No Man's Sky (next) tips and hints

You can get a free capital ship in less then 2 hours if you get the right quest. …
You get a freebie one by following main quests and expand the base sidequest chains.
But it's a lousy one. Best thing to do with it? Completely ignore it till you get enough $ to buy yourself a proper one with more space.
If you're progressing at a steady pace, I'd say S class dreadnoughts are completely optional.
Have to agree with this. All it adds is Assassins Creed 2 and 3 or Yakuza 0 style missions that are basically Travian countdown counters. Results are always $ and trash to sell for $, always less than you earn normally during that time and never something impossible to get anywhere else you'd care about. Also, frigates get damaged and repairing them is a design crime. On top of it, you can't use it as your space base as it's not possible to add a teleport portal on it - not sure if it's a bug or a bad joke.
S class multi-tools are where I fall behind. I simply haven't seen any with a decent amount of space for mods on them. I usually find the pistol types when what I really want is a rifle. Oh well. :p
The initial multitool is rubbish and you need to ditch it ASAP. But you don't need a full 24 slots multitool as the second one… 12ish slots one will do. Sorry, I'll explain that later why, too many stuff to write on that matter.
Btw, there is a multitool pool bug in the game - warp into a system that has pistols, drop on the planet then reload and it'll switch to rifles. Something like that, I didn't bother to read details really as pool switching doesn't guarantee S class tool especially alien or experimental one.
While the initial tool is garbage, the second doesn't need to be anything special nor expensive, but you do want the third tool to be S class of either alien or experimental multitool, not a pistol or rifle.

Anyhow my day went into unplanned RL stuff and atrocious gambling design crime within NMS so I didn't prepare everything I've wanted to post about. I need a few more hours. Okay?

Last edited:
Also, frigates get damaged and repairing them is a design crime. On top of it, you can't use it as your space base as it's not possible to add a teleport portal on it - not sure if it's a bug or a bad joke.

Yeah, both of these really bother me. I'd love to have a dreadnought as my base. And the repair upkeep is bothersome, so much that I don't bother to look at it anymore. I should be sending them on expeditions, but I don't.

but you do want the third tool to be S class of either alien or experimental multitool, not a pistol or rifle.

I actually went to look at my multitool. I was pretty sure I didn't have an S tier tool, but it turns out I did - an alien one, to be precise. I decked it out with the bullet spread ability and plasma grenades, or whatever the name is. Bullet spread is remarkably handy for Sentinels.

If I recall correctly, the trick to tool "reloading" was to land on the planet and check to see what it was. If the tool wasn't an S tier, you had to fly back to the space station then back to planet and check again. I think there's a "pull pool" that it rotates through, but I can't be sure. Also, that method worked back in August, and I don't know if it's still applicable today. But after loading up my save, I remember doing it that way. My luck was horrible otherwise. Getting tools with 24 slots wasn't an issue, but coming across an S tier one was near impossible at the time it seemed.

You get a freebie one by following main quests and expand the base sidequest chains.
But it's a lousy one.

Hmmm, unless they changed it, its completely random.
I have two hardcore saves, one got an Srank on the first freebie quest with two inventory slots less than max, the other got a B rank with the least number of slots.

I also play "offline".
There are a number of fantastic mods out there as well.
I suggest staying away from any that are similar to cheating, as discussed above, the end of the content comes fast enough, if you cheat through the progress part you will likely regret it.

If I recall correctly, the trick to tool "reloading" was to land on the planet and check to see what it was. If the tool wasn't an S tier, you had to fly back to the space station then back to planet and check again.
Not quite, here's the "strategy" where a player can force multitool shuffling in a system hoping a great one will emerge:
https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyT..._space_stations_in_next_to_farm_rare/?depth=1
No reason to torture yourself with that - it's trying to make sense of slotmachine/gambling mechanics to "win", and the process needs to be repeated for too many of hours and there is still no guarantee you'll get lucky.
Thanks to Stargate portals that were added to the game, we don't have to do this but go for a system where someone else already found an alien or experimental multi tool.
Note that we on PC have one more thing superior to consoles. Mods. While no mod will add you an alien/experimental multi tool somewhere, at least there is a mod that guarantees getting S one. Will cover it all in another, separate, post.
Hmmm, unless they changed it, its completely random.
I have two hardcore saves, one got an Srank on the first freebie quest with two inventory slots less than max, the other got a B rank with the least number of slots.

