Need Desperate help (ME2)

lordviper146

Traveler
I recently bought mass effect 2 from the store and went to install the dvd on my pc (windows vista os).

The installation runs as it should until the point where it asks me to insert disk 2.
At this point nothing i can do will make the installation continue just get left with an infuriating error box asking me to insert disk 2 or cancel installation.

Other guides say you can extract the rars and put all the data into your computer so this problem doesnt occur but trying this just gives me a 3 mile error report saying none of the files were able to extract.

any help would be appreciated

I really haven't heard anything - I would definitely suggest checking out the official Bioware Mass Effect forums for help. I'm running the Steam version which installed flawlessly.

Other guides say you can extract the rars and put all the data into your computer so this problem doesnt occur but trying this just gives me a 3 mile error report saying none of the files were able to extract.

That sounds like it's either your cd/dvd drive, or the disc itself. If you're not having problems with any other disc then I suggest taking that copy back to the store and asking for an exchange.

Quick search says that a likely candidate is if you have multiple drives - including virtual ones, and particularly if you have Dragon Age loaded into one of them.

Back
Top Bottom