Kickstarter campaign to launch for fans of retro RPGs - Press Release at Renderosity

mattt8

Traveler
Well, I'm not a big fan of real time combat / action RPGs in general (which this seems to be). But I'm curious: how is this a retro RPG? Obviously the graphics are not AAA, but aside from dated 3D graphics... is there anything retro about the gameplay?

Well, I'm not a big fan of real time combat / action RPGs in general (which this seems to be). But I'm curious: how is this a retro RPG? Obviously the graphics are not AAA, but aside from dated 3D graphics… is there anything retro about the gameplay?

Hi! Glad you asked! The teaser-trailer doesn't give the MAP-Based UI (which is Turn Based indeed!) enough time to shine. Think of it kindof like the blend that Heroes of Might and Magic did; your primary means of navigation and interaction is all map-based, and there are various 'static' animations also, like when you visit shops and such. But combat, you are correct, is real-time 3D using Unreal 4.0 . But the majority of your interactions are based on classic map/turn play. I hope that helps to answer your question!
Matt

Back
Top Bottom