SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech - Released

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech has been released on Steam.

Triumph over evil with the hand you're dealt!

SteamWorld Quest is the roleplaying card game you've been waiting for! Lead a party of aspiring heroes through a beautifully hand-drawn world and intense battles using only your wits and a handful of cards. Take on whatever threat comes your way by crafting your own deck choosing from over 100 unique punch-cards!

What awaits you is a luscious treasure chest filled with gold, dragons, vivid worlds, magic, knights in shining armor as well as XP, turn-based battles and all that good RPG stuff! The game's humorous mix of traditional fantasy and steampunk robots makes for an unforgettable experience with lots of laughs.
More information.

Has anybody bought it yet?
It seems to tick all the right boxes for me, but I read it is a bit short and repetitive.

Has anybody bought it yet?
It seems to tick all the right boxes for me, but I read it is a bit short and repetitive.

Based on reviews and comments up on the Steam forums, it's either way too hard due to random near-useless cards being dealt to you at the start of the fight (thus rendering boss fights near impossible to win), to way too easy even on hardest difficulty with people claiming to have won the game without losing a single fight.

So … that probably didn't help at all :S

But one thing that was mentioned consistently is that after fighting new (never before seen) enemies for the first time, the XP is good, but even if the very next fight is against the same ones and the fight is the same difficulty (or lack thereof), the XP gain is drastically reduced. This sounds like a deal breaker to me, anyway, if true, when coupled with comments that some grinding may be needed.

It is streamed. Difficulty was already lowered from switch version and streamers breathe through it.

Poor play and poor players exist.

Sounds like a short game to me, and the card mechanic isn't a favourite of mine. I'll keep an eye out and see what people might think down the road on this one.

Unfortunately the combat effects seem weak and messed up. :( No play, no wasting my life on this one..

Back
Top Bottom