Champions Online - Anyone else?

Dwagginz

Tea Addict
Started the demo/trial thing today and I have to say I'm really, really enjoying it.

I've got some problems with it but I think it's just because I'm running it through Steam (As I got the demo/trial from there) and I might have the settings up a bit high. I turned the "comic book outlines" off and it looks much better now (I hated them in Borderlands and Silverfall, hence why I don't own the latter and partially why can't play the former).

So, for those who play it:
1. Any tips for a newbie? I've got an unarmed character and one that uses pistols (Used a default archetype for both of them, I think), so any little tips are useful.
2. Keyboard + Mouse or Controller? It seems geared to both almost equally well.
3. Any rookie mistakes to look out for?

Thanks for the help!

Edit: Oh, and I think I'm playing on an EU server. Not sure as it didn't seem to say.

Started the demo/trial thing today and I have to say I'm really, really enjoying it.

I've got some problems with it but I think it's just because I'm running it through Steam (As I got the demo/trial from there) and I might have the settings up a bit high. I turned the "comic book outlines" off and it looks much better now (I hated them in Borderlands and Silverfall, hence why I don't own the latter and partially why can't play the former).

So, for those who play it:
1. Any tips for a newbie? I've got an unarmed character and one that uses pistols (Used a default archetype for both of them, I think), so any little tips are useful.
2. Keyboard + Mouse or Controller? It seems geared to both almost equally well.
3. Any rookie mistakes to look out for?

Thanks for the help!

Edit: Oh, and I think I'm playing on an EU server. Not sure as it didn't seem to say.

I played it from beta to a month or two after release, so it's probably changed a lot. It was in bad shape back then with almost no content at the higher levels.
Back then, you HAD to take a passive defensive ability to be effective (regen was the most popular at the time). I played keyboard+mouse and it was perfectly fine.

Back
Top Bottom