Witcher 3 Tutorial Stuck

The Witcher 3

Zloth

I smell a... wumpus!?
Really??

The game starts up, a message says that the tutorial messages will be in the glossary, and then I'm tasked with moving the camera. I move the camera.

Nothing.

I've moved the camera around in all directions. I've use both controller and mouse.

Nothing.

No camera move means no tutorial on Witcher vision means no key means I'm stuck forever. I guess I'll restart with no tutorial. I sure hope I remember what I learned two months ago.

Unplug the joystick.
Turn off your PC.
Take the artificial musshrooms out of your home and toss in the nearest trashbin.
Return home.
Turn on PC.

Everything works.
Note: failing just one step from above won't be as effective.

I took a shortcut - I restarted the game sans tutorial. Once I got out of the room, I turned messages on again and everything went fine. (I took shortcuts with Ciri's race, too - barely survived. ;))

One more week…one more week…one more week.

New system will be in...then I can start a replay with the GOTY.

This doesn't bode well for you Zloth. If you struggled to beat the level 1 camera monster, the latter parts of the game might be too difficult for you.

It cheated! Cheated using its cheatty cheating cheatiness!

Ptththth, griffons. I killed a dozens of them in Dragon's Dogma.

Ptththth, griffons. I killed a dozens of them in Dragon's Dogma.
Griffins in TW3, unlike that rubbish grinder you mention, do not respawn. You kill one, it's gone for good.

I'm totally in love with this game. I've played around thirty hours I'd guess, I'm barely level eight, and just romping around exploring places. Sometimes I run into fights where I get my butt kicked solidly, other times I get in battles that I barely win. I've accidently progressed the main quest sometimes, and done plenty of side missions, but I think it could take me weeks to finish this one properly.

Griffins in TW3, unlike that rubbish grinder you mention, do not respawn. You kill one, it's gone for good.
That's because griffons are 'trash mobs' in that game!

Ansel is adding to the fun for me, too. Giving me a slider to let me pick the resolution?? I'm going to be needing another hard drive soon! Only problem is that you can't take screenshots at all when a cutscene is going (in or out of engine).

OK, so it did take two tries. The game didn't seem to do the red-around-the-edges thing so much in that battle. I thought I was doing nicely then suddenly fell over!

Uhhh, I am going to be able to come back to this place, right? There was still a lot to do when I ran off to the next area. (Witcher 1 burned me pretty bad on that font.)

They use an arial font in TW3, so you should be fine.

So two days now and Zloth still hasn't managed to move past the tutorial?
I can see why he's always slouching behind. :p

I'm past the tutorial now and into the phase where I try to get 3D Vision and Ansel working at the same time!

You're mixing TW1 (with Aurora rubbish engine you can't return to previous areas ever) with TW3.

You're mixing TW1 (with Aurora rubbish engine you can't return to previous areas ever) with TW3.

Hm, it might be possible to go there, but I know for a fact that certain things were unavailable if skipped (quests, gwent card etc). I remember how they hotfixed in the gwent card in question (I think it was one of the ruler cards for Northern Realms), so people could still complete their deck if they left White Orchard without picking up the card.

Cards are used as pokemon collection and were never ment to take part in choice/consequence world shifting. Thus losing a chance to get a card later doesn't fit openworld design in TW3 and as such was "fixed" by giving player a chance to get the card by different means.

Anyway, you can always return to the tutorial area.

You know, I saw somebody else's screenshot and they have all these fancy mini-maps and a health bar for Geralt… and didn't the tutorial say something about the color of enemy health bars? (Checks the controls configuration.)

Oh for…

(Presses the Home key so he can actually see the GUI.)

OK, that might make things a little easier. *facepalm*

Had like a ten minute fight today with a troll in a cave, what a battle dance that was! Left an area because it seemed like I was higher level than anything else, came to a new place and.....well, I don't have that issue anymore!

Troll barbeque is delicious =)

"Defecat'n to the sunrise - glorious!"

Yep, this is going to be a fun one!

Back
Top Bottom