I also play "offline".
There are a number of fantastic mods out there as well.
The frigate quest is not random. Once you unlock the travel between star systems, getting the frigate freebie can happen immediately.
To trigger a frigate defence quest again, you need to play the game for cca 4 hours (or leave it running) then jump from one system to another a few times and it'll trigger. In this case it depends on economy of a system which frigate will need your help. If it happens in pisspoor economy system, you'll be defending a tiny and lousy frigate, in rich systems you'll be defending a huge one.
The random factor however determines if it'll be C, B, A or S. Again, consoles need to grind it over and over trying to win a lottery. We on PC do not need to waste time on this.

Note that I did waste hours on the slot machine of everything. After more than 100 hours of game I've finally spotted a S class hauler - with 39/6 slots. At the same time I'm driving a hauler of A class 48/8. Well whoever decided to torture players like that should be banned from games industry.
Don't be me. A videogame shouldn't be a slotmachine, it's design crime.
Again, I'll cover it in a separate post. But lemme see my opening post first, as it needs drastic changes.

2. Getting the second multi tool and shaking your money maker

Did you visit at least 5 alien space stations and have you unlocked teleport portals travel? Space stations, not trading posts on planets/moons!
If you didn't, do that first. How? I said in the first post do main quests asap and the base expanding sidequest chain(s), didn't I? That's how.

Obviously you've realized the initial multitool is trash that needs to be replaced and you've noticed one on a space station that looks nifty but is expensive as hell. It's earlygame so forgeddit, do some missions and sell some stuff so you can invest in something that'll be a huge return of investment. Means a multitool that has at least 2+2x3(box) slots. For example something like this one will essentially do (1 slot at top left + 2x3 box + 1 at bottom right):
NmsMultiTool_Singular_Angle_XVII.jpg

Why is this 2x3 box important? Because of adjacency and bonuses it provides. This adjacency is mentioned in the ingame guide but without details.
Anyway, assuming you've found exactly the same multitool as above, you won't be doing what that whomever person did above but something else.
Mining Beam is at the fixed place on all multitools and it has to stay where it is.
On the bottom right you'll put Terrain Manipulator. And the box? This (in this case rotated ofc):

pic.jpg

Those S scanning modules you'll buy with nanites from tech traders in starbases:

pic.jpg

If one trader doesn't sell any, teleport to another base. And another. Than another till you get all three. You've checked all known systems and no dice? Hell, visit another system and check there too!
Note that upon reloading the game refreshes NPC traders' inventory (and resets sentinels, but that's not important now). So if you bought ana S module from a trader, return to your ship, enter, exit (autosave), then reload - and you'll be able to buy another.

Configuring your multitool like this will net you 50-80K of $ for each new plant scanned and 100-500K for each new animal scanned!
Just scanned. Not fed, not killed. Scanned.

Millions, come to daddy! :D

Okay that was "essentially", if you can buy a multitool with more slots please do - you should have at least one more slot for Boltcaster for example. It's class doesn't matter as the money earn will always be the same and besides this multitool is just temporary, you want an S class alien or experimental multitool for some serious "business".

As the final multitool setup you'll have something similar to this:

pic.jpg

All those modules will cost you thousands of nanites, so don't waste your precious nanites on upgrading the second temporary multitool (even if you you got lucky and already found alien/experimental multitool somewhere - you don't have the money to buy it so you stilll need the second rubbish "multitool" to get that cash).
Remember the only important adjacent modules thing on the second multitool is the scanner, everything else is optional!

---

If you're interested in details about adjacency bonus of everything and not just multitool scanner read this steam guide where a player "by hand" experimented with interstellar travel because developers were too lazy to write it down themselves:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1467989498

All most effective combinations of everything, as a pic, are covered here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/NMSGalacti...e_technology_configuration_chart_v30/?depth=1
kzy01l1bsnh11.png

I'll be posting my setups screenshots of course to make it more clear where it's (maybe?) needed.

Last edited:
3. Expanding inventory

On each new star base visited you can expand one slot in your exosuit. One. And once. General, cargo or technology slot. Max number of slots is 48 for general and cargo, for tech it is 14.

