Anthem - Open Demo Available

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@DSOGaming The open demo for Anthem is available until February 3rd.

Electronic Arts and Bioware have announced that the open demo for Anthem is currently live and available for download to everyone. The open demo will run until February 3rd and will give you an idea of what you can expect from this new multiplayer game.

[...]
More information.

Count me as another that doesn't care and wont be playing this.

Let me know when the new Dragon Age is released.

As I'm not interested in online only Looter Shooters.

The time people take to say they won't play it...in so many threads lately.

Better five negative comments then none at all. If you want positive comments go visit IGN, or some other Online only coverage website. Anyway enjoy your microtransactions.

And constant load screens.

Yes, because that is exactly what I said....

Couch is on a roll lately with all the things he crusades against.
Well things I hate most about PC gaming in 2019 so far…

1. The rise of exclusivity on PC clients like Epic
2. Online sever based live services
3. SP games that require servers to play
4. Anything that has EA as a publisher
5. Political gaming journalists

Don't see that changing anytime soon.
Couch when is the last time you liked a game.

I picture you smashing laptops at home.
Simply put indie RPGs are where my interest lie nowadays. As Triple A RPG games have lost the spotlight. So to answer I just finished Atom loved it, and started PoE 2.

The next DLC for Kingdom Come: Deliverance "Band of Bastards" is near release and I enjoyed that game. Glad it got third place on our GOTY Poll. It deserved the spot.

I'm also looking forward to a bunch of RPGs this year just not big budget games. I wont even list the other non RPG games I have an interest in playing this year.

Last edited:
I'm curious enough to at least try it. Downloading now…

Any good?

I was going to give the demo a play but I don't have space to install it and cbf finding something to delete. Playing the new Ace Combat at the moment, anyway. I fucking love fighter jets! :)

2. Online sever based live services
3. SP games that require servers to play

These are 2 things I'm against, too.

But, you know : Online = DRM.

And since it is so, it won't change.

Good that I have GOGged. (Means I bought many games through GOG).

1. The rise of exclusivity on PC clients like Epic

When was the last time a Mario game was released for PC ?

Well I downloaded and tried it for a while. It is very much a multiplayer shooter, I like playing by myself to accommodatea my health limitations. While you can do that with Anthem, it isn’t set up like that. Pity, as it gorgeous to look at and very smooth and nice depth (for a shooter). One to miss for me.

I didn't see any way to play solo, at least not for the story missions. Maybe I was missing something? I was automatically joined with 3 other players for each mission.

I can't see how anyone would be able to finish those missions solo anyways. Not unless the enemies are automatically scaled back when there are less players.

The visuals, especially in the environments, are really good. Combat is tight, and the firefights are chaotic and intense. Bosses are big-time bullet sponges.

Other than some connection issues, it seemed pretty solid to me. It's definitely a looter shooter though and nothing more. It's fun for the moment, but overall I don't find it particularly compelling.

I didn't see any way to play solo, at least not for the story missions. Maybe I was missing something? I was automatically joined with 3 other players for each mission.
I've downloaded it as well but now I don't want to even start it...

Ive downloaded but haven’t tried it yet. I thought my son said you could play solo if you wanted to. Ill have to check it out later when i get home.

I won't play this, until Dart has spent 150 hours on it and still has a positive opinion of it.

Will this be the second game I own in Origin? I can't wait to know.
(Burnout: Paradise was free :p)

The time people take to say they won't play it…in so many threads lately.

Completely agree. Thousands and thousands of milliseconds spent on writing these posts. So much time wasted. :(

Back
Top Bottom