Lucky Day's The Wizard's Grave discussion thread

Well, I would have bought the game on iOS, as I don't have any Android devices...
Are you planning an iOS release ?

Other than that, what do you mean you got 3 jobs based on it ?
Contracting jobs ?

Also, what do you mean it was a deal breaker ?

Plad

I couldn't make the game in iOS w/out rewriting the whole thing in Objective C - unless iOS has a good Android Emulator or a code convertor. I made it specifically in Android in order to learn the language.

As for the the three jobs, for my two contracting jobs it was a significant thing to present in my interviews. The second position was in Android validation - I was surprised at how few of my co-workers knew how to write an app even.

The deal-breaker at my current job was - my boss was impressed that I applied myself and brought a product to market. He did something similar in his youth but his employer didn't recognize it for what it was. He didn't hire another person for my position already because he does nothing like this to apply himself.

The other day I got some spam from a bot reminding that The Wizard's Grave is going away soon

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.start.wizardwar&hl=en_US

And would I like to make it 64 bit so it won't go away. Its real easy. I'm sure all I have to do is pay some guy.

In case you didn't know, Google is requiring all apps in its store to be 64 bit otherwise it will purge them. I wrote the Wizard's Grave in Android 2.3.3 because around 60% of all Android owners were using that version at then. I don't think 64 bit was available at the time because a year later my boss at Intel was talking to investors about the first 64 processor for Android.

Anyway, I hadn't planned to make it 64 bit so it will be going away on Aug 1st. At least on Google Play. Its still free while it is there. Otherwise you'll have to get it through Amazon until they take it down

https://www.amazon.com/Brett-Little-The-Wizards-Grave/dp/B00H029DYA

or a third party if anyone's grabbed it to host on their own site.

On that note I could still look into upgrading it. I would have to find the source code first or find a way to reverse engineer the apk file possibly.

I got a great review it looks like back in February. That makes me feel good.

I doubt anyone has finished playing it all the way through though. Everytime I went to test it I ended up modifying something.

If I can find the code I will, at the very least, show the ending and all the alternatives you can have.

Back
Top Bottom