The first few slots are dirt cheap, right? But then the price goes skyhigh, a million and more! Well, early game, even with the scanner, that's a way too much.

Didn't I say in the first post to make bases near one small settlement or a few? If you didn't, go search for small settlements and do it before continuing!
(signal booster + navigation data to search habitable points).
You want to put your base and a teleport portal near any small settlement that sells Drop Pod Coordinate Data:

pic.jpg

pic.jpg

Items a NPC sells restock on either save/reload or on any teleport portal travel. So enter/exit your ship then reload to buy some more, or travel in between a couple of your bases near small settlements that sell these. The point is to always have cca 10 of these coordinates in inventory.

Except data coords you'll also need tons of:
- Sodium Nitrate (45 per pod, buy somewhere or refine sodium - yellow minerals or yellow flowers)
- Oxygen (40 per pod, buy or pluck red flowers or mine random plants)
- Ionised Cobalt (55 per pod, buy or refine cobalt you can mine in caves)
- Antimatter (1 per pod = 20 Condensed Carbon + 20 Chromatic Metal)

Note that Carbon nor Condensed Carbon you cannot buy anywhere, so either mine red crystals or refine carbon. To get Chromatic Metal you know the usual drill - refine copper. But you're, thanks to the scanner multitool upgrade from previous point, swimming in $ so buy Chromatic Metal on any space station that sells it (not all do) instead of wasting time on mining and refining.

Prepared all "ingredients"? Goody!

Land on a planet, any planet, pull out your Signal Booster and use the option at the bottom - to scan for data pods. It'll find one.
Fly there, "fix it" and open a slot in your exosuit.
Use the signal booster next, go to another pod, "fix" it, another slot opened.
Make sure you make a manual save in case signal booster can't find any more of these so you can reload and not lose, currently expensive, data coordinates.

Rince repeat a few times on different planets till you unlock *all* 48 general slots and *all* 48 cargo slots. Technology slots aren't currently important really, you can complete those later at any time, but seriously why would you stall, you'll eventually want them all unlocked too.
When you're done with planets in a system, check all possible moons too!

Last edited:
4. Unlocking Stargates and preparing for getting a billion of $

I've noted this in an opening post, but lemme repeat with a few additional details.
If you didn't finish it already, continue Artemis questline till it's completed.
The questline spawns through several arcs - check which one is currently active in your log (P on the keyboard):
- Alone Amidst the Stars
- A Leap in the Dark
- The First Traveller - on the choice to upload or kill: pick UPLOAD!
- Patterns in Time
- The Purge - DO NOT RESET but refuse instead

This will unlock all 16 glyphs you need to travel through Stargates without you paying anything for those.

Assuming you want to be tortured by a game, don't upload but choose kill.
When you do that, to find all 16 glyphs you need to pay other travellers that spawn randomly in star bases or habitable stations on the ground so they point you to their grave. No, not with the money. But with nanites. Each grave location will steal 100 nanites from you and believe me you don't want to waste nanites that way.

Of course that's not all but the game scams you through a bug. At certain places two travellers will appear instead of just one, similar looking and different names. And then you pay 100 nanites to each - where they both point you to the same grave you can learn a glyph from only once. Pic proof? Sure:

pic.jpg

Make sure you place a beacon by any Stargate you'll pass through during this questline! Write on a paper what planet it was so you can return later - the beacon will show as a star symbol tooltip on a planet while you're in that system.
Or, if you don't have a base on that planet yet, you may as well put a base with teleport portal nearby, why not?

That done, I posted above do not reset.
If you reset, no stargate code shared by other players all over internet will work. So just don't. If you did… I'd suggest starting over.

----

Finished Artemis questline?
Good, now go finish Atlas questline. The choice in the end you need to pick is birth so you get a blueprint not obtainable otherwise.

You should buy blueprints from technology merchant on starbases for different ship drives and build those drives on your current ship:
- Cadmium Drive
- Emeril Drive
- Indium Drive
Why? Because this way you'll be able to travel to systems around stars that aren't yellow without necessity to buy boosting travel distance modules.

It doesn't matter which ship you're using, it may as well be the initial trash shuttle.

