World of Darkness Online News Live!

Harlequin

Sentinel
Greetings all,

I would like to announce the first news/community site for the World of Darkness Online MMORPG currently is production is now live!

The site will feature the latest news, rumors and interviews with the devs as well the following:

- MySpace like profile system where you can create your own sub-page with your information and players and guilds can network and meet each other.
- Advanced and full featured forums
- WoD Online Wiki
- Public Gallery
- Integrated JAVA client IRC chat
- Scheduling system where you can post any events or gatherings you will have

Looking forward to all the White Wolf and WoD fans to stopping by!

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

Harlequin
Admin of WoD Online News

Anyone able to connect to wodonline? All I get is "cannot display webpage"

Still nothing, either they're having huge problems with their server or they're gone for good. Oh well, other than the Warhammer Online game I was looking foreward to seeing how well this game was recieved. I'm still not sure if I could ever really play any MMO and actually enjoy it, but this one had potential.

Good to hear that it's just technical difficulties. I'll be definatly stopping by once it's up and running:)

I have a new Op Ed post up. The article is about possible live GM's in the World of Darkness MMO, their MIA status in current MMO's and past live GM musings.

A snip:

Reading what little information is available for World of Darkness MMORPG it dawned on me; Are live GM's who actually.. you know.. Game Master going to be make resurgence in WoD? Why do I think that? Let's first look at a brief history of GM's in MMORPG's and where we are today first.

Back in the heyday of Ultima Online in the mid 90's it was common for GM's to run live events. If that was a social gathering, town hall meeting or the most popular running a in-game story line. As the next generation of MMORPG's came out, and the next generation after that something became clear. One of the casualties of a market getting over saturated (which a much smaller global pool of users to fight over vs today's internet MMO user base) was the overhead cost cutting. And one of the first things under the cost cutting axe? The payroll demand of live interaction from the MMORPG staff. Less and less as time went on and by the mid 2000's it was a rare treat on just a few MMO's trying to keep that tradition alive. But certainly not to the extent of the era before it.

You can read the full article here.
http://www.wodnews.net/Articles/tabid/65/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/15/Where-have-all-the-GMs-gone.aspx

Back
Top Bottom