'm looking forward to munching popcorn, giggling and debating scenes with sonny.

A Quiet Place
Actually this was a pleasant surprise. Not the be-all-end-all horror flick everyone is talking about (that goes to Hellraiser for me), but a good watch nevertheless.

A Quiet Place
Actually this was a pleasant surprise. Not the be-all-end-all horror flick everyone is talking about (that goes to Hellraiser for me), but a good watch nevertheless.

Is there a new Hellraiser, or are you talking about the original?

I didn't watch that supposedly scifi/horror. And won't.

What I've heard about it from people who did watch it was "preaching" about trashmobs indestructibility yet those were easily disposed off with a mere shotgun. I can't remember all of the sillyness discussed, but I do remember mentioned corn field in pitch perfect shape even after a year or so although humanity is supposedly almost extinct and the most silent baby ever.

If it was trash movie, I'd most probably go for it for laughs on deliberate inconsistencies. Apparently, it's trying to be serious, so... Sorry.

Is there a new Hellraiser, or are you talking about the original?

Oh, I'm referring to the original.
Allegedly, there is a reboot in the making after so many disappointing sequels - but I doubt if it ever could reach the brilliance of the first one.
(Yeah, I'm in the minority who thinks the original It with Tim Curry was better than the streamlined remake)

Oh, I'm referring to the original.
Allegedly, there is a reboot in the making after so many disappointing sequels - but I doubt if it ever could reach the brilliance of the first one.
(Yeah, I'm in the minority who thinks the original It with Tim Curry was better than the streamlined remake)

It's been years since I've watched any of the Hellraiser movies, but I recall liking the original and the second film as well.

As far as the new IT, I'm not sure if I'd call it steamlined. You realize that was only the first part, right? The second half is reportedly due out next year.

Then don't.
I mean don't rant about it :)
I have to rant. That movie was advertised like crazy over here as if it's second coming. At the same time actual gems pass by unnoticed just because they didn't invest 90% of the budget into marketing.

Back
Top Bottom