----

Why are you doing all of this before proceeding? Because you'll open numerous star bases in star systems and you need to be able to visit 50+ star bases one by one through teleport portal. Both Artemis and Atlas questlines will ask you to travel through different systems so you're killing a few flies with one stroke. Well… Something like that.

Last edited:
5. Farming investment money and nanites for modules through missions

Time for some EXCESSIVE GRINDING. :D
Okay, not really, just mild. Won't be boring much I promise, it's just the loading screens that will get on your nerves… Because you'll be passing through the same route - twice. The second passthrough will come later though.

Anyway, you've visited 50+ systems and can now travel in between them through teleport portals in space stations, right?
What, you didn't? O_O
Go back to whatever previous step you skipped and make sure you can teleport to at least 50 different space stations!
I do recommend having 70 or more stations available in the portal (5 per each page, 14 pages), but 50 is somewhat of a minimum.

Go to any of your planet bases then use teleport portal there to visit the first space station listed. And filter the teleport portal to show only space stations.
I have no idea how the game sorts space stations and you'll be visiting them all, one by one.
There is a way how to keep track which one you should go next and not return to a previous one - the same station is always placed on the spot you're currently at, but I cannot explain this properly so let's do what we always do with proper RPGs.
Pen and paper!

Make a table of a sort where you'll mark which station you've just arrived through a portal so you don't revisit any previous one (doesn't matter if you misclick and do, but it's wasting time). Something like this:

bullshit.jpg

Keep your eyes on the names of stations while travelling, you might get what was I saying above that one is always at the spot you've just visited. If you get that you won't be needing a table on paper, but hey, a game where we won't write nothing on a paper ain't fun! ;)

On every space station talk to missions agent and accept certain missions. Don't go do any, just walk from station to station and get missions. What certain missions now? Those where if you do just one, it automatically solves all others of the same type!
An example, if you accept 3 kill pirates missions then fly out of the base and kill just one, it'll complete all three missions. Regardless of how many stars pirates in missions had!

Take:
- kill pirates (any number of stars)
- kill creatures
- kill predators (any predator counts, even those that won't attack you but other lifeforms)
- kill sentinels (basically kill first three then go to your second base through a portal, kill again 3 there then portal back, then kill 2 more for total of 8 - or kill 3, enter/exit ship, reload autosave so they cooldown, rince repeat)
- scan minerals
- scan animals
- scan plants
- feed animals (on the planet where you made your first base you should be able to do this with ferrite dust - just hold E while near an animal, note that after a while these fed animals shit coprite)
- take photo of a land animal, underwater animal, small settlement or something that won't make you wasting too much of time

Do not take:
- kill quad sentinels (sentinel quads are fourlegged sentinels and you probably can't do them in just yet so skip those for now, feel free to take them when your multitool is fully built)
- raid planetary depot or harvester
- collect whatever item or items
- locate missing person
- take photo of whatever too much of time waste to get there (example, monolith you cba to travel to)
- deliver an item
- repair whatever
- defend or assault a freighter

Additional notes:
- If it says take a photo of manufacturing facility, you can't "cheat" it by taking a photo of Operations although it should be the same thing.
- You can take one kill monstrosities mission, but just one as it won't solve other such missions. However, it does count for killing creatures missions and you don't need to wait for those to spawn but you trigger their spawning by destroying eggs!

Once you passed all space stations and accepted numerous samey missions, do them one type then another. Any order will do. Start for example with exiting the station and killing a pirate then return, wait till the game runs through all "objective complete" messages and says "return to mission agent" then claim rewards at any station. Any. A mission agent on any station will reward completed missions regardless of where you get those and in this case by destroying just one pirate ship you got rewarded many times.
Then land on some planet you've never been before and scan everything, then kill something, etc…

Finish all of it, claim all rewards (cash and nanites, if you've received items as reward sell all of those).
You shoud end up with 30+ more millions in your wallet and almost 10K nanites, maybe more depending on your luck on how many appropriate missions appeared in space stations.

