Elder Scrolls VI - Maybe PC, XBOX Exclusive

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Games Radar report that the Elder Scrolls VI may not be coming to Playstation 5. In short nothing has been confirmed yet and this is a bit of a sensational headline.

"Is it possible to recoup a $7.5 billion investment if you don't sell Elder Scrolls 6 on the PlayStation?" Kotaku's Stephen Totillo asks Spencer, who quickly replies with, "yes." Spencer elaborates after a pause, making sure to point out that the ZeniMax acquisition "was not done to take games away from another player base like that."

However, Spencer does that say he thinks about "where people are going to be playing and the number of devices that we had, and we have xCloud and PC and Game Pass and our console base, I don't have to go ship those games on any other platform other than the platforms that we support in order to kind of make the deal work for us. Whatever that means."

[...]

More information.

If you're Microsoft/Bethesda, that's what you should do. It would be the biggest system seller at least since Halo for them, maybe ever. I don't really want them to because I still plan to buy a PS5 before an Xbox Series X. But it makes sense for them.

Seems like a coin toss if TES6 even comes out on the next gen systems about to release...

7,5 Billions ? The price of making this games is insane !
No, of course, it's Millions, not Billions.

They’re talking about the cost of the bethesda/zenimax acquisition not the cost of making tes 6.

I’m not a fan of exclusives and maybe I’m out of touch but don’t most gamers game on multiple platforms anyway?

I just realized that people who weren't even born when Skyrim came out will be old enough to play TES VI.

On another note, i'm playing another round of Skyrim over my Steamlink with a PS4 controller, and it feels just like using the console (although load times are much faster, and it sure looks prettier). Even if 6 doesn't come out on PS5, I (meaning we) can pretend it did.

I just realized that people who weren't even born when Skyrim came out will be old enough to play TES VI.
Damn you for making me feel old…:p

It'll probably be another five or more years since Starfield is the next game to get released. ZeniMax Online also has a new MMO being announced soon to the public.

My biggest worry is I wont see another Fallout game in the next ten years.:(

As for going full exclusive I doubt it. It would kill the revenue stream. Though there is probably a slim chance it might go exclusive for a few months to push GamePass.

They’re talking about the cost of the bethesda/zenimax acquisition not the cost of making tes 6.
Yeah Microsoft went big and bought every Studio and Ip that's why. I wonder if it was the most expensive game accusation ever? I'm hoping to see more sequels to the IP's.

Maybe even a proper open world Shadowrun RPG this time by one their RPG studios.

I'm not sure how much of a system seller TES VI would really be. The PS5 will have already been out for several years by the time it's released.

Besides, if someone is going to buy a system just for that game, there's no reason to purchase a PS5 over an Xbox Series X. Afaik, they're going to be the same price.

I think what MS wants to do is change the thinking on which console is the best option. It's only anecdotal, but almost everyone I know with a console goes PlayStation, because most big games are on both platforms, but the balance of desirable exclusives heavily favours PS4. I think MS has woken up to that danger.

On another note, i'm playing another round of Skyrim over my Steamlink with a PS4 controller, and it feels just like using the console (although load times are much faster, and it sure looks prettier). Even if 6 doesn't come out on PS5, I (meaning we) can pretend it did.

Steamlink works very fine for me as well. Played that way for example Sekiro and Dark Souls 3. Those are perfect games to use controller iso m+k, at least for me. And I also fell for Steam controller and its my prefered choice when playing with controller on PC. Both are also often significant arguments why I buy games on Steam.

In any case, wouldnt play TES game on console if it was released on PC. It always was best fit for those games for me.

Yeah Microsoft went big and bought every Studio and Ip that's why. I wonder if it was the most expensive game accusation ever?

They were accused of what? :p :p

Steamlink works very fine for me as well. Played that way for example Sekiro and Dark Souls 3. Those are perfect games to use controller iso m+k, at least for me. And I also fell for Steam controller and its my prefered choice when playing with controller on PC. Both are also often significant arguments why I buy games on Steam.

In any case, wouldnt play TES game on console if it was released on PC. It always was best fit for those games for me.

I'm still trying to get used to the Steam Controller. Some things it does very well, but it's also a bit of a learning curve, more in regards to muscle memory.

Also i'm an old Greybeard. Since I sit at a desk all day, I can't do it much longer at home, so I need the couch/bed. :biggrin: Hence the console experience.

I'm still trying to get used to the Steam Controller. Some things it does very well, but it's also a bit of a learning curve, more in regards to muscle memory.

Also i'm an old Greybeard. Since I sit at a desk all day, I can't do it much longer at home, so I need the couch/bed. :biggrin: Hence the console experience.

Couch or bed and big TV with controller (or handheld) often sounds as great idea to me as well. Unfortunately the equasion with greybeard and bed or sofa on one side has usually sleeping on the other side. So playing on PC at desk is lately the way to go for me :)

Just get a bed and put the PC right next to you problem solved.:biggrin:

Did this when I had stomach/intestine surgery a few years back.

workstation5.jpg

:thumbsup:

That works as well. :nod:

As I can't stand sitting on a small office chair to play games & watch movies.

Back
Top Bottom