Divinity 2 Factions? spoiler possible.

Acleacius

SasqWatch
Is there any consequence to siding with one or the other, or is it just as simple as siding with some becasue they give you a discount? Am I forgetting some lore or missing something, it's been years since I played DD. Just starting out, in the Broken Valley atm, there seem to be couple factions so far Champions and New Order, maybe more.

I can't seem to tell much difference at this point, normally (unless there is a plot twist) you can get at least a sense if an organization is neutral, good or evil. It's helps normally give some depth to choices siding with one or the other in quests. I even tried reading parts of guides which didn't talk about quests or storyline with out any luck.

Thanks.

No relevance at all, really. Richard is pompous and a dirtbag, but other than that, he's neither better nor worse than the New Order. There is a better way to deal with each group, but I'll let you make those decisions. Neither will affect your gameplay much beyond the couple quests with those parties involved.

If you're just maximizing rewards and want to know which path is best, let me know. I'll tell you exactly how to handle those quests for the most rewards/xp.

Yep, no relevance, i was also curious about this at first, when doing the 'Daylight robbery' quest i was surprised there was the option to help the bandits (or kill them) because just prior to doing the quest i had been killing swarms of bandits! - In my curiosity i opted to help them and was rewarded to 'come up and visit our camp sometime' - so i did and was allowed in! - and it lead to the further 'Dark cave (Jagon)' quest. Cross-faction discipline seems 'slack' in some quests yet fits perfectly with the storyline progress.

Last edited:
Ok, thanks crpgnut and Wulf :)

That works out fine, too bad though a little faction competition is usually a good way to add a more diversity.

Sure crpgnut if you have a tip and it's not too much trouble you could spoiler mark it or PM which ever is more convenient, thanks. :)

Ok, Spoilers for how to eek out the most experience from a few of the earlier quests:

Most important spoiler: Talk to Richard and mindread him. It costs 400 xp, but you'll get insight into how he is ripping every one off with his goblin hunting offer. He'll give you full gold and XP for all hearts, so don't kill any goblins till you've got the quest and have mindread him. I ended up with 16 hearts at 150 each xp and gold and that adds up quick!

When clearing the tavern tell Louis that it was a little male bonding or whatever that got out of hand. Be kind to the drunks and they'll reward you by giving you access to a dungeon that is otherwise inaccessable. It's the door next to the town's chapel. After clearing out the treasure in said dungeon, you can then turn the drunks in to Louis by telling him that they narked on his hidey-hole.

Champions vs New Order-If you ask Richard for something more challenging than goblins, he'll ask you to get rid of the New Order guards protecting the livestock at Jackson's Farm. I'd hold off doing this quest at all until you've killed every goblin in Broken Valley. Make this the last quest you solve before moving away from Broken Valley permanently. Killing Richard instead of the New Order offers the better rewards. Richard wears better gear than the soldiers.

Final tip-Don't worry about opening locked chests in the early game. You'll get more useful stuff later, because chests level with your character. You can open the pots, barrels, crates, etc. because that stuff only increases moderately, if at all. I generally kill everything I can before accepting any quests, except for the goblin quest from Richard. Why? You get more xp for kills at lower levels, while quest rewards get better as you level. It's a no-brainer. Save before turning in quests. If you don't like the rewards, reload. The rewards will all be of the same basic level, but some charms/enchantments are much better than others. If you're a spell slinger, you want magic damage enchants and charms. Blue lettering is charms and pink/red lettering is enchants. Try to get a weapon with one of each and you'll see your spells become devastating.

Most rewards aren't worth it though. Only a few quests and chests are reliable in terms of dropping goods tuff.

The only place I've found to be worth it personally is:
Ba'al, the demon. He's got random items of very high quality.

True, I've never been able to reach the character that you're refering to, due to my start-over-itis, but I'd add the quest reward from the guy who needs to understand an ancient language. That should be vague enough so that only those who've done the quest will know who I'm talking about. His item is always legendary and generally one of the best for the mid-levels that you can find. I do find, that in general, the rewards are slightly better if you wait. It's nothing outstanding though. I've played 6 characters through the broken valley area and the two that were picky about when they grabbed chests seem to have better items. I'm a big reload till I get it right, treasure chest opener though. If it's not your cup of tea, pass.

Do you have to
refuse Richards second quest to get the third? The third seems to have 3 times the xp of his second.

I am really learning to hate these randomization games. I will have to tough out D3 unless they come up with a better system (which wouldn't be hard) since Leon Boyarsky is on the team.

Third? He doesn't have a third.
1. Collect hearts.
2. Either help him against the guys at the farm, or don't (in which case you can help them instead). Helping the other guys will obviously stop the heart quest, so only do that once you've cleared the map of goblins.

He's also involved in a quest with a deserter at the inn, but you obtain that by mind reading the shady guy above the fireplace, not from Richard.

Thanks Maylander. :)

What do you make of this, it's seems to be 3 times the xp, plus a free stat point? I haven't had a chance to try it but found it while hunting for something else which was bugged for me.

Hearttaker [BSRHT]
—————
Received From: Richard
1: Kill goblins until they drop hearts
-They drop randomly. Don't worry, it's not a big deal if you don't get many.
2: Turn the hearts in to Richard
Reward: 150xp and 50gp per heart
-The gold reward increases to 150gp if you read Richard's mind.
-This quest never goes away. You can keep turning in any hearts you find.

Feast or Famine [BSFOF]
———————-
Requirement: Turn in at least one goblin heart
1: Talk to Lomax and make him disappear
-He can be bribed for 100g, you can read his mind, or you can kill him
2: Talk to Mouse and let him know the guards are gone
3: Return to Richard
Reward: 450xp, 160g + 1 (uncommon item, 320g)

New Order or Champion Chaos? [BSNOC]
——————————————
Requirement: Refuse to accept the 'Feast or Famine' quest
1: Seek out the New Order guards at Jackson's farm

-Solution 1-
2: Side with Richard and help him defeat the guards
Reward: 1350xp, 240g + 1 (2 uncommon items)

-Solution 2-
2: Side with the guards and help them kill Richard
Reward: 1350xp + 1 (338xp, 240g)
Bonus: You can get a stat point by mindreading Lomax after killing Richard.

You can either do Feast or Famine or New Order. You can't do both. You get the New Order quest by rejecting the Feast quest.

Back
Top Bottom