Last edited:
6. Getting S class multitool (with build)

Internet is full of stargate codes on S class alien or experimental multitools. I've checked a few - some were abortions that lead nowhere, some lead to systems where your game crashes, etc, probably most of those don't work or worked in some older game versions.
This one is legit just follow it's instructions (land on the planet Velix Hamur, then exit the ship to autosave, then reload, then go to it's moon at the spot where numerous player bases are):
https://imgur.com/gallery/XdH1PAM
pic.jpg

If you don't like this one, well, google.
Note the price of this multi tool. That's one reason why the previous step was missions grind. Another reason was to get reputation and receive better missions in the future. The third reason was nanites, with nanites you'll be buying S class modules on space stations to build your crazy multi tool.

Posted it already, but lemme repeat 24 slots multi tool build:

pic.jpg

Why pulse spitter and not boltcaster? Because this one uses the same ammo you loot everywhere and is cheap to make (from ferrite dust), while it has a vastly superior damage output.
Why Plasma Launcher? Built as above, cast a few "grenades" from it and nothing can survive. For example when farming sentinels, the fourth wave spawns a "dog" with fast regeneration almost impossible to kill with spitter - one plasma grenade thrown kills it instantly. ;)
The rest is selfexplanatory but feel free to ask why these stuff and not other.

Note that S class modules you'll be buying won't have same names and even when they do, bonuses will be different. Don't nitpick on 1-2% differences, just put any S module and that's it.

More info the adjacency bonuses I've already written in this post, but if something is not clear feel free to ask.

The empty slot at top left is there to apply any silly C or B class modules you get as reward from quests - after applying those, just destroy them to get some mats back. You need some rare and not cheap mats freebies. ;)
Once all quests are done with, you may put there anything you like. Or not. Doesn't matter.

Last edited:
7. Making 1 billion of $ and completing exosuit build

Grindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrind. :)

You'll now repeat the process of accepting missions from all space stations, but with additional things on each station. If you're here and skipped reading that part, in short:
Walk through teleport portals on space stations and on each station talk to missions agent then accept only those missions types that are all considered completed by the game although you did the task only once.

Please do read the step. Also, this time since you'll be completing your multitool build, do accept killing sentinel quads missions (doglike sentinels that appear as the third and fourth wave) as these usually return tons of nanites. Note that the most dangerous sentinel - walker, is not quad!

Starting point:

Go to the planet base of yours where you've built exocrafts then store *everything* in exocrafts and safes. Keep only Atlas Pass in inventory just to be sure (note that if you have Atlas Pass v2, you may ditch v1, while Atlas Pass v3 covers both v1 and v2 - you need to keep only the one with highest number!).

Wait what? You don't have exocrafts yet? I believe I said in the first post to rush main story missions and base expansion sidequest. So before proceeding, at least "expand" base to the point where you get 3 different exocrafts.

If your inventory is clean, use teleport portal on your planetary base, filter space stations only and teleport to the first space station. There, check tech traders and buy S modules for your new multitool from previous step, but also S modules for your exosuit!
Which ones? Erm… Wait, I need to write something else before the exosuit build.

Go to parking places of this space station and buy 380 technology modules from NPCs in ships that arrive. Yes, this is part of why grinding for "investment money" was needed - it'll cost you cca 20M of $.

So here's the exosuit build you'll be completing in this step and how it looks with all technology modules bought (Atlas Pass is not a module, it's there just so you can if necessary open certain containers and doors):

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

Oooooh, yeeees, that's why that annoying step of searching for drop pods was necessary!

Technology part of exosuit build? Here:

pic3.jpg

Wait… WTF are those two red balls on it?
Someone is skipping stuff. Go back to preparing to earn a billion step.

Draw a table of visiting space stations on the paper and start using portal to each and every one of those. On each you'll do three things:
- crash economy
- accept missions of the certain type that are completed if just one is done
- check tech traders on possible S class modules needed for multitool or exosuit

Crashing space station economy:

It's simple really and is by the game's economy design. More items of the same type a space station has, bigger the discount on those. Yes, that's how and why stuff in rich systems can be bought for cheap - they have too many items of the same type to sell.

