Might & Magic X - The Scout

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Might & Magic X has another update today introducing us to the Scout.

scout_book.jpg

The Dwarves of Clan Winterwind are the most outgoing of all of their kind. They are the ones most likely to be found on the surface or dealing with outsiders. They are expert travelers and have deep knowledge of the wilds.

The Scout and the Defender share the same taste in melee weapons, but apart from that the differences are substantial: What the Scout lacks in physical defense he makes up with higher vitality and arcane resistance. His magic abilities in the magic schools of fire and earth make him a versatile caster of damage and healing alike. However, the strongest trait of the Scouts is their passion for crossbows - which only they can wield with grand master expertise.
More information.

I'm a fan of the Scout as a class in general, but their mix of a sneaky scout with a bulky crossbow seems an odd one.

I can see nothing sneaky about this variation of a Scout. I'm glad the Ranger class gets some M&M love, finally :)

No, they haven't included rogue-like skills for some reason. The closest is probably Dodge.

Pretty decent class. But also pretty average and unspectacular. Not that this is a bad thing. ^^

Can't wait for the next patch. Also because I hope it improves the horrible performance on my machine :p

They made a mistake in this article that has been fixed. Scouts can cast from the fire and light schools, not earth. A bit of a letdown because I find 'evil' ranger types kinda fun, but it was probably done so he is a bit different from the Elven Ranger.

They made a mistake in this article that has been fixed. Scouts can cast from the fire and light schools, not earth. A bit of a letdown because I find 'evil' ranger types kinda fun, but it was probably done so he is a bit different from the Elven Ranger.

makes sense though, one of earth's first ability is the same as their special ability (snare)

Are there healing spells in the earth school anyway? It figures they'd have some healing to be self-sufficient. Party of Scouts here I come :cool:

In traditional Hermetic magic, water is usually the element associated with healing.

Not sure that matters here though…

Back
Top Bottom