Richard Garriot's New Rpg...an excerpt

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor
I saw this on facebook and thought some of you would be interested...there is alot more there but here is some interesting stuff:

Here is what I feel is safe to say: Lord British’s Ultimate Role Playing Game, which may be called “Akalabeth” or may be called “New Britannia” or may be called “a name I cannot yet say as it describes the setting I am considering and think I should keep secret at least until I know if it’s likely true,” will be an Ultimate RPG. You will have customized Avatar homesteads and real roles to play in a deep, beautifully realized highly interactive virtual world. It will have virtues and the hero’s journey reflected back to the player. It will have the best of synchronous and asynchronous features in use. Fiction will support your arrival from earth into this new world. I even hope to make maps, coins and other trinkets available to players of the game.

But, please be understanding. It took 25 years to craft all the detail in Ultima. The new world will start smaller, thinner and lighter. It will have fewer features than some or most MMOs. Critical elements of the story I have just told may be missing upon launch. But fear not, this is where we are headed. Come play with us in the brave new world. Help us grow it. Teach us about what you have learned in your years of playing. Invite in your new friends who are new to gaming. They will be a new spirit and provide new ideas about what to do. They will likely not tolerate bad instructions, bad interface or huge upfront fees, which is a good thing! We will teach and learn from them as well.

An MMO? Instantly off my radar. Why can't they just die already and let people get back to making real RPGs?

Come on, Garriot, if you made a good SP RPG you might actually become relevant again.

An MMO? Instantly off my radar. Why can't they just die already and let people get back to making real RPGs?

Come on, Garriot, if you made a good SP RPG you might actually become relevant again.

+++ ^^ MMOs are for teenagers ;D NO really, I don't have the time to compete with gamers you find there^^

Wasnt it suppose to be singleplayer??

The asshole said in his tweet an ultima like game coming to the iOS. If the fucker meant Ultima Online like then he should have said that.

I've had it. Not reading another thing on this till the official announcement....goddamn Garriot's going to do it again.

Back
Top Bottom