Conan Exiles - Currencies, Map Room and More

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
MassivelyOP reports on the changes coming to Conan Exiles based on a recent developer stream. Also of note are the new forums for the game which you can visit here.

If you missed last week’s Conan Exiles stream, you actually missed some good stuff. The big news centers on the economic system en route for the game. Funcom explains that players will be able to find and trade – and even forge – different types of coinage and currencies, as well as trade with NPC merchants and thrall-traders, chiefly in the Unnamed City, which is due for quite the overhaul with new NPCs. Fast travel will also be possible via craftable map rooms.

[...]

More information.

No new dick/boob stretching options?
Disappointing.

You know Joxer you complain about that stuff in the Witcher but here you are looking for it? :)

If there turns out to be anything worthwhile in the single player version, I'll be getting it at some time. If it's just another online game, I'll just be taking a huge pass on the whole affair.

This game just sounds like a big failure waiting to happen. Dunno.

Well, with Funcom's lackluster success list (looks pretty empty to me), I'm not exactly holding my breath on this one being any different. I'm open to being massively wrong, though!

The product is already a success. They are the company that made the most of the streaming scene to spur sales. It worked very well.

I wouldn't agree, in my cadre of friends and associates, Funcom doesn't enjoy the best of reputations. Most people over the age of five can tell quality when they see it, or the lack thereof. I love Conan and the universe he and his friends inhabit, but I'd really have to hear some positive affirmation about this game from people I trust before I'd spend a cent on it.

Quality sells now. What a piece of news.

Now TW3, because it sold, is quality. Or the GOTY of this site, because it sold, is quality.

@ChienAboyeur;
I agree Exiles is a success, but I disagree that it is quality. As Bylos (Exiles developer) explains below, quality was not their goal.

The team discovered that if they made a survival game that was only moderately successful, the company would be able to climb out of debt. "These games sell a lot, but they're not that high quality." Bylos explained. "We could definitely hit that bar."

They were extremely happy when streamer all went to create their naked characters and bounce around with real time physics.. quality stuff.

The quote is gold. Basically, to explain the poor quality level in their product, they characterized similar products as intrinsically poor.
Convenient as convenient.

They took a lot from from ARK and that one was from release on a different quality level. Streamers keep playing it and communities are organized around it.

It can be said that ARK is poor. It can also be said that ARK and Conan are as poor.
Everything can be said. Even that streamers keep playing Conan with the same enthusiasm as when just released.

Back
Top Bottom