BioWare - Mass Effect Trilogy Re-Release?

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Are these even replies? o_O

So lets see in the order they were posted.

waste of funds
2. Jeff. Vogel.
3. *Yawn*….

Never mind moving on now.:)

Update: Lets be real here most of you are not the target for Bioware games anymore. :p

Last edited:
I doubt they will ever release a mass effect trilogy that includes all the dlcs...

Are these even replies? o_O

So lets see in the order they were posted.

waste of funds
2. Jeff. Vogel.
3. *Yawn*….

Never mind moving on now.:)

Does this sham deserve better replies?

It does.

Like:
Praise EA, this is what we all wanted before we can die peacefully!

What would interest me is a remastered version of the first game, with the engine updated to match the second and third. Classic games, but I find the first one painfully clunky to revisit.

If they include all the DLCs it might be cheaper than the old games + DLC (i never played any of hte paid DLC but my understnading is they removed huge chunks of ME3 to sell as DLC).

What would interest me is a remastered version of the first game, with the engine updated to match the second and third. Classic games, but I find the first one painfully clunky to revisit.

That would be interesting. (and, yes, Id pay for it :)
I love the first game, but the word clunky is a good representation of the mechanics.

/C

I agree with the suggestion for a remastered version of the first game, in my view the gameplay is just not up to the very good standard of the second and third games. Other than that, I can't imagine wanting a re-release on PC and I don't understand what the point would be.

In addition to asking for additional suggestions, here's what the studio general manager originally floated as his idea of what the essential improvements/features of the trilogy re-release would include:

The thing I'd love to hear from people is what you'd like to have in such an experience. For me (personal opinion, and based on what people have told me many times before):

- 1080p

- 60 fps

- High res textures, especially on ME1

- Some shader improvements commensurate with newer GPUs

- All the DLC

- "Seamless experience" - the adventures flow into each other without having to go back to save import, menu screens, etc.

Agree / disagree? What else?

Bear in mind this is a "wish list" at this point...

That along with including DLC content more organically into the product (his suggestion as well) actually doesn't sound that awful. At least as far as 1st party re-releases go. So as jaded as I feel about bioware in general, this could certainly be done worse (if they do actually go forward with it.)

It wouldn't make sense to just remaster the first game considering that was the best of the series.

Waste of time to do this now anyways though. How much could they improve them graphically? Better off doing this ten years down the road.

Personally, as much as a remastered version of ME1 sounds nice, I wouldn't buy it, because I know that it leads to ME3 where I personally still don't like the ending and a story where I hate the ending is not a story I want to revisit, because then it's like there's a dark cloud hanging on the horizon during the whole time.

The only way they could pull this off without a catastrophic Mass Hate Effect is to include all dlc and also sell it on Steam.

Back
Top Bottom