Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » The Most Messed Up, Crazy Quests

Default The Most Messed Up, Crazy Quests

January 7th, 2019, 01:02
WatchMojo has a pretty good top 10 list:
loading…

Another one would be the witches' quest in Kingdom Come: Deliverance
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

January 7th, 2019, 12:56
WatchMojo is hollywoodcentric garbage of a site. In rare occassions they do try to cover something from elsewhere and the result is unbelievably cringy. Basically, if you wanna get some laugh how an a site can be ignorant and stupid, either go for WatchMojo or equally horrible Looper.

When it comes to games, WatchMojo ignores PC. Now lemme see that yet another top10 they did - and I bet it's consolecentric.

------------------------------------------
ME2 Overlord DLC is in the list. WTF? How exactly is that messed up? It's there so you get another recruit in ME3. Depending on your choice at the end of DLC, ofc.

I didn't see any witches KCD quest in the list.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 110 Post(s)

January 7th, 2019, 15:01
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
ME2 Overlord DLC is in the list. WTF? How exactly is that messed up?
Dude plugging his autistic math savant brother to a VI without doing much testing so Cerberus can "mind control" all Geth is not messed up?
--
It's developer is owned by Sony which means it'll remain a hostage of inferior hardware. ~ joxer

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)

January 7th, 2019, 15:11
It would be messed up it the autistic person did it to his nonautistic brother. As it's not so, there is nothing messed up there. Quite the contrary, it's the usual abuse of unable to defend case told in a nonmessed up way.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

January 7th, 2019, 15:41
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Dude plugging his autistic math savant brother to a VI without doing much testing so Cerberus can "mind control" all Geth is not messed up?
Yeah, I found that one seriously disturbing, to the point where I usually rush through the quest now whenever I replay ME2. It is rather interesting and well written though, just completely messed up.

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Maylander

January 13th, 2019, 15:36
It would be messed up it the autistic person did it to his nonautistic brother. As it's not so, there is nothing messed up there. Quite the contrary, it's the usual abuse of unable to defend case told in a nonmessed up way.
Sounds like an entry for TV Tropes.

What I find even more disturbing is this racism towards autistic people these days.
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

January 13th, 2019, 15:57
Erm, my problem is definetly the use of "messed up" here. Messed up sounds to me as deliberate not using "fucked up". Which would mean something poorly done.
Seems to me the article author uses "messed up" for a proper storyline yet variety of unusual outcomes. Which is kinda odd to me, then again:
- english is not my language
- I have already problems with "pissed" meanining something different depending on location
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

January 13th, 2019, 17:36
Erm, my problem is definetly the use of "messed up" here. Messed up sounds to me as deliberate not using "fucked up".
Actually, that's correct. See "South Park" and all those "this is pretty fucked up right here" lines. It's not the quest mechanics that are messed up, though, it's the whole situation. Basically, if reality (or society or whatever) was actually working as we think it should, the situation wouldn't be happening, so reality/society/whatever is messed up.

Witcher 3's quest gets extra points. Not only do you start out with this rather nasty man showing affect for a little monster, it's also a beautiful thing. Grotesque and beautiful aren't supposed to happen at the same time but there it is, happening in your very own head!
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

Tags
strange, weird, wtf
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » The Most Messed Up, Crazy Quests