On each space station you visit, except accepting missions and buying S class modules for multitool and exosuit, go to the trading post and do these three things:

- Sell all 380 technology modules by holding left mouse button on the tech modules icon (you "earn" 16-19 millions)

pic1.jpg

- Exit the trading post screen so the game recalculates prices based on items surplus:

pic2.jpg

- Enter the trading post screen again and rebuy all 380 technology modules (hold left mouse button on triangles, Q/E is worthless)

pic3.jpg

Notice the price difference - you bought the stuff back with almost -80% discount. In other words on each space station you get cca 15 millions of $ of profit with a few clicks and holds. Visiting all 50+ bases… A billion of $! :drool:

Rince repeat with all space stations, once all stations are visited and done, start doing all those accepted missions - this time not for money of course, but for reputations with different factions and nanites.

Last edited:
8. Getting S class hauler (with build) and S class frigate

If you read about S class spaceships elsewhere you'll learn that these appear more often in rich systems. Lemme share my experience before I had enough of that bullshit.

After 100 hours of game I haven't seen a single one S class ship of any type anywhere, the best one I saw was A class hauler 48/8 slots so I bought that one hoping to stumble upon S class sometime in the future.
No dice. Yes I was checking space stations and trading posts, the random generator atrocity just knew I hate design crimes and rigged my luck to lowest possible I bet.

So I've finally googled. And quite a few people provided stargate glyphs codes, sweared that just like S class alien/experimental multitool, at certain systems S class ship will spawn - all you need is to park your current ship somewhere then reload autosave a few times, that's it.
And I visited a few such systems, savescummed for hours (no, I'm not joking) and again nothing.

At the same time I was visiting rich systems to hunt a S class huge frigate too, the best one was A class and was a small one, big ones were B!

After a few hours of savescum, one spot finally spawned a S class hauler. With 39/6 slots. WTF.
Rolling my eyes I thought screwit, it's time to uninstall this slotmachine imbecillism, thumb it down on Steam and play a proper game.

But as it happens, I'm PC audience. On PC we have a sort of freedom where we don't have to suffer from pisspoor designs. We have mods.
So I thought, maybe there is a mod that will convert a ship you have into S class (basically a cheat, yes). No there is no such mod. There is a better one:
https://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/605?tab=files

Gives what? Apply the mod. Google for S class hauler stargate glyphs codes. Found the one you like? Go there, reload once or twice because it might initially spawn another "ugly" model you don't want, and your S class 48/8 hauler will arrive.
No more gambling mechanics! No more wasting time on the slot machine rigged to never give you a simple space ship.

The best build (IMO) - buy blueprints and modules at space stations:

pic.jpg

pic2.jpg

This mod also makes sure the frighter you get is always of S class. So keep the mod till you get to a big one with 34/4 slots (frequently appears in rich systems during freighter defense mission). With this mod, it took me just one warp to find one:

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

Freighter build? Just make all freighter hyperdrives in it's technology page and that's it, nothing else. Buy blueprints for those from tech traders on space stations.

Last edited:
I'm having a headache. My pulse drive is not working and I don't see an easy way to get fuel for it. My inventory is too small. I see Joker's hints but i want a simple way to resolve these two issues. I'm still close to the start. I've been to two or three planets; my current quest is to get some copper. To be honest i can't tell if i like the game because little details like this is just tedious. I.e, without pulse drive it takes too much time to get to the space station and back to a planet. I don't have teleport devices - not sure how long it takes to get those.

9. Finalizing the anomaly (Polo and Nada) main quest

Got stuck on Polo's request to spend certain time on extreme planet(s)? Well I was.

The solution is easy. Find a planet with extreme weather conditions or extreme (frenzy) sentinels that attack you on spot without being provoked, dig a hole in the ground or hide in a cave, leave the game running (don't alt tab, won't work!) and go for a coffee with friends.
Easy peasy, if only you had friends. :p Well I do so there. You can watch TV instead.

Polo's final request is to scan all fauna on 10 planets. Prepare to endure yet another design crime. It's not enough to scan all fauna and upload it. You need to do an additional mousehold - on the paw at top right. Otherwise your "scanned them all" won't be registered. Note that the paw after holding mouse switched from gray to yellow on my example:

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

You may as well notice another thing. This certain planet or moon had only one fauna lifeform. I'm saying search for planets and moons like this one. Instead of wasting time to scan everything on a planet with perhaps 15 fauna species, just walk around a single faunatype planet for max a minute, basically till that "animal" spawns near you, scan it, mark the paw and you're good to go.

The reward from Polo for this last step? Nothing. Zilch. Nada.
It's probably developer's internal rubbish joke: that's why Polo's sidekick's name is Nada.

Last edited:
Community play, peer pressure, herd mentality or whatever.

Would have been better to point as a persistent reader of this site.
Which has at least been influencing in one way, leading to watch streaming.

A bit of influence that streaming can not boast.

Are you high?
Most probably no hint I've written in this thread can be seen on streams. Maybe a streamer here and there admits atrocious user interface, but that's it.

10. Additional notes

By following previous hints you're now swimming in $, have best ships and completed all possible builds so is that it?
No. So lemme add a few notes.

-----

You don't have all the blueprints.
- For base building blueprints it's simple, you need tons of burried technology to unlock those. Digging them on planets tend to be too grindy so when you spot those are sold at a small settlement (3-4 pieces), use the savescum scheme. Buy, save, reload, buy more. You can put portable saving point inside the settlement to make it faster.
- Item crafting blueprints are not as easy. To get all possible ones you need to break inside Manufacturing Facility or Operations then solve a puzzle on central computer. Most of times a blueprint will be a reward, not always though. Also, the game doesn't track what blueprint you've already learned, so prepare to see many duplicates. To find Manufacturing Facility or Operations on a planet, use Navigation Data on Signal Booster and browse Secure Channels.

-----

So... Small Settlement. You want to find one, but you don't have navigation dana (to use it with Signal Booster and Search for habitable outposts). Take any "locate missiing person" mission. One of it's steps almost always lead you to a small settlement. ;)

-----

I've mentioned carbon and condensed carbon can't be bought anywhere which isn't a biggie, red crystals are common on all planet types so mine them when you see them.
For a reason unknown to me gases also aren't available in stores (nitrogen, radon and sulfurine). These come as secondary element inside minerals/flora so you can mine them that way if needed, also check refiner recipes on those.
One might come and say but there is also atmosphere harvester. That thing is bugged and will cause you more frustration than benefits. Same goes for automated mining unit. Bugged, totally. Avoid those two.

-----

Speaking of bugs in the missions part I said not to take raiding planetary depots. These missions tend to be bugged, either the mission bugs itself for no reason so you can't finish it or one of containers becomes indestructible. Do rob these for some rare mats when stumbe upon those in the wild, but don't take raid depot missions, ever!

-----

What about freighters and frigate Assassin Creed like countdown missions? Too long to write. You of course have now tons of $ to afford buying 30 (max number of) frigates, but the best strategy with them?
Two hints - build 5 op centers in your freighter and try to get only frigates with low fuel consumption. For more details there is this awsome and very detailed guide on Steam:
Frigate Buyer's Guide - How to Pick the Best Ships (and avoid "Lemons")

-----

Nanites? You need some more and just cba to do more missions? Or grind sentinels?
Make a refining "farm" at one of your bases with about 10 mid or big refiners (so you don't need to fuel those). Then hop at any rich economy system, buy tons of platinum (cmon, you're filthy rich thanks to economy crashes), url=https://nomanssky.gamepedia.com/Refiner]refine[/url] it to nanites.
You can spot on that link that Runaway Mould seems to be a cheaper option to craft nanites, but as it happens, that thing cannot be bought at any shop in the game. Damn.

-----

This brings me to another thing mentioned in previous paragraph and elsewhere in this hints thread. What systems are considered rich? These:
- Advanced
- Affluent
- Booming
- Flourishing
- High Supply
- Opulent
- Prosperous
- Wealthy
If it happens the game gets patched in a way crashing station economy is not possible any more, no biggie, just go to a rich system, buy stuff with biggest discount and sell in pisspoor economy systems. It will take some more time than just crashing economy of each space station though, but the strategy is the same.
Note that once crashed, the economy of a space station will recover by itself after a while (can't say exactly, my rough estimation is 3-4 hours of playing the game).

-----

Finally, alien languages. I suggest not bothering with learning every possible word, wiki says, more than 2000 alien words are in the game.
Learn enough to max the coresponding milestone (150 words) and stop caring. Why? Except bragging rights, there is absolutely no reward. Bah.

Are you high?
Most probably no hint I've written in this thread can be seen on streams. Maybe a streamer here and there admits atrocious user interface, but that's it.

Hard to tell without watching.

Back
Top Bottom